PDA

View Full Version : Fighter VS. Link, the ULTIMATE fight...sorta.

Fredde
06-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Okay, who do ya think is gonna win, Link (from the original NES Zelda) or Fighter (from FF1)?

Zifnab
06-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Erm... in FFOrigins Link has a tombstone in Elfheim. So Fighter's won before the battle began. :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Link has that Shooting Master Sword and all those Items to help him and lets not forget......A Fairy.......

Fighter gets beat Downs......

Flying Mullet
06-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Link, but that's because when I think of the fighter I think of the fighter from 8 bit theater, and he's just a lost cause.

MagicKnight Locke
06-06-2003, 06:02 PM
"overwiev from a link vs fi battle"

Link:UUU stoopid fighter taste me Faiiryyyii of grand death
Fa(i)ery:gwaagh
Fighter:Yawns,swings masamune,makes second tombstone for link and his faery

Psychotic
06-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Fighter would win. Link is a freak for one thing. And Flying Mullet, the Fighter in 8-bit theater may be a bit... slow but damn he can wield a sword...chuck.

omnitarian
06-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Link has "teh magicks", so he would win.

BobDarkavenger
06-06-2003, 06:33 PM
are we talking end-of-the-game-Link? If so then he could shoot Fighter full of arrows before Fighter could get close enough. Even if fighter got close he could light him on fire with a candle.

Fighter
06-07-2003, 06:34 AM
Fighter would win easily of course. *Votes Fighter*

DocFrance
06-07-2003, 07:26 AM
If you're talking beginning of the game, then it's Fighter. He only takes 1 damage from alot of enemies with chain mail. Link would die if he got hit six times in the beginning. If you're talking 8BT, then it's still Fighter. He made easy work of Drizz'l, so Link shouldn't be much of a problem, especially with his two new swords, Stabby and Slashy. A better comparison would be Link and Red Mage.

Fredde
06-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Well, I was of course talkin' about end-of-the-game-Link, fully equipped with...well, all he can be equipped with. Same thing for Fighter of course.

twobitmage
06-08-2003, 04:44 AM
fighter, because link has a total of a whopping 20 hp, whislt a lvl 50 fighter has 999 hp

Strider
06-08-2003, 07:08 AM
No, man. Link has 40 if you cut the hearts in half. He'd whoop on Fighter, anyway.

BobDarkavenger
06-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Link has several long range attacks which gives him a distinct advantage.

twobitmage
06-08-2003, 11:12 AM
did you ever observe how fighter actually attacks? he NEVER actually makes physical contact with his enemy, meaning he must have some sort of psychich fighter powers, like sword lazers, which are like lazers but sword powered !1!!!111!!!

BobDarkavenger
06-08-2003, 07:16 PM
so he has a master sword exactly like Link's.

-Eclipse-
06-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Link, definetly. He's got way more gear while all the FF1 chars get is a weapon some armour and a lucky few get spells. And Fighter's not one of those lucky few. :rolleyes2

Vermachtnis
06-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Link cause he has bombs, Bow, and a big sword. But, on the downside he only has 14 HP. Plus, Link is a mime hero.

Rude
06-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Link wears tights.

Fighter wins.

Firehawk
07-26-2003, 10:41 PM
It would be way too close for me to call. I'm guessing you mean the basic fighter and not the Knight. If it was the Knight, then he would destroy Link with his repeated hits in one go.

SVENG52
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
I LIKE LINK BUT FIGHTER ALL THE WAY. FIGHTER WOULD STICK THE MASMUNE IN LINKS LITTLE SKINNY BODY. ;)

ShadyMilkman
09-12-2003, 03:40 AM
I voted Fighter.... But Master would own them both!!!!!

Rase
09-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Link would win.

did you ever observe how fighter actually attacks? he NEVER actually makes physical contact with his enemy, meaning he must have some sort of psychich fighter powers, like sword lazers, which are like lazers but sword powered !1!!!111!!!

The Fighter doesn't have a magical sword, Square was just to lazy to make him (and everyone in FF 1-6) move more than 2 feet.

As for the actual battle, here's how it'd go:
Link starts by filling the Fighter with Silver arrows and stunning him with the Boomerang. When Fighters almost there Link starts running around, with Fighter following at about the same speed, maybe a little slower since he's full of holes. Link drops bombs will he runs, effectivly killing (or fatal wounding Fighter). The End.

ShadyMilkman
09-15-2003, 02:39 AM
Nuh-uh! Fighter would block Link's arrows with his shield. Then he would advance straight up to Link like the walking tank that he is, only taking 1 HP damage per arrow. Soon, he backs Link into a corner and whips out his Excalibur. And does something like this motion.....................................................
.................................................................................................... ..............................
.................................................................................................... ...............................
.................................................................................................... .........................:chop:

Disch
09-16-2003, 12:18 AM
- With the magical sword (his best weapon), Link takes off 4 HP per attack. With the Rapier (his first weapon), Fighter takes off somewhere between 20 and 30 HP on average per attack.

- Link can land a hit a maximum of 1 time per assault. Fighter, if at a high enough level, can land upwards of 6 hits per assult.

- Link wears rings, which divide Fighter's damage by 4 at best. Fighter wears armor, which would reduce even the strongest hit by Link down to 1 HP.

- Link has a maximum of 32 HP (I think). Fighter starts with 35 and can have up to 999 HP.

- All of Link's alternate methods of attack (arrows, bombs, etc) are all weaker than his strongest sword.

My conclusion:

An end-game Link decked out with all the best gear would fall helplessly to a level 1 Fighter with equipment purchasable in Coneria. Even if Fighter misses a few rounds (likely), he still kills link in 4 or so hits (12 if Link uses his medicine wisely). Link would need to make 35 hits in order to take down fighter... and that's if Fighter decides not to use heal potions for some strange reason.

~loves to compare apples to oranges~

katana
09-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Well, fighter would kick links ass, but link would paralyze him with a boomerang, and then slash him up. Plus, Link does have the fairies. Fighter could only come back if someone was around to throw him a pheonix down.

You know, there was a flashplayer movie with Link from a Link to the past versus Cecil. You got to choose the ending. Link got Cecil to attack a chicken (big mistake) Cecil wins by summoning the banana man. If you click on ???, Sephiroth comes down and finishes em.
So that really doesnt settle anything, huh?

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2003, 10:28 AM
http://seph99files.homestead.com/files/Link-peace.jpg

Do you even need to ask? :p

Rase
09-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Disch
- With the magical sword (his best weapon), Link takes off 4 HP per attack.

Actually, no one knows how much HP Links foes have or how much HP a Heart is equivalent to. He could be just as powerful as fighter or more.

Christmas
06-20-2022, 12:21 PM
Fighter of course! Who is link? Tot he is called Zelda? :bigsmile: