PDA

View Full Version : NPC Sur names

MJN SEIFER
06-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Is there surnames for Non-Playable Characters?

if so where did you find out

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't think NPCs have surnames. Well, I suppose Cloud's mother is Strife...or Yuffie's dad would be Kisaragi...and Hojo is Hojo's last name, right?

MJN SEIFER
06-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Thank but this is FF7

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I realised just then. I editted my eariler post.

Btw: Rufus' and President Shinra's surname would be Shinra. I'm good at pointing out the obvious, huh.

Rostum
06-10-2003, 12:33 PM
I guess the NPC's don't have surnames, I really can't remember any at all, and I actually sat and thought about it for a minute or two! ;)

MJN SEIFER
06-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Sorry Al Bhed³ I see you editid you're post!

Rufus' and President Shinra's surname would be Shinra. OF Course (Or "OFF Course")! i didn't think of that

What a div!

Hojo is Hojo's last name, right?

Where did you hear that?

DocFrance
06-10-2003, 11:48 PM
Hojo Hojo? WTF sort of name is that?

Big D
06-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Well, Professors Gast and Hojo never get referred to by any other name. It's likely that 'Hojo' is Hojo's surname, he just doesn't have a first name - or at least there's no one who's actually prepared to use it for fearing of looking like they're Hojo's friend.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Some fan with a GeoCities page assigned surnames to the Turks, unofficial as they are.
Reno Tarshil
Tseng Tzon
Rude Urnar
Elena Marshall
"Tzon" in particular is just a more literal transliteration of how "Tseng" is written in Japanese. Good to know.[!]All of the Turks have surnames, as incredibly obscure as they are. I can't even recall the last place I saw them mentioned, really, but they're legitimate as far as I'm concerned.
Reno Tarshil
Tseng Tzon
Rude Urnar
Elena Marshall
Good to know, really.[/!]

Mo-Nercy
06-11-2003, 07:32 AM
I'm sorta sure at some point, someone mentioned Dyne's surname...maybe...

BG-57
06-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Hojo is a real Japanese surname. There's a minor character in Inu Yasha with that name.

MJN SEIFER
06-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
I'm sorta sure at some point, someone mentioned Dyne's surname...maybe...

Dyne is Barrets Brother so "Dyne Wallace" or what ever Barret's sur name is)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Barret and Dyne aren't brothers, just old friends.

Liquid Glass
06-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Then what about Sephiroth's surname?

Sephiroth Hojo?

secretninjawarrior
06-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Well... If Hojo's last name is Hojo, and he and Lucretia (spelling?) had fun and ended up with Sephiroth, wouldn't it stand to reason that his last name would be Hojo? On the other hand Sephiroth Hojo just sounds plain dumb. And if I were related to Hojo trust me I wouldn't be running around using his last name!

I think Sephiroth is just Sephiroth without a last name.
Because he didn't know who is mother was and he certainly didn't go around calling Hojo "daddy", I don't think he knew who his parents were. So I don't think he would have had any last name at all.

Besides Sephiroth is such a weird name, why would he need one?