PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite class?

Aeris-1985
06-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Mine would have to be a summoner.I like the creatures they summon!And have you noticed in some of the ff's the game has to deal w/ summons?And the love of the main male is a female summoner?

Weapon-G
06-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Summoners are alright but i like the lancer and thief. Lancer has the BEST costume and thief is fun to use. I used mostly thiefs because they are agile but sometimes they die fast...:(

tacticaldisadvantage
06-09-2003, 12:32 AM
I personally like the time mage. they're the best supporting characters and they have that killer jump-suit!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Dancer is one of my favs for Generic Chars.

Worth every penny and every hour of Exp and JP gaining.

Dkknight
06-10-2003, 09:22 PM
I always thought the knights and samurai's were pretty cool.

Pancaek
06-11-2003, 01:59 AM
When combined with other abilities, my favorite is the Monk. (Yay Two Swords!) If other abilities don't count, then I like the Geomancer. They have long range attacks for when the enemy's far away, but then if they close in you can hack them to death.

Ferril Shadow
06-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Only on another class is this job class any good, but I love it to death. It's like being God, You get to decied who lives and dies is a Calculator. But it has to be a woman because when she is wearing the chantage and a ribbion she becomes immortal. I have Math skill with a summoner and it is soooo cool. Call great warriors to fight for you or deal out life and death as you see fit

süperego
06-12-2003, 06:49 AM
An experienced player with the Math skill is not something to sneeze at. I play through the game in a fervor until I reach the oft-coveted Calculator class. Ah... joy.

Blackmage
06-15-2003, 01:53 AM
Monk. Both in standing alone ability-wise and in tandem with other class abilities. On their own, they are fairly self sufficient; combined with other abilities (like Math Skill and whatnot), they are nearly invincible.

Washuu
06-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Monk, because it is the easiest way to go for most of the characters. Have Ramza a Monk, you can be invincible.

The Amazing Spiderman
06-15-2003, 05:10 AM
Knight and Ninja, typically of me.

Knight covers the defensive and offensive of my squad, with high Hp and PA, plus defender and Weapon guard a total of 60& evade. His equipment is loaded with powerful weapons and armor.Knight is the basic warrior and unit on the game.

And ninjas can be very lethal if well used, long ranged, hand to hand combat, and protecting mages. his high Speed and some spell edges on monsters can do it's miracle, you know. Try throwing Axes and flails at the beginning of the game.

Matt-Ichiban
06-30-2003, 01:59 AM
I'd have to say ninja is my favorite. Use the geomancer's skill to make them stronger and equip two good weapons and hamedo. They are powerhouses. They are also fast and have pretty good ranged attacks. Start the battle and watch the ninjas tear everything up. Dancers are pretty cool, too. Nameless dance is a great way to begin a battle.

KingRyken
06-30-2003, 11:19 PM
I have always liked Black Mages. The females look awesome with their hair and eveyrthing. Black Magic obviously makes the game easier for some people (like me). :)

Edgar
07-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Calculators. Espacially female ones. No questions asked :\

hyper phreak
07-02-2003, 07:30 PM
so far my favorite would have to be the Lancer

Omega_x
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
My fav class would have to be.........the SQUIRE, but only if Ramza is a squire because he can equip all of the powerful swords and armour that a knight can plus he has SCREAM, which enhances every stat and can really give you a great advantage in battle if used a couple times.

GUTS
PUNCH SKILL
HAMEDO
TWO SWORDS
MOVE +2

Tom Morello
07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
If you're gonna use "punch skill" then shouldn't you at least equip martial arts so wave punch does more than 8 damage?

Oh, and my favourite class is Holy Knight... Agrias is sooooooo cooooool :D

*worships Agrias*

AznPhilosopher
07-15-2003, 08:25 AM
my favorite would have to be the gaurdian knight or some of you call it the "samarai" it looks so cool + its elemental sword attacks look cool also, not to mention he is a well rounded character.

Lord Xehanort
07-15-2003, 11:30 AM
I like monks because they have all those freakin offensive and curative techniques. (Earth Slash and Chakra roxors) I just don't know how to become a Calculator. They sound cool.

Omega_x
07-17-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Ansem
I like monks because they have all those freakin offensive and curative techniques. (Earth Slash and Chakra roxors) I just don't know how to become a Calculator. They sound cool.

Speaking of calculators, I turned one of my guys into a caculator, but i don't know how to use them. Every time i try to use one of his math skills in battle a window pops up that says "haven't learned any combo abilities" what does that mean? and can someone please tell me why guys speed was 8 and when I turned him into a calculator his speed dropped all the way down to 3???

Cloud's Soul
07-18-2003, 09:01 AM
I like White Knight, they have everything that a holy knight does except Holy Explosion, but I worship Wiegraf

*worships Wiegraf*

Dark_Mark
08-08-2003, 04:02 AM
geomancers all the way! they're good for attacking and nature magic is like black magic and yin yang magic without the charge time. i also like knights (especially when they have 2 excaliburs) :)

Naos
08-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Calculators are naturally slow, in order to use spells, you need to learn a few abilities as them, i suggest learning some then changing to a black mage.

