PDA

View Full Version : Observation about the ending (Spoiler)

Sleeps Eternally
06-09-2003, 09:44 PM
When Balamb Garden is flying off into the night, I swear, I thought I saw in the moon, Greiver's face, like on Squall's necklace. Has anyone else noticed this?

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Nah but the Balamb Garden soaring in the night is so beatutiful

Kami
06-10-2003, 12:04 AM
greiver's face is in the moon?

KiDD
06-10-2003, 01:10 AM
I must have missed it, ill beat it agian.

IamTidus
06-10-2003, 08:38 AM
It's there it's in the Largest dark part of it's kinda hard to see. It's mainly just the front part of the face with the mouth.

Rostum
06-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh I've never noticed that one... Hmm, there seems to be a couple of weird things put into the ending. The one with the big whole in Squall's face comes to mind.

Sleeps Eternally
06-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah, My friend taped the ending, and it's there all right.

Rostum
06-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Anyone have an idea of what this may symbolize?

zacks_clone
06-11-2003, 05:13 PM
greiver is watching over the world!!!!!!...i have no idea

Ifrit's Bodyguard
06-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I'd never noticed that before, cool

Sapphire
06-11-2003, 07:07 PM
I never noticed the moon either o.o I should go check it out. ^^

Sleeps Eternally
06-11-2003, 08:22 PM
I think that either...

A. They threw it it for fun.

B. They might do a sequel.

Lexy
06-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Why the heck would that point to a sequal...?

Also, why can't someone just get a screenshot of it? Perhaps it is because, like me, they are too lazy.

Axwind
06-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Here's a screenshot from said moment of the game, and nowhere can I see Griever in the moon. Anyone know where he might be? Though I seriously doubt he's there at all...

Shockwave Pulsar
06-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Wow its so obvious...
In the moment i opened the attachment i immediatly saw it, its Griever's outline in the dark part of the moon.
The upper part of his mouth it's above the garden.
The outline starts where the dark part of the moon does.

Mo-Nercy
06-13-2003, 04:33 AM
Griever's face is in the moon...why though. How fascinating...

The Captain
06-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Goes to show why FF8 is one of the best games ever made, no matter how many times you beat it something new appears or a new observation is made. Truly fascinating indeed. Take care all.

Mo-Nercy
06-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by The Captain
Goes to show why FF8 is one of the best games ever made, no matter how many times you beat it something new appears or a new observation is made. Truly fascinating indeed. Take care all.
I like this guy. lol.

Correct me if I am incorrect, but Griever is EATING Balamb Garden. Mi'god!

Fantasia
06-13-2003, 12:51 PM
forgot already~

U can show us the pic of the CG~

IamTidus
06-14-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Mojo Pin
Oh I've never noticed that one... Hmm, there seems to be a couple of weird things put into the ending. The one with the big whole in Squall's face comes to mind.
Don't mention that. It's way too creepy looking I just got that image out of my head and you put back There.

Lexy
06-14-2003, 06:24 AM
LOL well, that is neat, but I hardly think that it's just totally awesome.

TogiB
06-15-2003, 09:34 PM
whoa, ok. it isn't as creepy as the whole squall without a face thing *shivers*, but that is really weird. anyone know where to write to Squaresoft. I need to ask if there are any other hidden things in the FMV's. nice eye, though, Sleeps Eternally.

Garnet129
06-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Squall without a face? Could someone enlighten me please? *confused*

BTW, Al Bhed3, I was going to say that! I don't know if that is supposed to be Griever, but it looks like it, and you can see the mouth above and below the garden, and it's body is to the right...but anyway...

Enlightenment appreciated. ;)

Shattered Chest
06-16-2003, 10:05 PM
I can see it now.

That's so wonderful. All the details. <3<3<3<3<3<3

And yes, Squall without a face?

Lexy
06-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Squall w/o a face is when it does that quick flash of a ton of scenes of him and Rinoa dancing and stuff. In one of them his face is a hole!! I guess maybe it goes too fast to notice it.

