PDA

View Full Version : whats Your Favorite FF Game (tell why)

Dudeman
06-09-2003, 04:24 AM
: chop : what is your favorite Final Fantasy Game of all time........ Mine is Final Fantasy 7 because it kicks so much ass.

ZeZipster
06-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Please tell me you don't go to Webnet.

Pancaek
06-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Mine's FFT because of all the different parties you can use to go through it. No other FF has that much flexibility.

crono_logical
06-09-2003, 05:23 AM
My least favourite is FF2j. I have no favourite.

*dropkicks to GenFF Forum*

Brian The Pink Shark
06-11-2003, 07:58 PM
I agree with you Dudeman FF7 is the best because it just has something the other ffs don't have

m4tt
06-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Squinn
I agree with you Dudeman FF7 is the best because it just has something the other ffs don't have

And that is?

Brian The Pink Shark
06-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Gau
And that is?

Cloud!, nah it's just something about the game that is great

m4tt
06-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Squinn
Cloud!, nah it's just something about the game that is great

And that is?

Brian The Pink Shark
06-11-2003, 08:23 PM
the gameplay the emotion and just that little extra something

Lexy
06-12-2003, 06:18 AM
LOL call me an ass, but I, uh, agree that is it funny when ppl give insanely vague reasons explaining why a game was good or bad.

I like FF3 because it just had that extra zing. lol! No, I liked it for many reasons, which anyone can probably guess. But, it did rock.

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:08 PM
ff8 rocked.The only thing that was a bit uncomplete was the sotry and ulti 9/10 i would give to the story because rest of the story was 10/10.
Of course everything about ulti outside the battle is a pathetic 5/10 o_o

Sam1
06-13-2003, 09:11 AM
My favorite Final Fantasy game varies from season to season, but right now it's Final Fantasy III. The job system is just so great. It's fun to go through the game different times using different job assignments in different situations. I remember that the first time I went through I barely touched the red mage, but the second time I spent half the game with a red mage kicking ass in my party. And who can fault a game that let's you play as a scholar and beat up the bad guys with your textbooks. :) I really liked the fact that they were just about as good as the swords you could find at the point in the game you get the scholar. And who can forget the awesome power of the mighty Onion Kid. It's the first Final Fantasy that looked like Square actually cared about too. FF1 and FF2 were pretty good games, but with all the programming errors in the former and the fact that the latter seemed just thrown together, it doesn't make Square look too good. But I think the series really started to come together when they came out with FF3. I also really liked FF5 due to the it's job system and decent story. FF6 beats FF5 in the strory department and is pretty fun to play through as well. And for some reason, FF7 is also close to my heart. The story just seemed to pull me in. And despite a few drawbacks it had some decent gameplay as well. And, while I'm at it, I also really like FF1 (it's the only FF I've beaten more than 5 times). Well, that was a pretty long-winded post just to say that I like just about every Final Fantasy alot, but FF3, FF5, and FF6 or possibly 7 are the best of the best IMHO.

Lexy
06-14-2003, 06:26 AM
Sam, you are correct to praise III, imo. That game rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :choc:

MagicKnight Locke
06-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Lexy
Sam, you are correct to praise III, imo. That game rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :choc:
i double those two posts,these games do rule!!

Dudeman
06-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Its FF7 no other game so we will just stop that here

The Captain
06-23-2003, 05:17 PM
I've always been impartial to threads like these because I never know how to exactly state why FF8 is my favorite game, but after playing through it again recently, I think I have it figured out:

Despite the setting of the game, FF8 is the "most real" of the games in my opinion. The majority of the characters are well defined and understood. Each one has his or her own agenda which is sometimes sacrificed for the good of the group. As the game progresses, we begin to grow along with the cast and learn to expect what they'd say or how they'd react as if they were our friends or something along those lines.

Aside from all that, I find the music to be awe-inspiring, the story to be top-notch and a perfect pace for a love story, and the end of the game to be the most beautiful closing to any game I've ever played.

Not to take anything away from any of the other games, but for me, FF8 has that special place in my heart. Take care all.

DMKA
06-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Hands down FF7. Why? FF7 has the best storyline, the most innovative magic/summon units, Materia.....I mean materia just rocks. It had A TON of sidequest, and it was very unlinear (which is why FFX isn't my fav...too linear, and not enough sidequest), and the characters were just so alive - I've never developed a personal vendetta against a videogame charater until Sephiroth, after he so deviously killed Cloud's beloved Aeris - a person who never hurt anything or anyone and never did anyone wrong, but yet he is my hero at the sme time, cause hes just such a cool badass....THE badass off all RPGs. And, it was anything but an easy game. The battels were great, and there was a huge range of weapons, spells, summons, and a crapload of other atttacks to choose from. Ontop of all this the music was great too (Though FFX has my fav music). And I have never had a harder time defeating any bosses than I did with the emerald and ruby weapon, and I love a challenge. Plus characters weren't the same, they all had their own personality, their own Limit Breaks (and there was a good amount of limit breaks for each character). And they all had their own weapon style, AND they weren't generic! (Cloud with bigass sword, Barret with a gunarm inplace of a lost hand....how much more can you ask for?)

So, for all those reasons FF7 is my fav. I'm hoping they'll hurry up and make a better one though, but thats gonna be one hardass game to make.:D But I do love FF10, 8, and 6 as well, and I like all the others for their own reasons. FF7 just blows them all away though.

Magai
07-03-2003, 05:54 PM
My all time favorite Final Fantasy is Always going to be FFIX, Cool characters, I only have gripes with like Garnet she sucked not as needed as Eiko in battle, they have a villian who I hate but isn't Suckaroth popular, Treasure hunting side quests, Chocobo Hot and Cold just awsome. Great Story, though ZIdane could have ended up with someone else.Great Music Nice graphics for the PS1, sure it was a little short and Necron fecked the plot up with his apperance, but FFIX is one to always remember. BANG!