Outsider
08-08-2003, 05:51 AM
I had a Samurai/Lancer that was awesome... But My Time Mage/Summoner was the best one ever

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Basic job: Monk

Special: Holy Swordsman or whatever Beowulf is (I want to say Knight Templar but I don't remember)

Outsider
08-08-2003, 06:20 AM
You're right, Beowulf was a Templar Knight...

And I like Dragoneer as special class (That's Reis class, right?)

Cid H
08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
A Knight With Two Swords,Summon*,Move+3
Dragon Spirt,Counter And Chaos Blades Is One Hell Of A Knight

Gregory
08-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Monk...Ninja... They all sound good, but indeed an all-ability mastered calculator combined with all of the Time Magic, Black Magic, White Magic and Yin Yang Magic can already easily manipulate the field. I murdered WEIGRAF, GAFFY, MELIADOUL and ALL OF THE ZODIAC PUNKS with just a squire Ramza with MATH SKILL, magic attack UP, MP Switch, and Move MP-UP. And don't get me started on Holy Swordsman.

But if you put Chantage on either Meliadoul or Agrais, you'll murder Dycedarg, Weigref, and even Vormav!
(but none are as superior as a Calculator, or a high speed class with Math Skill.)

ShadyMilkman
08-19-2003, 02:09 AM
Personally, I LIVE for Ninjas with steal as the second ability! Thats how I go about boss battles... steal their weapon. Not to mention... Ninjas are absolutely pimped out!!!!Ninja with steal, blade grab, equip sword/armor, and Move+3. Woohoo! thats just me.

Oh and one more thing.... Lancers suck BIG KAHONIES unless you have the holy lance. I fivd Lancers worthless......

Mehka Gallant
12-25-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm all about the Lancers... Not only will their jump skill come in handy when you can surround an enemy to keep him from moving, but they got decent speed, movement, and their physical attacks hurt... Alot. Their ability to equip armor is simply prime. I prefer a Lancer as so:

Weapon: Spear-class Weapon or Knight Sword (Equip Sword)
Shield: Decent Shield (If not using 2 Sword/2 Hand)
Head: Decent Helm
Armor: Decent Armor
Accessory: Battle-Boots, (Anything that ups Movement, Jump, Speed, or Status Ailments)

Skills
Primary: Jump
Secondary: Item (This is a must.)
Reaction: Hamedo
Support: Equip Sword, 2 Sword, or Gained JP Up
Movement: Ignore Height or Any Ground

I'm not too great with finding or stealing unique and powerful weaponry or armor, so I like to make characters with high HP, Defense, and decent speed who are capable of healing themselves and others with potions and such, (I personally hate magic...), and can take some damage while dishing out just as much. 4 Lancers can often do the job of 5-6 regular characters if used correctly. Knights and Ninjas are pretty good too, along with a Thief with Equip Armor...

Ramza_Beouvle
12-26-2003, 04:47 PM
ah... long time no post...
My favorite class is definately Squire! With everyting you do... er I mean almost everything you do, you get a loadmount of JP and EXP!! That's what I do with Ramza, just sit in the shadows and start Screaming and Yelling, I tell ya, its fun!
The Lancers are fun, too! I love thier spears! I had so much fun Jumping on St. Ajora on the final battle!!:D:D

escobert
02-17-2004, 02:44 AM
Lancer or what ever they were.

DocFrance
02-17-2004, 04:16 AM
Monks. They can do just about anything - heavy melee attacks, long-range attacks, and healing all in one. Give them Equip Armor for support for that added HP boost. Give them Dragon Spirit for reaction and they're unstoppable.

Aphelion
02-17-2004, 06:57 PM
I really likes Dragon Knights/Dragoon/Lancers, their weapons and armor are very beautiful, they are strong and Freya is one of these. She's my favorite character in FFIX.

Tetra
02-18-2004, 07:43 PM
*looks at signature*

Edgar
02-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Lol, care to explain why Tetra?

Tetra
02-23-2004, 12:30 AM
There's several reasons, so let's go into em all:

Transparent effect, if you have a dancer, and the unique mantle - that gives you transparent effect all the time - nothing can touch her. All the while, she's dealing constant damage, or abnormal status, or draining mp. Bing a dancer's brae up to 96, and she'll devestate on her own, then if you have more thna 1 - the power is doubled, or even tripled. I never needed more than 1 dancer... but if I was sadistic, I'd have a group full of them (I wonder if I could turn cloud into a dancer... never tried..... hmmmmmmmmmm that'd be neat :D ).

Then there's the dancer combinations, I know a lot of people - go Black mage, with Math Skill - I have a dancer with the Calc skill, and equip gun (Stone Gun). Anytime she can't calc, she dances - with her high faith & brave... it's just a devestating combination. I almost don't need any of my other units, even in some of the games hardest fights. It's rather... satisfying to have all your other units, stand back & wait - while the dancer slaughters the enemies with barely an effort.

