PDA

View Full Version : The Bouncer

Rinna Lee
06-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Has anyone here played The Bouncer? If you have, I have questions:

1. In the beginning of the game when Volt says, "Sure is weird weather for spring," when it was snowing, why was even it snowing?

2. Do you think that Sion looks a lot like Sora (KH)?

3. Do you think that Kaldea looks like Rinoa (FFVIII)?

4. Do you think Dominique is too much of a 'Drama Queen'?

5. Why does Volt have horns on his head? Is he a different species, or did he just super-glue them on his head?

AND FINALLY........

6. What did you think of The Bouncer?

;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue:

Aurey
06-02-2003, 01:09 AM
Ok well here's a shot:

1.I'm not exactly sure about that one...
2.I think he does but just a little bit.
3.Yeah Kaldea does in a way look like Rinoa.
4.Yeha dominique is a drama queen.Especially when your fighting that robot guy and she screams"SION!!"It was so whiny.
5.I think it's some type of piercing on his head.
6.It was a decent game,not the best I've seen but it was good.Oh an it was too short.

Blackmage
06-02-2003, 02:58 PM
I haven't played it, but I've heard it absolutely sucked.

Sephex
06-05-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
I haven't played it, but I've heard it absolutely sucked.
It was loads better than Kingdom Hearts.

Blackmage
06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Then for it to be loads better than Kingdom Hearts means that it's like the absolute best game ever. Man, now you're gonna make me go rent it just to see what it's really like.

Enigma
06-05-2003, 07:51 PM
It's only takes like two hours to beat at the most and there's only about 10-20 battles in one new game. I personally liked Kingdom Hearts a tad bit better because it was longer and you could explore. But The Bouncer has the advantage of no Disney characters :D

If The Bouncer was a lot longer and let you explore a lot more, then it'd be a great game.

Aurey
06-05-2003, 09:21 PM
HA!!The bouncer id no where near better than Kingdom hearts!

Flying Mullet
06-05-2003, 09:28 PM
1. It snows quite often in spring in many parts of the world. Nothing special there.
2&3. Sure, I imagine that after years and years of creating video games that Square will end up creating characters that look similar.
4. Probably Square's attempt at making characters show their personalities by having them over-act, ala FFVIII.
5. They are some type of body art, like piercings or tatoos.
6. It's not too bad a game.

And in closing, there are many responses that this game is too short. It's supposed to be short. You're supposed to play it through 3-4 times to get the whole story. Also, it gets harder every time you play. As your gain more power, your enemies will as well. So the idea behind the game is that you will have a real challenge to beat the game multiple times so that you can get the story behind all of the main characters in the game, which is truely beating it, as beatin git once doesn't shed much light on the story.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2003, 10:36 PM
The funniest thing was that, before the PS2 or the game itself were even released, PlayStation Magazine made the biggest deal about the game, covering all the details and hyping the devil out of it. And then, when the game was finally released, all they had to say was, "Ehh...it kinda sucked."

TidaRalique
06-05-2003, 10:45 PM
The piercings are because Volt was shot... a lot.

I remember first renting the bouncer and playing the game over and over again. Now I can only play the game after a six month long period where I don't play it.

Mr. Graves
06-06-2003, 09:50 PM
I think Square was trying to remake Streets Of Rage with this game. I like it, I had a good story. In fact, I'm thinking of playing it again. It was loads better than Kingdom Hearts, and was actually challenging. I'd play this game any day before I'd touch Kingdom Hearts again. I still shudder when I think of the day I rented that.

Sephex
06-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Shadow 2084
HA!!The bouncer id no where near better than Kingdom hearts!

Well...exuuuuuuse me! Sorry that I don't appriciate unessasary drama with an extremely cliche' story line with a worlds ****iest camera...

At least the Boucer was sticking to what it was aiming to be (A brawler game). Kingdom Hearts couldn't decide if it wanted to be a FF RPG game or a Disney infested bootleg Secret of Mana.

Sorry that I don't fall for horrible games with yet another generic j-pop song for an opening. I felt that every time I played the game, it was trying to insult my intelligence.

What kills me is that the gameplay itself for this game was mediocre at best. Once again, that camera was made by Satan himself and he is eating your souls right now.

Jalbrean
06-07-2003, 06:00 AM
Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months. Do everyone a favor and find something else to complain about. Your rant is trite and quite stale now.

Sephex
06-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months. Do everyone a favor and find something else to complain about. Your rant is trite and quite stale now.

Hit a nerve did I? Well...Um...I been only ranting about Kingdom Hearts for only a week MAYBE. I made ONE other comment about it in General Gaming and to be fair I did talk about how I traded it in for somehting but I didn't really say anything neggative.

I suggest you get your facts straight before accusing me of something.

