PDA

View Full Version : Help plz. Technical problem

zarquon
06-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Okey boys and girls, I got a problem. that you might be able to help me with. (Hopefully somewhat quicker than the support at Eidos...)

A couple of years ago I got FF8 for PC, 4 discs + Install, and started playing it. Of course I got stuck, but I stopped playing at the end of disc 3, dun ask me why :)..

Now when I wanted to play it again, I took out the cd and installed it. (New comp.)
No problems with the installation, and configurating the game went jsut fine. Then I started the game, watched the dull intro, and selected "NEW GAME"...
wtf!??

"WRONG DISC, CAUTION!"

Couldn't figure out why, so I examined my cd. Of course, there were some scratches. Well, since I've played disc1 several times before, I thought I'd skip it, so I downloaded save-files for disc2, since it isn't scratched.
But when I tried to load 'em, I got the same problem. The game wouldn't accept my CDs! Also tried it with disc3 and 4 (no scratches), none of them worked.
Then I tried to crack the game, making image-files of the cds... everything! It still wouldn't work!!!!!!! :(

Yes, I kow what you're thinking, I tried patching the game. Still the same problem, even though I tried cracking the new version.
Reinstalled the game several times, still not working!
Now I realised that the problem might be I'm using win XP (u know how it is. ;)) so I put in an old HD, installed Win98 on it, and tried to install the game. Guess what? STILL NOT WORKING!!
So I mailed the Eidos support, but this was a couple of days ago, and I remember that last time I e-mailed them it took me 3 weeks to get an answer!

Please, If you know how to fix this, or have any tips, answer.
If I dun get to play FF soon, my head will explode...

(I'll post this in both the FFVIII and Help forums)

muchacho
06-10-2003, 01:37 AM
heres a tip..... buy it for playstation. if you dont have a playstation then buy one its only 30 dollars.

IamTidus
06-10-2003, 08:41 AM
That would be the best advice you can get FF8 is only $15 and a PS1 is only $50 and those are brand new prices. and plus you now enter the wonderful world of playstation! wow I sound like an ad meh.

zarquon
06-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Maybe I could do that... but getting my comp-version would be even better! :)

Rostum
06-10-2003, 01:05 PM
For some reason the playstation version of FF games aren't too good on PC's. Don't ask why, they just aren't.

Anyways, if you don't want one for the PS1, then just buy a new copy for the PC, simple fix. I'm sure it wouldn't cost much, if you can find it.

Francas
06-10-2003, 05:17 PM
zarquon write me dragon@mail.lt and maybe i'll help u

NEO
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
try another directx or openGL.

zarquon
06-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Francas, I've mailed u now.