Then again most of my units can do that..............

-

But I love my dancer anyways. Favorite dance - Nameless Dance.

Mehka Gallant
02-29-2004, 06:21 PM
I'd have to say that Lancer would be my secondary class as of present. I've found that Squire r0X0rs for Ramza... And thus, is now my favorite class. I've never been one for magic users, Items are good enough for me, and I don't have enough patience to use calc skill or any other sort of magic, just something about wasting turns charging while the rest of my party is slaughtered that I absolutley hate... Oh, and the waiting part too... :3 I like to wade, sword first, into battle, and destroy the opposition with nary a blink of an eye... Though when you get into the random encounter, high-level red chocobos, Choco Meteor whomps my behind... But if I close the distance quickly, they're all done... :3

BG-57
03-01-2004, 03:32 AM
My favorite unique class is Holy Swordsman (T.G. Cid is the coolest character in the game IMHO), combining the nifty sword techniques of Agrias, Meliadoul, and Gafgarion!

My favorite combination of generic classes is Knight/Calculator. I'm not a big fan of the knight's abilities, but it allows them to equip the best swords (Excalibur for the guys and Ragnarok for the gals). The Calculator abilities are great once the party is maxed out in levels. Then I can always miss my party by calculating against levels other than ones divisible by 3.

EternalBahamut
03-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Lancer for sure. Make the whole team lancers and get them leveled up, can attach from pretty much anywhere and spend most of the turn in the air so you do not get hit.

DocFrance
03-02-2004, 01:41 AM
The only problem with lancers is the timing involved with jumping. Nothing tells you when exactly you're going to land in respect to the other characters.

BUT!

According to the Battle Manual, a Lancer will take 50/SP ticks to land, where SP is the lancer's speed. So, for example, take a lancer with speed 6. He has two targets he can hit - one is a ninja with speed 8 and CT at 20, and the other one a calculator with speed 4 and CT at 90. The lancer will take 50/6=8.333 (9 rounded up) ticks to land. Over nine ticks, the ninja's CT will increase by 9*8 = 72, giving him a total of 92 - he will still not have moved yet. The calculator's CT, on the other hand, will increase by 9*4 = 36, and will be able to move before the lancer lands.

Tatics Master
03-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Of course a true master would have a favorite class...............no other than the Ninja!
It's BS because they have low hit points but when they get to someone they cause major damage and are great defensively with mantles!

GO NINJAS!:D

Jumpoffabuilding
04-09-2004, 12:54 AM
The Lancer is my favorite They can jump really high and somehow stay in the air for long periods of time.

Blazer
04-17-2004, 03:26 AM
I haven't played in several months, but whatever tg cid is :p and next to that probably holy knight, and then summoner, monk, archer.

bEoWuLfX
04-18-2004, 12:12 AM
forget that it's all about Ramza (squire) and scream. You could just have him scream his head off and he'll take like 5 turns before anyone else. If not then the monk cause chakra and I also like to do secret fist alot.

ShadyMilkman
05-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Monks. They can do just about anything - heavy melee attacks, long-range attacks, and healing all in one. Give them Equip Armor for support for that added HP boost. Give them Dragon Spirit for reaction and they're unstoppable.
That's great, but I always found that Samurais can do all that and more, plus, their abilities are stronger... or so it seems to me. And the aren't limited to attacking in one direction, they sttack a wide range all around them! So, when your surrounded... just use one of your katanas to wipe out all that surrounds you! They still arent Ninjas by any means though...

DocFrance
05-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Samurais are pretty good, but they have two distinct disadvantages. First, it will take a lot of time and training to access the Samurai class, whereas the Monk class is available very early in the game. Second, the Samurai skills have a significant cost attached to them - especially considering that katanas like the Masamune and the Chirijiraden are in limited supply - while Monk skills are all 100% free. All in all, I guess it just depends on your style of play.

Del Murder
05-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Depends on if you use the item dup trick.

ShadyMilkman
05-04-2004, 02:39 AM
True, but I spend hours dedicated to mindless slaugther...so, I'm jsut about maxed in most things.

bEoWuLfX
05-04-2004, 06:08 AM
I don't like the samurai and like doc saif, their skills often break the katana. Monks are still more versatile because they don't rely on using sword to do damgae or sword to uss their skills.

Lachlan
05-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Monks can atack without weapons, atack from a distance without weapons, and can heal HP and MP as well as some status alilments. Skills dont cost money for MP to use. In the begining of the game they are a easy way to save on cash. Oh, and dont forget Hamedo, atack the peron atacking you before they can atack you and then they dont even get to atack at all. Works great against knight, even if they block it with thier shield.

