PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Sidewinder Pad vs Win2K

Spatvark
06-04-2003, 08:07 PM
OK, otday I took apart my Sidewinder pad, gave it a bit of a clean, and put it back together to fix a small problem I've been having with it for months. Now I suddenly remember the other reason I haven't used it in ages...

After a couple of minutes extensive usage of the pad, it tries to reinstall it, thus either hanging whatever I'm palying with it or screwing up the pads readings. Now, I know this is because in Win2K it auto-installs the pad (I can't use the CD I got with it to install it coz' Win2K says it already has the drivers).

Anyone know how I can fix this? It's really getting on my tits...

crono_logical
06-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Download driver updates from the MS website? :p Or you can also forcefully use the drivers from the CD if you go through Device manager and change them there, I had to do that to my network card in Win2K.

Flying Mullet
06-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Will this be a reoccuring problem? If not you can run the program and then let the program hang while it reinstalls the software, then re-calibrate the controller. Then if this is the only time that it happens you're set. But if it keeps trying to reinstall it you've got problems.

Spatvark
06-04-2003, 10:29 PM
it does it again and again and again... it's like the freaking Energizer Bunny crossed with ol' Mephistopheles I tell ya!

And I can't force the drivers since Windows has an auto-detect feature for the pad, meaning it will still do that.

crono_logical
06-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Windows has autodetect on my gamepad, but I've forced custom drivers onto it so I can use all 8 buttons :p