PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Photshop 7

Moonie Rinoa
06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm trying to make an avatar 60 x 60 but I can't, coz when i try to put the other 60, the other 60 changes the number, you know what I mean? What I need to do to make a 60 x 60 avatar? ^^; Thanks!!

Yamaneko
06-01-2003, 09:19 PM
In the image size window, uncheck the box that says "Constrain Proportions". :)

Zifnab
06-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Or maybe try clicking the image once, then pressing Ctrl+A to select the whole image, then press Ctrl+C. create a new image that is 60x60. Select that image, then press Ctrl+V to paste the previous image onto the new 60x60 image, then use the tool to move it where you want it to appear.

Shlup
06-05-2003, 12:52 AM
That's way too complicated, Jenova.

"Resize Image" resizes the image so that it's even (ie, it won't look stretched or squished). I suggest first going to "Resize Canvas" (I don't think that's the right name, actually, but it's right below "Resize Image") and make the image an even square by taking the larger of the two numbers displayed and making it the same as the smaller number.

Note: Doing this will crop your image (cut some of it off) but if it cuts something important off then you can move it with the tool in the upper right corner of the tool bar (if you hover over it it should say "move tool").

Now that the image is a square, resize the image to 60x60 and it'll be even but not stretched or squished.

Sorry if any of these details are wrong; I'm at school and can't look at Photoshop to check.

EDIT: Actually, maybe Jenova's isn't as complicated as I thought. :)

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Simplest way to resize an image to make it into an avatar? Don't use Photoshop. That's cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer.

IrfanView (http://citizenbleys.virtualave.net/share/IVIEW312.EXE) is much better suited to such work, and it doesn't take 16,000 years to load. The whole program is about the same size as Photoshop's splash screen.

Spatvark
06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
I use Paint Shop Pro for mine. I just cut out a square of the image I want and then resize it; simple as that.

o_O
06-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Ahh the easiest way is to go Image --> Image Size, then change your largest length to 60. That way, you have the largest possible size for that avatar, while still constraining proportions.