ChaosCalibur
05-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Favorite Class? I don't actualy stick with any class, i have mixtures, like a knight with monk abilities and 2-swords with a chaos blade and an excalibur/save the queen/ragnarok, you just run around using scream/charka/revive, saving your allies and killing everything in your path, What more do you want? :confused:

Felldoh
05-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Hmm... this is a tough one. My favorite generic class would probably be Monk, but Samurai and Geomancer come quite close. I like to use Monks because they are quite cheap to use, not having to use one-time-only equipment to be at their strongest. A simple Power Sleeve, Bracer, and Ribbon (If female) does them nicely. They do have low HP (Unless you're talking about Reis), but most foes don't survive a Monk with Two Swords long enough to even put a scratch on them. :D

My favorite special class is Holy Knight. Yeah their not as powerful as say, Orlandu or Dycedarg, but they serve nicely.

Jolts
05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
My top five are:

Archer Guts/Basic Skill (for Accumulate), Counter Magic, Concentrate, Ignore Height,
Monk Guts/Basic Skill (for Throw Stone and Dash), Counter, Two Swords, Teleport or Fly
Ninja Draw Out, Meatbone Slash, Concentrate, Move +3
Lancer Item, MP Switch, Throw Item, Move-MP Gain
Summoner Math Skill, Critical Quick, Short Charge, Move-HP Gain

DM Rivula
05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Holy Swordsman is the best.

It's too bad you get it late in the game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Holy Swordsman is the best.

That goes without saying.

I've been coming to appreciate the Samurai more and more. I've found that since this time I've been pumping Brave and Faith to good levels, my Samurai does pretty good damage with her Draw Outs, and with the A Save ability she can get pretty strong pretty fast, since she's so durable that she can take a good deal of hits. Plus she can Draw Out to heal a good amount of damage which is always helpful, plus I can get free Job Points and Experience points Drawing Out just to add Shell and Protect (I'm anal about the saying "Any turn waited is a wasted turn"). The Samurai's advantage over the monk is that the Samurai doesn't need to be on level ground to heal others, plus a wider range and (in my case at least) to a higher amount. The trade off is that they can't revive, nor can they heal MP, but I have a summoner with white magic and insanely high Faith to cover that anyways.

And as far as the Samurai's breaking swords, I haven't had that happen to me often, and since I am an item-hoarder anyways it's not that big a deal, I'm the type of person to max out all the items I need (and sometimes those I don't, just in case).

This being said though, I really like my Ramza Squire with Math Skills. Scream up then calculate the crap out of the enemies.

Jolts
05-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Now for the "special" jobs:

Holy Swordsman
Temple Knight
Dragoner (I love being able to instantly invite a Tiamat in my party :D)
Soldier (it's Cloud...'nuff said)
Ramza's Guts (Ultima got weak, but it's still a good move to have, and he has other good moves too)

Dycedarg
05-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Mine is Lune knight

GhostGoose
05-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Normal Jobs:
1. Time Mage
2. Archer
3. Ninja
4. Geomancer
5. Lancer

Special Jobs:(in order from which of them I want my commoners to have)
1. Holy Knight
2. Astrologist (That galaxy stop is really lol :p )
3. Holy Priest
4. Lune Knight
5. Engineerer

eri
06-17-2004, 06:11 PM
i like summoner because its cool

supersmashguy
06-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Temple Knight is my favourite because I like turning vampires into chickens in my spare time.

Palindrome
06-21-2004, 03:41 AM
I would have to say that Mediator is the most interesting. In the heat of battle they bore thier enemies to sleep with boring stories. And how can you prais yourself and miss? "Go me! I'm doing a great job! Who said that?" Or gaurding against yourself preaching. "Jesus loves me...NO! LIES! ALL OF IT IS LIES!"
But a good party always needs at least one dancer for entertainment in between battles (and she gives private dances.) [wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more]
Lets not forget geomancers. The female geomancers kind of look like hippies. Gotta love that.
knights just look cool, like "don't mess with me or i'll cut you. I'll cut you up so bad you gonna wish i hadn't cut you up so bad."
Archers! Damn can't live without 'em.
White mages have Holy. I love that attack.
That about covers everything.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Knights never appealed to me, their abilities aren't that great and the fact that they tend to die in alarming numbers whenever another Zodiac Brave pops out tends to make me less inclined to use them.

ForgottenAngel
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Ninja class all the way! not only do you hit once, but...TWICE! *gasp*
Absolutely amazing, I know.
The lancer class is also cool, after you get past the fact they look a lot like giant rats wearing silly red capes.

Mega Man X
06-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Believe it or not, I am very fond of the Archer, and I'll tell you why:
I use him in hand to hand combat, and he is nearly more powerful than Orlandu, with the way I have made him. (No codes) He isn't as powerful though, if only he was a Holy Swordsman...

In both hands, he is equipped with nothing.
His head has a Twist Headband, and his body has Power Sleeve. He also has a Bracer. (Thanks to Orlandu joining my party.)

