PDA

View Full Version : ....Look at this....

Alone-I-Brake
06-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey guys!
Look at this.
My friend Hideo (he is japanese) send me this today. He said: "This is artwork from the new FF. It was leaked by some guy who work on the Squaresoft HQ. Donīt show this to anyone."

Cool!:cool:

http://aloneibreak.no.sapo.pt/FFXII.jpg

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2003, 07:00 PM
If that is a pic of FFXII then all that can be said is, the hair styles get crazier and crazier it seems.

edczxcvbnm
06-04-2003, 07:14 PM
That guy looks bad ass...I don't care if it is real or isn't because that guy is just sweet looking. I now hope it is true instead of getting another Squall or Tidus. :skull::skull::skull::skull: those 2 whiners. We need another bad ass like cloud.

Flying Mullet
06-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Alone-I-Brake
Hey guys!
Look at this.
My friend Hideo (he is japanese) send me this today. He said: "This is artwork from the new FF. It was leaked by some guy who work on the Squaresoft HQ. Donīt show this to anyone."
It's a good thing that your friend can trust you not to show this to anyone. It's pretty sweet looking but I'm going to put my money on "Not authentic".

Pure Strife
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
That guy looks bad ass...I don't care if it is real or isn't because that guy is just sweet looking. I now hope it is true instead of getting another Squall or Tidus. :skull::skull::skull::skull: those 2 whiners. We need another bad ass like cloud.

I agree with that entire post.

m4tt
06-04-2003, 09:34 PM
It looks pretty cool, but it probably is fake.

SuperPac
06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Who cares if it is fake! The rocks!

Lexy
06-05-2003, 07:44 AM
lol I agree, why'd u go against your friend's wishes?? The repercussions will be HARSH. ;)

Yucky, I don't even like that design. but, I believe it is pry real, since Japan is roughly 4 and a half years ahead of us in the ff info department.

SuperPac
06-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Yeah. The one thing that makes me think it isn't real is that it isn't on par with their normal art. But if they haven't different artists, since the same one can't do EVERYTHING... then perhaps it is. If it is, then yippee! I can't wait!

Strider
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
The FFXII logo looks kinda pasted on somehow. It seems that way because the white background around it is slightly offwhite from the rest of the picture. If you examine the attachment carefully, you can see a fine line across the top that makes it look pasted. I've had the same problem, so I know what it's like.

And is there a reason for the small blue dots around the picture?

Mo-Nercy
06-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Ah, I see it. I'll say fake but it is pretty kewl looking. Damn hairstyles!

Spatvark
06-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Have to say, if that were real, that guy could NEVER be the good guy; he'd HAVE to be evil. He's just TOO cool looking

Big D
06-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I really hope that's an early concept drawing, or else fake. That hairstyle is ridiculous... how many full-time warriors would spend four hours every morning gelling their hair like that?
That armour is also silly. Lots of holes, lots of pointy bits, very little use.
Not to mention the sword... I mean, seriously - what's with the four little harp strings? So he can play a happy melody during battle?

That design is somewhere between ostentatious, 'trying to be bad' and just plain impractical.

Don't get me wrong, it's an original and creative design, there's obviously a lot of planning and talent there... but that guy'd be very hard to believe as a main FF character. Or villain, for that matter.

Enigma
06-05-2003, 01:54 PM
I hope that it's real and only a early, early, early sketch. Isn't the person in charge of the characters the designer from Vagrant Story? Maybe that would be a reason for it to look a little different.

I think he would be a good villian because green skin and weird swords don't go so well with main characters if you ask me. I think once you put it in PS2 graphics and give him a bad ass motive and some crazy spells, he would be one of the best villians since Sephiroth.

StriderX284, I don't see how the logo looks pasted.

m4tt
06-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Enigma
StriderX284, I don't see how the logo looks pasted.

Around the Final Fantasy XII logo the color is a different type of white. So it was most likely pasted onto the picture. It probably covers the signature of the person who actually drew the guy. :p

Lexy
06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
The more I see it the more fake it seems. Also, I agree that the design is horrible. I hate crap like that. Pointlessly complicated, and ugly.

Blackmage
06-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Shoot, I can tell that FFXII logo is pasted without zooming in on it or anything. Which means definitely fake.