PDA

View Full Version : freaky things in FF games.

final boss
06-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Was there anything in FF games that freak you out? There are freaky things in the games that freak me out. In FFV, the forest boss in the N-Zone says "Surrounded by woods may you rest in peace......forever!" That line freaks me out. Another thing was in FFVIII. In Ultimecia's castle, you know when you fight the big red guy who looks like the iron giant? There's the skeleton who has a key and everytime I see it, it freaks me out because it always looks it'll come to life and scare the s**t out of me. Anything you see that's freaky?

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 09:46 PM
The entire Ultimecia's castle and its orel freaked me out.
The black omen and the Ocean Palace in CT(not really ff)
The storyline of FF3j and FF5 >_<

Mo-Nercy
06-12-2003, 12:40 PM
I thought that fighting Emerald Weapon was pretty freaky. "Oh no, Cloud can only breath underwater for...20 mins?"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2003, 12:59 PM
The only thing that's ever scared me has been navigating the depths of the ocean in the submarine in FFVII. It's barren and peaceful, just like the ocean should be, of course. The music is fairly calm, yet it's haunting when combined with the darkness of it all. There's no looking into the distance like on the surface, because beyond a certain length, everything is pitch black.

But, none of that would be too bothersome if only there weren't a silent monster lurking in all that darkness, hunting. Hunting. And, the only warning of its approach are the bubbles that it emits as it swims around, hunting. Thus, while traversing the ocean depths, one's eyeballs are constantly preoccupied with trying to spot those white bubbles off amidst the black. And, if one does not see those bubbles, one is liable to freak the hell right out.

Where is it? Where is it?! Wait. Wait, maybe it's just resting in its crater of a nest. It does that sometimes.

The crater is empty! Why is the crater empty?! Where is it?! Unless it's...

Right behind me...

EMERALD WEAPON: *bump*
KISHI: *heart attack*

Then of course you have to fight it. Fortunately, that's an absolute trifle compared to all the horror associated with just encountering the thing.

m4tt
06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The only thing that's ever scared me has been navigating the depths of the ocean in the submarine in FFVII. It's barren and peaceful, just like the ocean should be, of course. The music is fairly calm, yet it's haunting when combined with the darkness of it all. There's no looking into the distance like on the surface, because beyond a certain length, everything is pitch black.

But, none of that would be too bothersome if only there weren't a silent monster lurking in all that darkness, hunting. Hunting. And, the only warning of its approach are the bubbles that it emits as it swims around, hunting. Thus, while traversing the ocean depths, one's eyeballs are constantly preoccupied with trying to spot those white bubbles off amidst the black. And, if one does not see those bubbles, one is liable to freak the hell right out.

Where is it? Where is it?! Wait. Wait, maybe it's just resting in its crater of a nest. It does that sometimes.

Right behind me...

Then of course you have to fight it. Fortunately, that's an absolute trifle compared to all the horror associated with just encountering the thing.

That pretty much summed it up for me. x_x

final boss
06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Being in the ocean in FFVII is good to me because of the music. But looking at Emerald Weapon freaks me out. When I decided to fight him and die just for fun, I ran into him on purpose. Once I touched him, there was a loud noise and a flashing screen. That scared the s**t out of me.

Psychotic
06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
My experience is similar to 'Kishi's, to find Emerald I make my way there from the sunken plane, only this one time I couldn't find him. I surface again and went back to the plane and sunk, and Emmmy was waiting for me... GAH!

That and Tidus. And Rinoa.

Reine
06-13-2003, 04:02 AM
In the deepsea research centre, at the bottom theres that machine right? You turn it on and the ropes start turning. Then the crystals start resonating, freaky sound effects start playing, then you hear the heartbeats. Then your up against a huge-ass monster thats killing party members left and right, while special boss music is playing. That whole things freaky.