His abilities are this: The mastered punch art ability (From the Monk class.) The reaction is either Counter, Blade Grasp, Or Auto Potion, (They all work well, seeing as how he has high brave.) The other one is Two Swords ability (From ninja) and the last is Move +2.

Here is why he is so great: Each punch usually does well over 200 damage, and he hits TWICE. This guy kills behemoths in a single turn. He helped a lot in the battle against Worker 7, in fact, he was the only one alive in that battle, aside from Worker 8.
And you do know, that punch art skill increases when you have more physical. All of those items increase his physical, making his Chakra and Revive powers extremely helpful.

This is one badass Mofo.
Then there's the CHARGE ability, which I use if a character just took his turn awhile ago, because it leaves me with time to attack even more than I would normally. I haven't mastered Charge, but there really isn't much need to...

I call it the Fighter class, cause I like to be creative. :D

Yuzuki130
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I love the Divine Knight! Meliadoul RULES! For generic, I'd have to say Oracle with Black Magic. Not too many people like the Oracle, and most of my friends never even touch it. Can you say FAITH?!

Mega Man X
06-23-2004, 06:09 PM
I love the Divine Knight! Meliadoul RULES! For generic, I'd have to say Oracle with Black Magic. Not too many people like the Oracle, and most of my friends never even touch it. Can you say FAITH?!

I hate fighting divine knights, they always break my stuff and then I have to kick their asses and buy new stuff. :cry:
That must explain why you like using them so much, you cruel, cruel person.. :tongue:

Yuzuki130
06-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Tough enemies make the game that much more fun! Haven't you gotten Meliadoul yet? She can break enemies stuff right back at em'! I like her so much better than Orlandu because overpowered characters take the fun outta the game :( LOL What am I talkin' about... The first day I got my Game Shark, I put her in my party at the beginning of the game. SHE MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER! **feels horrible for cheating**

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-24-2004, 02:03 AM
Only 200 damage? That's not that great. Why not just use a Monk with Two-Swords? Stronger overall, albeit with less defense.

Oh yes and you can buy bracers.

I'm not too fond of the Charge skill, so I think it'd be a waste of a skill slot personally. Having a Monk character like that, I'd probably raise his faith and give him either Summon or Math Skill. With Summon he'd be able to restore his MP with Chakra so he'd be able to keep casting them.

I think I've had Ramza doing about 350 with each sword, personally, which easily trumps 200.

And why give him only Move+2? Why not get the Bard and learn Move+3?

IronMaidenHikari
08-08-2004, 01:03 AM
I really like the Mediator!
I pick up really strong characters with that class! It was fun! :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-08-2004, 09:26 PM
I tend to prefer to not use monsters when I play, I like the versatility and customizability of normal human characters.

Though that does tend to lead to an abuse of Math Skills.

~Zodiac~
08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Dunno, always loved Archers, the way it shoots, I liked it :tongue:

BG-57
08-12-2004, 03:48 PM
I hate fighting divine knights, they always break my stuff and then I have to kick their asses and buy new stuff. :cry:
That must explain why you like using them so much, you cruel, cruel person.. :tongue:

Have you tried equipping 'Maintenance'? It prevents equipment breakage.

Meliadoul's abilities are great against human opponents, but worthless against monsters. She works best with a secondary skill like Math Skill.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
And it is for that reason that I don't like using Meliadoul.

Ferril Shadow
09-21-2004, 07:09 AM
I wish tactics was online. All these job classes and combos would be fun to test out and see who is victorious,. but in all the post defending your fav. job classes. no one can say anything to sway me from the awsome power of a well trained female calculator/summoner. I put her into balle with one other person. Who ever it is dosen't matter, they are there to train and hone their skills, under Big Mama's supervision. :chop: If it gets to tough she stops the enemy or heals her student. If I get bored, cast holy on the field (never misses) and wipe everyone out... exccept her. Here are her abilities, see what you could do against a goddess.
1: Summon
2: Math Skill
|__> all calculatable skills :rock:
3:Mp Switch :meditate:
4: Teleport Important equips: Ribbon/Chantage
:magus:

KentaRawr!
10-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Im early in the game, but my favorite is my Geomancer, Miki! At first I wanted her to be an Oracle, but then Geomancer appeared on the list..so when I finally got to Geomancer, strangely she was able to turn into any job on the list! woot! which means I can do something like.. have her be a geomancer with the steal ability. Or I could have her be a Geomancer with Monk Abilities... Or I could have her be a Geomancer with a Bow and Arrow, Black Magic, and the Geomancer spells.. I got very lucky! or I could have a Geomancer with Time Magic spells, and a bow and arrow *me like the Bows...* or I could have a Geomancer with White Magic, and can throw items! dude.. wow lol Miki is a good Geomancer.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Just to clarify you.....you can't equip bows to any job but archers. The closest are Crossbows. ;)

Above posts: Yeah, Meliadoul isn't that great. You can't use the same attack twice on a person (unless it has two swords), but maybe the unit would be dead after Shellbust Stab and an Ice Wolf bite (sp?) Props to the generic knight. =)

Msilver
10-16-2004, 08:14 AM
favorite jobs:

1. lancer. lancers rock. nothing more needs to be said. lancer can kick ass just by standing there and looking cool. add chocobo and get a chocobo knight! up for a joust, anyone? had ramza as mine, with the squire abilities. scream alot, then run around on chocobo and kick ASS.

