PDA

View Full Version : Is Cid the funniest FF character ever or what?

Zenshen
06-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Some quotes to highlight the genius of Cid's frankness:

*When the team first hijack the Tiny Bronco*
Cid: "SHIT! The engine's been hit."
Cloud: "Emergency landing..."
Cid: "Hold onto your drawers ladies and don't piss in them!"

*Soon after Tifa stays in Mideel to stay with Cloud*
Cid: "Zzzzzz....hmph......zzzzz......"
Cid: "Huh? What? What happened?"
Barrett: "You've been chosen to be our new leader."
Cid: "Pain in the ass. Forget it."

*After Cloud explains at the Gold Saucer Hotel what is happening with the Black Materia and Sephiroth, a serious discussion!*
Vincent: "We should head back to our rooms now Cid...Cid?"
Cid: "Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........."

:D

:lol:

Psychotic
06-03-2003, 06:30 PM
I can't believe you missed:

"Sit down and drink your goddamn TEA!"

Cid is a comic genius :D

zacks_clone
06-03-2003, 08:43 PM
YEAH!CANT MISS THE TEA!!!!!!

Or the whole ending scen with cid.at the end of the game.:Dthat was cool too

Max
06-04-2003, 04:36 AM
Cloud:alright everyone lets Mosey. Cid:Damn again!can't you say somthin like move out?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Silent Warrior
06-09-2003, 01:43 PM
:confused: I didn't find any FF-character funny... The closest to it, as far as I can remember, is that scene outside Djoze when Yuna's overslept. You know, Auron's little contribution. It seems Square doesn't share my sense of humour.
Or maybe Macarena temple... I could swear there's something I failed to bring up here...

Liquid Glass
06-09-2003, 08:36 PM
"Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn tea!"

Palmer was funny at one time..

"With lots of honey..oh OH..and LARD!"

Cloud: Lets mosey! I loved that one!

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Nothing funny.Now FF8 and FF6 there was funny!!!

Blue Headed Man
06-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Cid is the funniest, and also Barret.
My fave is the tea and the tiyn bronco.

Rostum
06-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Haha, Cid is by far my most favourite character in FFVII, his antics are hilarious!

That one's just a classic!

Silent Warrior
06-19-2003, 06:51 PM
It just smells like standard stereotype 'Look at me, I'm badass, dammit!' to me...

Blathnaid
06-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Yeah. Cid from FF7 was definatly one of the most comical characters in any FF I've played. He provided comic relief from the otherwise deep and tragic storyline. I find humor to a great and necassery aspect of this game, and Cid is one to deliver.

My favorite part would have to be the ending FMV. They have defeated Sephiroth, and the crater was starting to cave in. They thought they were goners. Cid looks up, he says some words, and his cigarette drops out of his mouth as his beautiful ship comes barreling down into the crater. His expression when he saw it was priceless. And that was one of my favorite Cid parts.

*phew!* Once again, my fingers hurt from all this typing. I'm out.

Vermachtnis
06-21-2003, 03:23 AM
If ya ever took him to the "Temple of the Ancients" you'll hear the funniest thing ever.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! What the hell is with this place"

Man that just cracked me up and of course the famous tea quote

Rude
06-23-2003, 07:02 PM
The only problem with Cid is that he was rarely funny without using vulgar and outlandish language.... which takes some points away from his funny score.

Still a fun character though.

DocFrance
06-25-2003, 04:02 AM
I was rather disapointed in Cid's "screen-time." He really only had three major parts, and that was about it. It was pretty cool that he led the party for a significant portion of the game, but so did Tifa. I wanted more Cid goodness.

bebi vegeta
06-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
It just smells like standard stereotype 'Look at me, I'm badass, dammit!' to me...
he is a Bad @$$, he is vulgar, that is his whole personality, it wouldnt be Cid if it wasnt

p.s. i dont know why, but i thought the funniest cut scene was the ff6's including the one where sabin and cyan meet gau, and the one right before they fight kefka for the last time, (you sonund like pages out of a self-help manual, that is classic.)

Kite_56
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
yeah this is funny lol :D

OneWingedAngel
07-15-2003, 08:05 PM
I love Cid! He is hella funny and very cool.

I dont think he is a stereotype " Badass". Although he uses lots of bad language and is pretty rough at times, he is a good person and cares a lot about others and eventually about the planet, as we saw when he gave the whole " Planet is like a child" Speech after collecting the huge materia from the rocket.

So he is a lot more complex that just a guy who swears and is funny. My second favorite character in FF7, next to Seph of course =P.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-17-2003, 02:18 AM
[return to Shinra No. 26 or something rocket]

Cid: [stuck under debris] Shera, you were right...i guess this is the end of me...
Shera: [comes in] dont say that.
Cid: Shera! what the #^&$@ are you doing here?!?!
Shera: [smiles sheepishly {i think}] i decided to tag along a little.
Cid: [glares at her] you stupid #%^%##%!.............................................sorry.

Evelia
07-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Cid is funny, but... sometimes his swearing is a little excessive. I think the translators were just extremely happy that they were finally allowed to use curse words and mention alcohol in the games, and they kinda overdid it. ;) Cid's cool anyway, though.

Inuyasha23
07-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah Cid's the Sh*t. But i really dont use him that much.:( Maybe i Should restart

Cz
07-20-2003, 03:17 PM
If Cid never said a word, he'd still be the funniest character simply because of the way he runs.

He's not the funniest in any FF ever, but in FFVII? No contest.

§hĺd0w
07-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Zenshen
Some quotes to highlight the genius of Cid's frankness:

*Soon after Tifa stays in Mideel to stay with Cloud*
Cid: "Zzzzzz....hmph......zzzzz......"
Cid: "Huh? What? What happened?"
Barrett: "You've been chosen to be our new leader."
Cid: "Pain in the ass. Forget it."

*After Cloud explains at the Gold Saucer Hotel what is happening with the Black Materia and Sephiroth, a serious discussion!*
Vincent: "We should head back to our rooms now Cid...Cid?"
Cid: "Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........."

:lol:

the tail had been hit, not the engine. if the engine was hit they wouldnt have lived

remi07
07-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
If Cid never said a word, he'd still be the funniest character simply because of the way he runs.

lol, I agree! I thought I was the only person who thought it was funny when he ran!:D

Jarvio
02-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Cid id definately tthe funniest FF character, follwed by Zell and Barret. :)

Mo-Nercy
02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I thought it was funny that his cigarette remained constantly lit.

Cid_Rocks
05-15-2004, 12:53 AM
I agree with Jarvio but i think Zell is the coolest and most hilarious character. Between his bad mouth and Cid's, Cid kills him butwith actions Zell is the funnier character from all ff games.

Cloudane
05-15-2004, 02:06 AM
You have a good point with Cid... it cracked me up enough when I used his limit breaks (I hadn't previously used him much) and he lights a stick of dynamite with his cigarette :D

What was that incredibly *bad* joke one of the Shinra 26 residents tells? Cid punches him in the face and knocks him out or something like that!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2004, 02:09 AM
Why do you do this to me?