PDA

View Full Version : OOOH!!!! NEW THING WITH GUY IN CAVE!!!

DelightfulSpekkio442
06-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Well, that's what I screamed when I first came across this. We all have to remember it's possible that we haven't discovered everything in FFVII yet, and here's a possible indication.
I'm on Disc 3, running around trying to defeat the Weapons. I got a bit mixed up and ended up in the cave with the sleeping guy who gives you Mythril. I talked to him a few times, figuring I may as well get the Great Gospel manual just for the sake of being able to say I got all the Level 4 Limit manuals. When I talked to him he said "You've only run away 27 times...Zzzzz...." I then thought to myself, I wonder if he gives you something if the last two digits of the number of times you've run away are the same?
So I went out and ran away 6 more times, but he didn't give me anything. Yet when I'd fought enough times he gave me the Mythril! It seems to be random whether he tells you how many times you've fought or how many times you've run away.
Any one know what's up with this?

~MJE~

Zifnab
06-04-2003, 08:12 PM
He just randomly talks about your fleeing rate or your battle success. I found it annoying when I was trying to get Mythril from him and evertime I returned to the cave he talked about how many times I have ran away.

Alicia
06-05-2003, 12:04 AM
I remember doing that(a very long time ago..), Something about the last digits of the times you've battled, and escaped from a battle, and he gives you a certain amount of items.. Of course I had the guide book.. I had no idea of that option before. I'm pretty sure the guide book covers all.. er, most of the stuff you can do in Final Fantasy 7.

TheAbominatrix
06-05-2003, 01:43 AM
When the last two digits of your hp (current or max, I forget which) match the amount of times you've run away, he gives you something. Mythril, I assume.

Max
06-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Other than mythril i think all he does is tell u battle things.