2. dancer. nameless dance rocks. half the time it turns them into toads. in that battle with beamoths before the end, i had three toad beamoths before physical combat started.

3. monk. weeeee! to tired to really type why. they just look cool, too.

4. holy knight. because raw power is fun!

FieryxNightxSky
03-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I like each of the classes in here- geomancer/summoner, Lancer/dancer, Chemist/Ninja, Monk/oracle, B mage/W mage and archer/T mage

I like my whole party because i like all my intresting, yet weird, combos. I have one charcater as a Geomancer with summoner abilities. I like thta one greatly because I can equip a sword, use geomancy and summons and half mp, I also throw in teleport from a Time Mage. This one i worked on for a while. I have a Dancer with Dragon Spirit as a reaction ability and a spear equiped. A funky dancer with a spear and dragoon might. I then have a chemist with ninja throw abilities with a bonus of Auto Potion, Throw item and move on water. A chemist with a gun that throws wepaons..intresting yes? Then I have my Monk with Oracle abilties with defense UP,couner and move-Hp.I also have a trustly black amge and white mage combination. black magic and white magic with other abilties like regenerator, magiatatck Up and move-find. Then I just have a archer with time magic to back him up. Speeding yourself up whiel causing others not to move with charge+20!! throw in teleport, short Ct and concentraite which is fun
okay so if anythign soudns wrong with that tell me, I might have miss read my stuff.

Gbness
04-04-2005, 01:20 AM
White Knight and of course, Holy Swordsman. :p

III-Garrison-III
04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
my jumping, dual weilding, Knight is my fave :D

Wiegrahf42
04-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Is Ramza a choice? Ninjas are my second favorite. I also like a good chemist watching my back ready to heal and shoot. Calculators give me joy.

vireblaze
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Samurai, all the way!!!! The Samurai's Draw Out skills are sweet! Plus they look cool. If you have the Double Sword ability from Ninja, and Battle Skills from Knight, then that'd be great! Also, having that evasion increase ability (I forgot what it is.), then that really helps instead of Double Sword. Maybe having a Move+ ability would be useful, or you could equip Germinas Boots as an accessory.

RedCydranth
04-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Engineer/Mediator

I just like the combo.

The Redneck
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
My favorite for Ramza is Knight. Get the Two Swords ability from the Ninja, Ignore Height from the Lancer, and either Blade Grasp (Samurai) or Auto-Potion (Chemist) for defense. Set the other ability to Draw Out so you have a decent distance attack if you need it or various healing-defensive magic, or attacks against multiple enemies, then equip him with Excalibur and Save the Queen--auto-Haste, auto-Protect, and pretty near invincible, plus high HP and damage. While the Break Stuff abilities ain't so hot, they occasionally come in handy, although much less so once you've got TG Cid.

For secondary, I get a Chemist with the Calculator's Math skill (Keeping him as a calculator is no good, because the speed is so slow) and every spell I can get for him. Chemist abilities, Math skill, usually Damage-Up from the Black Wizard to help with the Math-magic, decent speed, and he can use a gun.

For a little cheese, give everyone the Angel Ring, and bust out Death on everybody. With a high-enough level chemist/calculator, you can take out 3/4 of your enemies on the first round of action. Or likewise give 'em the Jade Armlet and bust out Petrify.

TurkSlayer
04-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Holy Knight (Holy Swordsman, in Orlandu's case) or Dark Knight. I love all the abilities. I even tried to make my own Holy Knight, though it obviously had different abilities. I changed one of my knights to a White Mage (with the Equip Sword ability) and after that a Black Mage, then I just turned him back to a Knight and switched the secondary class back and forth. He wasn't as cool as Orlandu, and had no where near the same abilities, but he was a friggin powerhouse!

Vod
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Does Worker8's steel giant class count? cause if so he is by far my favorite class, the only real flaw with it is that all of his techniques hurt him

My name is...something..?
05-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Dancer, they don't use them that much anymore, so I was happy to see them make a come back.
Well that, and the fact that they kick arse.

Ultima
05-06-2005, 02:48 AM
My favorite is Cloud his skills maybe slow but they kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF Junkie
05-06-2005, 06:25 AM

Agreed with monks. I always thought it was incredibly odd that you gain access to that job so early on in the game. No other class is so balanced and capable of both offense and healing. They also have a pretty good speed rating. I am a big fan of just going out with an offensive onslaught in this game. I mean, magic can be fun, but the magic classes all suffer when it comes to regular attacks (minus the oracle, but I hardly consider them a true magical class in the first place- for me they're a second rate supporting magic class). Similarly, the most powerful attack-oriented classes (Lancer, Samurai, Ninja, Knight) all suffer if needed for any sort of healing or magical capacity. The monk is the one class that can excel at both attacking and healing.
While it's true that they lack considerably in potency when given an offensive magical secondary skill class (like black magic or summon), it's a small price to pay for the fact that they can both beat the crap out of anyone and heal themselves and the rest of your party when their other weakness is exposed: their lack of good defense due to inability to wear armor.