Leigha
06-17-2003, 05:57 PM
wow... i never noticed the whole greiver in the moon thingy before, and i haven't noticed the squall's face is a hole.... wow..... now i need to see that!!! i'll make sure to lv. up my chara's LOTS so that i can watch the ending over and over again... or maybe i'll snitch momma's vid. cam. and tape it and watch it over and over.... i bet that there are loads of hidden things in ALL the FMV's for not only this game, but the others too.... i bet.... wow..... :S:whoa:

Squall and Rinoa
06-24-2003, 07:26 AM
This is an interesting tidbit. I just finished playing the game a few days ago. When you look at it, the face shows. Eerie. o.O;; Nice ending, of course, and as someone stated, it's a nice addition to it. Nice pointing that out. :)

chocoboy
06-27-2003, 12:17 AM
*tilts head, squints, tries headstands*
I can't see it...
Maybe I'll see it better if I watch the moving (which means completing it again).
I've never noticed the Squall hole/face thing. The whole ending freaked me out, especially the bit with Squall alone on a rock. Creepy.

_Muerto_Lionheart
07-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Hell yeah....it's grievers..... i saw it the first time i finished ff....jajajaa.....you should take care of the ending things guys....may that face in teh moon means that after beeing defited this monster was sent to the moon and is goona fall in the next moon tear....jajajaj....what do u think???.....well it's nice to dream....and also...did you do scan to griever when u fight it....it says.... In Squall's mind the strongest GF....
cool !!!!

gg gl hf

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 09:34 AM
D'ja ever think you might just be reading a LITTLE too much into things? Coincidences DO happen, folkses.

cat_manda
07-08-2003, 06:09 AM
can some 1 send me a pic of it caus i cant be bothered finishing the game again right now
:choc:

Valmars_soul
09-30-2004, 05:57 PM
what imaginations use ppl have and how use can read so much into something so vague

Jolts
09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
That looks kinda' like a shadow, which mean either he's really far away and in front of the sun, or he's GIGANTIC and he's about to devour the garden! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

sorry...

:lol:

Sacred Phoenix
10-01-2004, 12:54 AM
That is really cool, i never noticed it.

Future Esthar
10-01-2004, 02:24 AM
A shadow also appears when Ellone enable Squall to see the future on the scape pod.It´s the shadow of Rinoa´s necklace (which has Griever marked on it).

Squall and Rinoa
10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
what imaginations use ppl have and how use can read so much into something so vague

I have one response for you. If I understood that correctly, this is what I have to say - all video games, especially role players, are meant for enjoyment. In particular Final Fantasy games are just that - fantasy. They're meant, as I'm sure you know, to let the player's mind wander into that world, to be fully engrossed in it, whether it's feeling like you know the characters, or you're an actual person in the storyline yourself.

As I'm sure others will agree with me, a shadow of "the greatest Guardian Force ever" isn't as vague as you'd like to claim. Other in this thread have wished for a sequel, which would be nice depending on how far something goes, but as you know, it won't happen.

Most should also know something about Square at that time - they added many things from either -A) other FF titles, or B) things within the same title at the time, just to make it interesting. Although a shadow of Griever on the moon might sound ridiculous, you have to agree that Square threw that in for fun. End rambling.

SeeDRankLou
10-01-2004, 06:59 PM
D'ja ever think you might just be reading a LITTLE too much into things? Coincidences DO happen, folkses.
Coincidences happen in life. This isn't life, this is art. Someone drew/computerized that image, down to the last detail. I highly doubt that in making that shading of the moon that coincidentally it is the exact outline of Griever's face.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-08-2004, 05:31 PM
wow! Griever's face! that's cool!!!! I haven't beat Ulti, but I know the ending (that's bad, really reallly bad) hOWEVER... GRIEVER'S FACE!!!! COOL!!!!!!

Sir Bahamut
10-08-2004, 07:27 PM
This isn't life, this is art. Someone drew/computerized that image, down to the last detail. I highly doubt that in making that shading of the moon that coincidentally it is the exact outline of Griever's face.

Well, that's disputable. Was it really "art", and did whoever draw it really pay attention to every single little detail?

I don't know, I can see how you think it looks like Griever, but it's just too random for me to consider Square actually putting it in there on purpose.