I don't like Kingdom Hearts. So what? Why do you obviously care so much? Not everyone in the world is going to like something.

EDIT: That rant up there was over done purposley by the way. I was half kidding throughout the entire thing.

edczxcvbnm
06-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months.

I didn't know :(

I hate FFVI and I have been expressing my hate for years! Back off the fool and let him rag on this sub par game. Just because you like crappy action platformers doesn't mean we have to.

Sephex
06-07-2003, 06:49 AM
Oh. And on top of that, if you are sick of people saying the same things over and over you are on the WRONG message board. I lost count how many "post your voice/pic/desktop" threads there have been. Or "what are you listening to" or "religion/abortion/ death penalty" threads.

YOU get over it. Don't attack me because I am part of the minority. Big deal, I don't like a game. And once again I would like to mention that I don't appriciate you exaggerating the truth. "months and months"? Do you think I am stupid? Did you think that I wouldn't catch that?

Thank you for reminding me why I find it hard to post here now. I try to express something. I make it inan OBVIOUS joking manner, and someone has to jam a stick up thier ass. Get off your high horse and quit pretending to be better than everyone else.

I just felt like I needed to add that. Oh, and before you try to retort foolishly by saying "I hit a nevrve on you" or whatever this has been on my mind for quite sometime now. I just needed an appropriate opening to let it out. Thanks.

Rinna Lee
06-07-2003, 07:24 AM
Heh heh...um...so like can u guys answer my Bouncer questions now? I mean...if ya want...but...I agree with edczxcvbnm...I dont mind if Sephex doesnt like Kingdom Hearts. ;)

edczxcvbnm
06-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Sorry Sugar ;)

The Bouncer

1. In the beginning of the game when Volt says, "Sure is weird weather for spring," when it was snowing, why was even it snowing?

[b]Spring can be in March and if you live where I live then it can still snow in march and some of April. The setting looked like they lived in Russia for some reason.

Yes

Not too much

Nah. After listening to all those whinners in FFVIII and X she seemed really normal.

5. Why does Volt have horns on his head? Is he a different species, or did he just super-glue them on his head?

If I remember correctly...he got shot in the head and to conceal the bullet holes he put horns there...or something like that. I didn't make this up like everyone else. I seriously think this is what really happened. I forgot where I read it though. Maybe one of those wordy dialog things between loads.

It is the 3rd best Brawler this generation...which doesn't say much. It was alright. I still have yet to buy it and I think I might soon.

TidaRalique
06-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Jeez, KH's controls were so uncomfortable. >_<
I liked it more than the Bouncer though.

At least the Boucer was sticking to what it was aiming to be (A brawler game)

I dunno. The Bouncer would've been a hell of a lot funner if they gave me six more battles (or a huge brawl before the final boss) and cut out some of the cutscenes.

But, if you think about it, Survival in the Bouncer seems to be the heart of the game, now only if they gave me some health ups, I'd still be playing right now...

All the other questions have been answered so...

What do I think of the Bouncer? Good, but not great. A lot better than... State of Emergency... who had characters that were no different from the last.

edczxcvbnm
06-09-2003, 11:53 PM
State of Emergency was much better than the bouncer. You waste fools left and right in that game. Characters were not all that different from each other. Some were SLIGHTLY faster than others but not enough. Hopefully State of Emergency 2 will fix that problem as well as a few others(Yes they are making it).

GhandiOwnsYou
06-17-2003, 04:11 AM
I ahven't played FH yet, i'm pretty broke, jsut got my PS2, and my asshole neighbors won't let me borrow his/her/his again copy. they say i'll scrathc it. this after i let the assholes brrow FFVIII and tehy all but M-80'ed the third disc. "but L.T., you didn't give us a case..." *points to floor, where case with the word FFVIII D-3 is, but now carries Spyro-YOD*

but off my evil enighbors. The bouncer was a cool game
short, but cool. Multiplayer lacks a bit, suffer from bad camera. and that whole area where you ahve to run from the dam lcoks? WTF was with teh camera their....

But over all it's a cool game if you don't look at it all tehcnical like and shiznat like taht.

Crazy the Clown
12-14-2004, 08:31 PM

AND FINALLY........

1-It's snowed in April where I lived, once. About 6 inches. And yeah, that was kinda weird.
2-That is weird, isn't it?
3-Maybe a few years older.
4-She has her moments.
5-Piercings. They're all the rage, nowadays.
6-It was DOPE!!!

Ryth
12-15-2004, 12:02 AM

AND FINALLY........

;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :tongue:

1. Who the Hell knows.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Hell Yes

5. No idea

6. I liked it was too short though I beat it in a rental easy. Fun but short.

Leeza
12-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Please do not revive threads that are this old.