Wanna have a TON of fun with a monk and see just how amazing they can be? Use the generic characters (the ones who all have basic skill as their base ability set and change appearance as you change class), make them a monk with basic skill as the secondary skill set. Then use accumulate the first two to three rounds of battle while your enemies close in on you. They'll have strengthened both their attacks and healing capacity by 30 or more points per round. And if you really want to have them destroy everyone, equip the two swords ability as well. This way they get two attacks for the price of one. This'll be enough to wipe out many enemies in one turn.

One of my personal faves when I'm really looking to embarass the enemy, or use the cheating technique of beating up on my own party after getting the enemy down to one chocobo or something, is to have a monk positioned in the center of a flat piece of terrain (one where he can heal people in three or all four of the surrounding squares using Chakra. I then position the rest of my team members around the monk, make sure each of them has a different job class, but that each of them will earn the 15% JP bonus acquired for each others' class when the Earned JP Up skill is equipped. I then wait for the enemy to come to me, and mow him down with the appropriate characters, using the monk to heal any damage that his teammates have suffered. If I have Ramza in the party I'll use his Yell skill ( I think it's that one...it's been a while, admittedly), and raise the monk's speed rating early on in the battle, as his healing ability will be more of a necessity while enemy numbers are higher (and while he's weaker from not using accumulate at all yet). After about four rounds of fighting like this I've got the enemy crippled and it's time to just mess around and level up. The key in levelling easily is to make sure you have a few of those weak attacking magicians in the party. It's most beneficial to have their secondary skill set to punch art so that they don't miss with an attack and thus waste their turn but also make it impossible for the stronger characters to act without killing a teammate. I'll place a time mage at the tail end of my + that I've formed with my team, and use Earth Slash every turn on the two right in front of him. I can then just go back and forth hitting my characters with the weak attackers and healing them with the strong until I'm satisfied with the amount of JP and experience they've gained. Do this and you can master your job skill sets in about 1/2 the time. Just make sure that each character has the ability to learn the job skills of the other characters you'll battle with, plus the Earned JP Up skill equipped.

Sorry that was so long everyone, but I've never posted under this game before, and figured some of you might benefit from that little trick. I didn't catch on to that short cut in mastering jobs 'til my thrid time through the game :p

Tatics Master
05-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Samurai, all the way!!!! The Samurai's Draw Out skills are sweet! Plus they look cool. If you have the Double Sword ability from Ninja, and Battle Skills from Knight, then that'd be great! Also, having that evasion increase ability (I forgot what it is.), then that really helps instead of Double Sword. Maybe having a Move+ ability would be useful, or you could equip Germinas Boots as an accessory.
Vireblaze

You mean the abandon skill from the Ninja class. Yep...Ninjas rule all classes by far. :)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-17-2005, 09:52 PM
bah, theres at least one good move in every class, if your going by what has good moves its impossible to pick one.

Thats why i just go by what looks Cool on my Generic Characters. :greenie:

Fireblade13
05-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Any Job class who can rule with attack and magic the geomancer.

Eternal Dark Night
06-08-2005, 03:22 AM
well my favorite class would have to be squire not because its my avatar but because ive tried everything with squire there good when they have martial arts and punch art because you can always use acculumate then i use wave punch all the time plus in stead of axes i use two swords thats a perficed combo of a squire plus there cool. :cool:

Griever00
06-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Probably someone with simple yet very effective abilities like a squire or knight and give tehm like side abilities that make them super strong...(two swords etc.). lancers and knights look the coolest though. Mimes and mathematicians take too long to get and can be kinda dull to use.

Acturos
06-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Squire all the way !!

<3 my 02% chance of enemies hitting me!! <3

YasuKaida
06-26-2005, 02:29 AM
Squire all the way !!

<3 my 02% chance of enemies hitting me!! <3
mine too. yay!! :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Ramza as a Squire can be quite powerful, but I generally dislike using generic squires, as their Basic Skills aren't that impressive. Accumulate is a good skill, but I prefer not to waste a skill slot for just that. Scream, on the other hand...

YasuKaida
06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
anouther one of mine is Agrius's oringinal job.

Wiegrahf42
06-27-2005, 02:29 AM
It's a tie between calculator, Ninja, and Chemist. Ninja are the best physical damage dealers, The calculator, while slow can level the board in one turn, and Chemists are capable healers right up to the end, and once they are equipped with guns, make archers obsolete.

Khimbar2775
06-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Monk, cause they are self sufficient and can help others with Chakra and Revive.