Jolts
10-08-2004, 08:02 PM
It was made using digital 3-D technology. Textures were given to models, then shadows were emulated. It would take some kind of super-miracle for them not to intensionally do something like that, as they had control over what kind of shadows were there or not.

Optium
10-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Yep. Griever = eating Balamb Garden. EVERYBODY DOWN!

.opt

*edit* Also if you look closely you can see that it was done purposely
because the image isn't actually craters in the moon but rather a shadow
on the moon, this is obvious if you look at the patterns of mountains and
craters on the moon, they continue even into Griever's face as opposed to
the actual crater on the left where there's a clear distinction between
one part of the moon and another.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-09-2004, 05:13 PM
:cool: However it's Griever's face, & that's cool

Sir Bahamut
10-09-2004, 05:40 PM
*edit* Also if you look closely you can see that it was done purposely
because the image isn't actually craters in the moon but rather a shadow
on the moon, this is obvious if you look at the patterns of mountains and
craters on the moon, they continue even into Griever's face as opposed to
the actual crater on the left where there's a clear distinction between
one part of the moon and another.

Ever looked at the moon on a clear night? You see "the man on the moon", ie. what appears to be big black patterns forming what could be seen as a face if viewed correctly.

So it's impossible to tell whether or not it's purposeful. I personally just think it was a bit of a coincidence, or if anything just a bit of a joke.

Optium
10-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Ever looked at the moon on a clear night? You see "the man on the moon", ie. what appears to be big black patterns forming what could be seen as a face if viewed correctly.

So it's impossible to tell whether or not it's purposeful. I personally just think it was a bit of a coincidence, or if anything just a bit of a joke.
The man in the moon is formed by craters, mountains, and shadows.
Griever's face is just a shadow and not formed by any of the mountains on
the moon.

.opt

Sir Bahamut
10-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Google image search "Moon" and look at some pictures there. Look at the large black patterns.

If you can somehow state factually that you can tell that the large black "Griever" pattern is obviously different than the real life picture ones, then you must be an astronomer or something, in which case it was probably just a fault on Squares side.

Oh, and if you say that you can't see disctinctions between tiles, that's probably got something to do with that it's very dark and very far away =P

Optium
10-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Taking your post into consideration, I did google image search "moon" and
all the pictures that have dark patterns on the moon are caused by
craters which, because they're craters, are darker than the rest of the
moon. The crater in the picture from FFVIII (on the left side) is actually a
crater. If you look at the Griever sillhouette, you can see that the
patterns on the moon continue from the outside of his sillhouette into it,
this means that it's not caused by the landscape of the moon and this
means that it was put there purposely, not just as a coincidence in their
3D modeling program. Look at Griever's nose, you can see a lighter pattern
on the moon thatcontinues right into his nose.

.opt

Sir Bahamut
10-09-2004, 10:47 PM
I see your point, but if it were a mix of craters, you wouldn't expect them all to appear to be the same "colour" everywhere.
There would be lighter parts, and darker parts.

Hence it doesn't have to be a shadow, meaning it could be coincidental.

Doomgaze
10-09-2004, 10:56 PM
It's intentional. The angles are too sharp, it goes over craters, etc, etc.

That doesn't mean it means anything, though. Most likely just a little easter egg to see if you'd notice it.

Sir Bahamut
10-10-2004, 12:14 AM
If it WAS intentional, then I agree that it was probably just a easter egg, just an added touch for the heck of it, not some super deep symbolic picture.

Optium
10-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Ya man, not only are the corners really sharp but there is a mountain
range that goes into the snout of Griever. I'm not just talking about shades,
you can actually see the mountains and stuff. I agree though, I don't think
it means anything special, maybe just that Griever is watching over them
or something.

.opt

Doomgaze
10-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Griever tried to KILL them. I don't think he's exactly benevolent.

nik0tine
10-10-2004, 09:39 AM
I don't understand how it could be even possible to think that it wasn't intentional.

Sir Bahamut
10-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Ya man, not only are the corners really sharp but there is a mountain
range that goes into the snout of Griever. I'm not just talking about shades,
you can actually see the mountains and stuff.

You can see the same phenomenon on the crater to the left you know.

nik0tine
10-10-2004, 11:58 AM
the crater to the left looks normal to me.

