PDA

View Full Version : FF2

TheLastDragoon
06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
What the hell, I just bought Origins, and was blown away by what I thought to be the best game, FF1, AGAIN. It's better than ever, and I fell in love all over again. But, never having played 2, or even heard of it, I decided to give it a go. I was instantly displeased. Both by the load times, the skill system, and the one greatest flaw, the Gold gathering system. WTF. I played for an hour, and bought two helmets and a cure spell. I also bumped into !4! enemies. 4!? Is that it? I have gotten to a different continent and found 4 monsters. This isn't right. I should be able to play for a solid hour and walk away with a good set of equitment and spells from the money I accumulate. Is there something I am doing wrong? I love the FF series, and don't want to pre-judge or pass by what could be a great game and story. But as things look, I am loosing interest fast. Whats the deal with gold? Am I doing something wrong? When a fire spell costs 400, and I kill a monster and walk away with 6 gold, I feel it either has to be something I did wrong, or the game sucks. But I am not gonna sit and collect 6+6+6+6+6+6.......until I get to 400. Then do it all over again for the other spells. x3, for the other members in my party, thats about, hmmm, 1200x3600 gp. Divide that by 6, and I get, 310. Are you telling me I have to kill 310 monsters, just to get spells alone, not to mention new equitment? Whats the deal?

Garland
06-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Money gained from monsters is completely random I think, albeit random and always low. The real way to make money is to fight enemies that drop items, and sell those. Or sell dungeon goods. When you start the game, you can really only fight goblins, and hornets. If you go to the woods northwest of Altea, or whatever the second town you see is called, there're a bunch of enemies that drop sellable items. Make your money that way, and you'll do fine. That's what I did.

BobDarkavenger
06-07-2003, 01:09 AM
I love this game. Just give it a chance and don't start cheating because that completely ruins the game.

twobitmage
06-07-2003, 08:27 AM
once you make it to the ice cavern the gold will start rolling, rolling, rolling down the river

SuperPac
06-10-2003, 06:16 PM
That it will.

And ya know... after playing a bit of it, I have to say this is my favorite FF game. I just love it!

DJZen
06-23-2003, 08:30 PM
4 enemies in 1 hour? That doesn't sound right at all..... I can barely go 8 steps without getting into an altercation. You weren't in town the whole time were you? Seriously though, gil, in this game, like in any other, is scarce at first but then later in the game becomes no object. I'm at the end of the game and I can buy an elixer every 3 fights at most. It's true, you have to sell items. It's just a necesity of the game since your inventory space is VERY limited. I reccomend that if you REALLY need more gil, wander around Poft for a while, the enemies there drop antidotes which sell for a good amount at that point in the game. It's just a different style of game. Once you get used to it it's really not bad at all.

Dragonfire
06-23-2003, 09:40 PM
everyone's right, after getting to the ice cave, money shouldn't be a problem. Now, about skills. You could do cancel trick, but some ppl consider this cheating(I'm up in the air about this, mostly because they didn't take it out for origins.) Other than that, just have ALOT of patience. For HP and MP, you could try the swap trick (do this later in the game) or have your characters use their spells on each other.

If you have decent HP (about 200 per character) go a little north of Fynn, and kill some Magicians (Wizards? Sorcerers? I forget what they're called.) They usually drop Berserk Spells, which sell for 5000 Gil a piece. They also sometimes drop a Mage Staff, ehich when used as an item, casts Bolt 5.

Furo
06-24-2003, 05:39 AM
are the wizards too hard to beat if you have only been playing for about 5 hours? i haven't really checked, i don't want to get a major ass wooping if i can help it.

and i don't think it is considered cheating if you have already used the HP trick by hitting yourself and then killing the guys that die with 6 points of damage. at least that is my opinion. it may be cheap, but not cheating.

Dragonfire
06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
the wizards, have about 100 HP. About your gametime, I dunno, different can get farther than others in 5 hours.

robfinalfantasy
07-28-2003, 04:26 PM
I noticed that if one of the enemies runs away during battle you will receive less gil.