PDA

View Full Version : 8bit party stinks

Outcast
06-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Well I didn't know what party to make. Decided on the 8bit comic party:
Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, and Red Mage.

A very bad party.
Fighter rocks.
Black mage isn't anywhere near as useful as he once was. He spent most of the time, using items with heal, fire2, lightning2, ice2, and Dia2 on mobs rather than his own spells.
Thief isn't useful until he 'advances' and even then he isn't good at anything.
Red Mage is semi useful. Good for life1 and Warp2. Moderate damage.

Just finished the game. If I had to do it over:
2 fighters, 1 black belt (I loved them in original), 1 white mage.

NOTE: I hate what they did to Tiamat. He was vulnerable to Bane (Poison) before. So thats what I used on him this time. Didn't work. Turns out he is now vulnerable to Stone, which is the Break spell. The 2nd time you fight him, I kept using Break on him. Didn't work. Checked his stats after I beat him. He has no vulnerabilties the 2nd time you fight him.

DJZen
06-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah, god forbid we should actually have to fight a boss... :rolleyes2

Trust me, the ninja is good, you just need to get him a good weapon.

Flying Mullet
06-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Outcast
NOTE: I hate what they did to Tiamat. He was vulnerable to Bane (Poison) before. So thats what I used on him this time. Didn't work. Turns out he is now vulnerable to Stone, which is the Break spell. The 2nd time you fight him, I kept using Break on him. Didn't work. Checked his stats after I beat him. He has no vulnerabilties the 2nd time you fight him.
Yeah, I never used the "cheat" on Tiamat. What's the point of playing the game if there's no challenge. That' slike using the Vanish/X-Zone trick in FFVI.

BobDarkavenger
06-02-2003, 08:41 PM
I always end up killing Tiamat before Bane works.

Outcast
06-02-2003, 08:49 PM
wasn't a cheat. the info on the boss that came on those old maps, said he was vulnerable to it.

My guys were level 35. My thief was basically using items with magical damage on them. He was very useless. Maybe at level 50 he would be effective. But why wait till level 50 when I can beat it now?

BobDarkavenger
06-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Why are you running around with a level 35 thief?

Outcast
06-03-2003, 12:25 AM
ah because everyone else on my party was the same level?
Normally I wouldn't have picked a thief to begin with, but I wanted to try the 8bit party

BobDarkavenger
06-03-2003, 03:02 AM
No, I mean why haven't you done the class change yet.

Outcast
06-03-2003, 03:41 AM
oh that. Ya they are all upgraded. I just read 8bit too much. named my characters as such:
Fightr
Thief
R.Mage
B.Mage

I didn't even pay attention to their 'advanced' names.