PDA

View Full Version : FF1 staffroll

syun_ukiya
06-09-2003, 07:26 AM
The FF1 staffroll music sounds like the one is FFVIII whay is that?

Zifnab
06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
It's in every one of the series except FFX, Tactics and (probably) Mystic Quest. If you play FFIV you can hear it when Kain and Cecil leave Barron.

twobitmage
06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
nay it IS in ff10, its in the very beginning whily tidus ison the boat. (if you are talkig about the harp playing)

the music played when cecil and kain leave the castle is the same as in ff1 when you cross the bridge after beating garland. If that's the music you're referring to, not many games have it.

Garland
06-10-2003, 04:56 AM
The Prelude is the simple theme with the harp, and has been in all the numbered FF's in some form or another. FF Tactics had a very vague homage to it I believe, during one of the three opening FMV sequences. The Prologue is the processional theme that plays on the bridge and has been in every numbered FF except 8, and 10 so far (usually as part of the ending). I don't know about 11. For that matter, I keep getting this nagging feeling that the Prologue played during 8's ending as well, but I can't recall. None-the-less, it's been in nearly as many FF's as Prelude. Prelude, Prologue, and a remixed battle motif/victory fanfare are the mainstay songs of the FF series.

m4tt
06-10-2003, 05:22 AM
FFX's version of the Prelude is all techno. You can kinda hear the similarities.

MJN SEIFER
06-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Just So you don't get confused he is talking about this!

DocFrance
06-10-2003, 11:55 PM
The "Bridge" theme was also never in FF2j. Probably because back then, it was just another song, not a tradition.

RSL
06-11-2003, 01:29 AM
That song is the Prologue. It was in most of the American released FFs.

FFVI, VII, VIII, and IX all have them incorporated into their ending themes. Listen, you'll hear them.

It's my favorite FF song, and I was disappointed that FFX didn't have it...

The Prelude and Prologue often get mixed up in people's minds. The Prelude is what some people call "The Crystal theme".

Sefie1999AD
06-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Prelude is the soft crystal harp theme, or also known as the crystal theme. The song we're talking about is not Prelude, it's the "Prologue" theme. Prologue is actually only the name used for that song in some of the first FFs, and it's not really an accurate name, because it's mostly used in ending sequences. FF5 and FF9 call it "Final Fantasy" and FF Concert 2002 calls it "Final Fantasy Theme", so I guess those names would be the most accurate.

Here's where Prologue has been used in FFs.
*SPOILERS!!!*

FF1: When you cross the bridge. In WSC and PSX versions, it also plays during the ending credits.
FF2: Doesn't play here.
FF3: In the beginning, when the crystal gives you your first jobs.
FF4: When Cecil and Kain leave Baron for the Mist Valley, just before the final battle and during the ending wedding.
FF5: During the ending, when your team goes to that forest place. (I think it was Mua, but I'm not sure)
FF6: The last part of the ending credits.
FF7: Ending credits.
FF8: Ending credits, during the SeeD party.
FF9: Last part of the ending credits, right after Melodies of Life.
FFX: Doesn't play here.
FFXI: Not playing here, either.
FFX-2: Nope. This one isn't even composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

That's for Prologue. For Prelude, I think it plays in every numbered FF excluding FFX-2. Other Squaresoft songs have songs that have parts resembling the Prelude, though. The "trailer" theme in FF Tactics sounds like Prelude, Super Mario RPG has Prelude as one of the "Culex" themes, Kingdom Hearts' March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra has pieces that sound like the Prelude, Seiken Densetsu 3's Golden Road theme (I don't know its correct name) has parts that sound like the Prelude etc.

DocFrance
06-11-2003, 08:54 PM
The Prelude is also known as "Mr. Uematsu's Arpeggio" and "The Arpeggio That Wouldn't Die." Beginning with FF2/4, the a bit more was added to the arpeggio, a bit of music with violins, flutes, trumpets, and/or bagpipes (I think that bit in FF3/6's prelude sounded like bagpipes). FF7 also incorporated the arpeggio into the song "Anxious Heart."