Omega Weapon is freaky as well. That cloud of dark matter in the organ room, you think what the hell is it?
You pull the bell, then switch parties, and WHOAH!!!, theres a HUGE monster sitting there.

When you go to fight Ozma, all the warnings freak you out, as in "WHOAH! Im no where near that level of battle!"

When you run into that little red thing in the desert, and it turns into Ruby Weapon, thats freaky. But Emerald weapon may be the biggest one, an all-powerful being sneaks up on you while your wandering around the calm ocean. Diamond Weapon is freaky when its coming towards you, and you think "I dont want to fight him yet! Im not strong enough!"

The mansion in Nibelheim is another example, the music is freaky, and then you get to the lab, where theres coffins and experimental things everywhere.

Liquid Glass
06-16-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi

Right behind me...

*agrees with Kishi* :D
When you get the broken chocoagraph piece then you read the back, that's a bit scary. But that is nothing compared to swimming around in the ocean in ff7, like kishi said in the best way.

Mo-Nercy
06-16-2003, 10:06 AM
I'll show you scary:

http://vds0.pinebluff.cc/~jweb/sita/screenshots/breastimplants.jpg

http://vds0.pinebluff.cc/~jweb/sita/screenshots/crap.jpg

Damn straight!

Enigma
06-17-2003, 01:11 AM
^^lol

On my first time through FFVII, the Nibelheim mansion freaked me out. It's so dim and then the music...

I also agree with Kishi. The ocean of FFVII to this day still freaks me out.

EveningCross
06-17-2003, 04:13 AM
The ocean is a great example of freaky in FFVII, but I have three more things that I find freaky about that particular game.
3. When everyone is in the Northern Crater talking and you see the large green eye blinking in the background in the ice as Weapon awakens.
2. The City of the Ancients. It just seems so strange because it's so abandoned and desolate. It's freaky to me to walk around that city especially the first time that I played it because I kept thinking that some grotesque monsters would jump out at me. Ones of whos likes I'd never seen.
1. The part early in the game when Cloud wakes up in the Shinra jail cell to find the door open, the Shinra guard dead on the floor by methods of something unhuman, and the eerie trail of blood leading down the hall, around the corner and up the stairs. Not to mention the freaky music that's playing when all of this happens. When I first played this I was infinitely curious and yet terrified to leave the cell because I didn't know if I'd be strong enough to defeat whatever had killed everybody and I didn't know where it was going to be waiting for me. Fortunately... it wasn't.

Pancaek
06-17-2003, 04:42 AM
When I first saw Crescent Lake in FF1, it all looked so desolate and empty with only two people there. It reminded me of a ghost town. I didn't know about the Circle of Sages for some reason, so for the longest time I thought it was just those two little desperate pink people all by themselves. Even with the Sages hiding off in their little corner, it still makes you wonder where all the other people went. Most other towns have at least eight people that are in plain view.

Nibelheim Mansion is a little creepy, come to think of it. So's Emerald when it's waiting for you right after you come out of that little building. (Research center? It's been a long time.) It's creepy because it's so unexpected. You're leaving the research center just expecting to get on with your game, and then whoa, there's this giant green monster staring you in the face, and there isn't much room to escape either.

Besides those bits, nothing's ever really bothered me in FF. Even those moments are peanuts compared to other games.

Sleeps Eternally
06-17-2003, 05:49 PM
The muscle dude in the bikini from FF7 that hits on Cloud. *shudders*

zacks_clone
06-17-2003, 08:06 PM
This doesnt freak me out now,but when you went into the shinra building,and cloud has barret look in on jenova...that scean of her in that cell thing made my heart skip a beat.I was breathless for alittle bit.

The shinra Mansion....DUDE!I LOVE THAT PLACE!

The ocean creepts me out.I hate the thought of having to bump into that wepon.and just...being under water...

The muscle dude in the bikini from FF7 that hits on Cloud. *shudders*

Yes,i must agree there.That is desturbing...