Optium
10-10-2004, 02:29 PM
No you can't, and in fact you can see specifically different patterns and
mountain ranges within the crater.

.opt

Sir Bahamut
10-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Very top of the left crater you can see a part of the normal surface extending into the crater like with the nose to "Griever".

Optium
10-10-2004, 03:33 PM
I can see what you're talking about but it's definitely not the same type of
thing from what I can see...

.opt

Rinoa_Galatea
10-11-2004, 01:28 AM
Griever!

Kathryn
10-31-2004, 09:31 AM
When Balamb Garden is flying off into the night, I swear, I thought I saw in the moon, Greiver's face, like on Squall's necklace. Has anyone else noticed this?

I did I think Greiver's the Goddess of all gunbladers pet.I looked it up.:angel: :angel: :angel: :strut: :strut: :strut: :roll: :roll: :roll: :freak: :freak: :freak: :Oo: :Oo: :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: :radred: :radred: :radred: :rabite: :magus: :magus: :magus: :magus: :save: :save: :save: :mastersha :: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :magus: :magus: :magus:

Zante
11-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Griever tried to KILL them. I don't think he's exactly benevolent.

Just like Ifrit, Cerberus, Bahamut... ;) But the face sure is cool.

Irvine
11-04-2004, 03:19 AM
The designers liked going into a ton of detail into this game, with stuff like this. The only other game in which they put that much detail in is FFX.

BackRoomKid
11-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Friggin' Awesome....that's all I have to say

Luthien
11-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Great Hyne!!! I´ve never seen that before... But it certaintly is Griever!!!! :eek: Awesome!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: See why I love this game? Every time I play it something new happens... I´m never gonna get tired of this!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Dark Ekonis
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
I don't remember fighting Griever, It has been 3 yeays since I last finished the game, That could be the reason why I can't remember. I could use a quick reminder if someone would like to.

Remnant
11-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Re: Griever attacking you

Ultimeca had griever, had it attack you, and then junctioned with griever for one of her forms.

Dark Ekonis
11-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Now I remember, Thanks for the help.

Xxiawakin
12-05-2004, 05:51 AM
Here you are...

ApocalypticLeon
12-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Thats very detailed. By the by, does anyone have a picture of Squall with a hole in his face? I..er, didn't see it when I..er..finished the game...yeah.

Optium
12-06-2004, 03:51 AM
A hole in his face?

.opt

Xxiawakin
12-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Give him a kiss.
http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2891/h4jsquallhole.jpg

Actually, I find this image damn creepy.

Kathryn
12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Man..... I would freak! I just don't want to think about it :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ApocalypticLeon
12-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Holy crap! *shivers* The horror! The un-adult rated horror!!! That is very...odd. I don't like it. Nope. No-sir-y. :Oo:

:meatwad:I'm meatwad!!!!

Xxiawakin
12-07-2004, 03:40 AM
I think I broke them.

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/6365/ff8-ragnarok.jpg

ApocalypticLeon
12-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Pardon? Broke what?

DarkMaelstrom
12-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Holy crap the picture of squall is pretty friggin awesome. lol it kinda reminds me of that dude from Hellraiser that always chatters his teeth, i think his name is Chatterbox.

ninja-yuffie
12-12-2004, 09:33 AM
that pic with squall qith a hole in his face?! i never saw that on my game!!! and i even watched after the credits *cries* its really freakie i dont like it! THATS IT im going to call my bro (expert on ff) and ask him if he has ever seen such an imgae *cries again*

DarkMaelstrom
12-13-2004, 01:31 AM
K i just beat the game again, just to c that image. You see Squall w/o a face VERY briefly right at the end of the screwed up dance scene at the end of the game. It appears right before Rinoa falls intoSquall's arms and Squall passes out.

Wilder
12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49150&highlight=squall+hole+face

Here is the Squall hole for a face topic that I created some time ago and nobody seemed to be very freak out like now with it, I found it so awesome that I played the game all over again , now that the pictur is roborn, please tell me why that picture is there ! (cool griever picture , but I find it some kind kind of "the hero wins" simbolysm.)