PDA

View Full Version : Please refresh my memory!!!

EveningCross
06-03-2003, 03:28 AM
Ok, somebody help me one more time. WHAT is the purpose of poaching again? I mean I poach and I poach and I poach and all I get are these funny looking eggs... *waits for laughter... hears none... hangs head in shame and continues* Anyway, on a serious note I have secret hunt on two of my characters and after I've poached a few animals I go to the fur shop and all the guy has is the same stupid items that the other shop has. I tried to sell some things to see if it would give the option to sell the dead carcasses that I've found on the battle field. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!

Blackmage
06-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Nothing. You just happened to poach the right monsters that yield those particular results. There are certain enemies one should poach to get awesome equipment, but I never remember what they are.

Flying Mullet
06-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Yes, Kuja's right. And too elaborate, each monster has two items that can be earned from poaching them, one common and one rare. I don't know if there are tricks to helping you poach the rarer item(like lowering your brave for items found with Move-Find Item) but each time you poach a monster, an item is placed for sale on the fur trader's shelf. So if you poach ten of the same enemy, chances are that you'll get ten of the common item(potion for instance) rather than the rare.

Does anyone know if there is a way to better your chances of gaining the rare items when poaching(like lowering your brave)?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Personally.....And THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED AT ALL.....

I believe this increases the chances of a rare item

Step #1 ~ Poach untill you get the rare item you want.

Step #2 ~ Do NOT BUY it from the Fur Shop

Step #3 ~ Go out and Poach and Poach and Poach

Step #4 ~ When you go back to the Shop (It seems to me that) More than the Normal amount will have become the rare.

I believe that not buying the rare items increases the chances of Getting that Item.

Ferril Shadow
06-05-2003, 09:08 AM
You wan't to poach dragons (red especially) and all the three headed dragons, my suggestion is to tame a Timat and a red dragon (this is easy if you know where to look) and let the reproduce. I picked thes two because they are rarer and usually produce more of ther rarer dragons to poach, also invite an uribo or a porky so the can reprodue a wildbow. This link will give you alot more in site : Poaching for Fun (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_poaching.txt) enjoy the hunt :chop::fd: :choc: :rabite: :shoot:

Gregory
08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Poach certain guys like the Sacred and the Red Chocobo to get kick ass items like Holy Spear, and so forth, but there is a percantage that you will obtain that item.

Shyguy
08-13-2003, 07:53 AM
easy way to get what you want is poach the monster go the the city with a fury shop then save it (dont hit the fur shop until you saved it) once u saved it go in and see what you get. if you wont want what you see just reset.