PDA

View Full Version : FF Origins question...

Fredde
06-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Does the FF2 level-up cheat (you know, when you choose attack over and over with one character to level up very fast in his fighting skills) works in Origins too? If it doesn't, does that mean that leveling up takes unearthly long time?

Master.Pug
06-01-2003, 07:51 PM
it works!
I know this from a friend;)

Garland
06-01-2003, 11:29 PM
It works. Levelling in Origins is even faster than in the NES version as well, since battles are much faster paced. There's no text messages slowing you down, and animations are faster. How much time this really saves, I can't say, but it feels like you make more progress level cheating in FF2 Origins.

SpikingZero
06-02-2003, 12:09 AM
It's not a cheat. It's a flaw in the battle system and taking full advantage of it should be called being "smart". :)

Garland
06-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Well, whatever its legitimacy status might be, it's a whole lot more effective in Origins, I think. I don't think I could play FF2 without said cheat technique, at least with the current rate of legitimate stat gains. It's too tedius raising stats through fair means.

BobDarkavenger
06-02-2003, 02:29 AM
I played through the WSC version without cheating. You guys are overexagerating the need to level up.

Fredde
06-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Yeah, fighting in the NES FF2 could be incredibly boring sometimes, especially when your ran into a bunch of Red Flames (that's what they called?). Their attacks felt like they went on for hours...

Rude
06-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Yes, those would be R. Souls, and if you ran into 5 of them they would each cast Fire5 on all of your party members, meaning that every round you would have to deal with 20 fire animations - very monotonous stuff. That sort of thing drove me to give up on playing FF2j NES. When I get my hands on a copy of origins I'll pick it back up again I'm sure.

Also, Bob the Dark Avenger is correct, you can level up just fine in FF2j without doing the hit-yourself trick over and over. Besides, leveling up in the old fashioned manner actually puts some challenge into the game. I've yet to find a point in playing an rpg if there is no fear of dying in a battle.

DJZen
06-02-2003, 08:14 PM
it's true, you actually don't need to "cheat", though levelling up magic is still a pain just 'cause you need to cast each spell over and over and over. Strength and vitality rise quickly though.

Fredde
06-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, that's good to know since I just got the game. Now I only need a Playstation too...

Book
06-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Garland
Well, whatever its legitimacy status might be, it's a whole lot more effective in Origins, I think. I don't think I could play FF2 without said cheat technique, at least with the current rate of legitimate stat gains. It's too tedius raising stats through fair means.

I totally agree on that, it's pretty boring leveleing up for hours and hours without the "trick".