Mikemyers64
06-28-2005, 10:33 PM
a lancer. using javalin II with the samuris two hands skill will kill almost anything. the dragon heart or something will revive you, ignore height is just awesome and lets you cross the map without having to worry about height obsticals. also the jump ability will let you basically attack anywhere on the map, and if your surounded you can jump out into the sky where people cant hit you with anything.

my second favorite would be the knight. their basic but also a killing machine. ive had ramza use blade grasp, the eshucation II (sp) shield, 99 brave and NO ONE could touch him. everything that tried to use a melee attack and even some spells would be blocked. the only way he would be hurt was by non missing spells like choco meteor and things like that.

FunkyBlackMage
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Physical: Lancer

Magical: Black Mage

Sin Magnum
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
my favorite class is knight. theyre extremely powerful if they have ninjas two hand skill and lancers jump ability.

JaytodaP
07-05-2005, 07:01 PM
A geomancer whos pimped out with

Hamedo
Two Swords
Jump
Move+3(something like that)
Equip armor

Hes fricken NASTY

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-05-2005, 07:32 PM
How did you get your Geomancer with Equip Armor and Two Swords?

RedCydranth
07-05-2005, 09:33 PM
How did you get your Geomancer with Equip Armor and Two Swords?

Easy... MAGIC!

JaytodaP
07-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Oops. I screwed up. I wasnt playing it at the time. I havent played it in 5 months or so. SORRY :(

Tama2
07-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Calculator, other than that Ramza's squire

Constantino
07-06-2005, 07:02 AM
I personally like the time mage. they're the best supporting characters and they have that killer jump-suit!

Hell yes they look like the pope! see look!
http://eyesonff.com/fft/images/TimeMage.gif
http://ministry.cua.edu/images/tribute/pope.jpg

Delacroix
07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Summoner
Black Magic
Absorb Used MP
Magic AttackUP
Move MP-UP

Priest
Time Magic
Auto Potion
Quick Charge
Move MP-UP

Ninja
Punch Art
Sunken State
Martial Arts
Move + 3

And probaly my favorite.

Ramza
Squire / With Zodiac
Steal
Hamedo
Two Swords - Excalibur / StQ
Move + 3

Raven Bladewind
07-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Is this just regular classes or all classes? My favorite regular classes would have to be knight or lancer, and also what jobs/job levels do you need to become a bard... its one of the few classes i havnt mastered with ramza

I like the oracles sprite though XD

Despotus
07-27-2005, 05:46 AM
what jobs/job levels do you need to become a bard...
Bard: 4th lvl Summoner, 4th lvl Mediator; and for Dancer: 4th lvl Geomancer, 4th lvl Lancer. In case you needed that one too... ;)

My favorite generic class combo is definitely the Summoner with Math Skills, throw in Magic Attack Up and you have a mighty master of magic!
For special characters, my vote goes to the undisputed king of status effect magic, Beowulf. His skills have a very high rate of success, they are instantaneous, and Chicken absolutely devastates Brave scores.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-27-2005, 07:01 AM
For special characters, my vote goes to the undisputed king of status effect magic, Beowulf. His skills have a very high rate of success, they are instantaneous, and Chicken absolutely devastates Brave scores.

Not to mention Petrify can be used in a pinch to take powerful characters out of battle, and Drain makes him even better than Orlandu when facing Zodiac Braves.

greymon138
10-09-2005, 01:53 PM
For me, all jobs are my favorite of course. Its because, you can't get any other jobs if you don't use all the jobs. Just make all jobs at level 8.

Quiksilver326
10-09-2005, 05:57 PM
My favorite job is SOLDIER.

Yoruhoshi
10-09-2005, 08:04 PM
What's your favorite class? Black mage. I always role-play as a black mage or an evil magic user, depending on the rpg.

greymon138
10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
My favorite job is.................................................................................................. .. Oh well, can't decide. I just like all of them. It just depends on the battle you will encounter. If you like magic to magic battle, use magicians. Hand to hand, Monks(especially Grog Hill). Sword to Sword, Sworsmen(knights, Etc.)

memento mori
11-03-2005, 01:49 AM
well, my fave class is indecidable D:

but i can tell you my favorite ramza setup :D

Ramza - Squire
Br 97 Fa 84

Excalibur
Chaos Blade
Grand Helmet
Robe of Lords
Feather Mantle (genji gauntlet can be substituted, especially when using hamedo reaction ability)

(with these equips, ramza will have inherent haste/protect/shell/regen)

Guts
Draw Out
Abandon / Hamedo (story battles mainly)
Two Swords / Magic Atk Up (for draw out)
Move +3

Venom
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
I like Ninja and Holy swordsmen.

OblivionKing
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
well, i personally like the lancers costume and besides he has ups

but the ninja can equip two swords, and is super fast and mine is strong, he used to be a knight

but i must admit my favorite is the black mage with their awesome little straw hats and robes, plus their magic is freakin' sweet:p