PDA

View Full Version : right-click disabled?

syun_ukiya
06-10-2003, 06:37 AM
is there a keyboard command if you want to right click a specific file but the right click option is disabled?

Dr Unne
06-10-2003, 06:43 AM
One of the keys between the Alt and Ctrl keys to the right of the spacebar on some keyboards does the same thing as right-clicking a file. How could right-clicking a file be disabled though?

crono_logical
06-10-2003, 10:00 AM
If right click is disabled in Windows itself when you're trying to click a file, I think it's due to a policy setting or other program running on the computer in question - I'm guessing you're attempting this on a school computer, where this is commonly done to restrict the amount of things you can do :p More likely a program (possibly the shell itself) blocking it, since I don't remember any policies in Windows itself about disabling right-click (doesn't mean there isn't one :p )

In the case of a program doing it, then you need to somehow change the config it uses for your user account - I can't help any more than that since I have no idea what sort of program it is, the only one I've seen so had the chance to bypass (and succeed ^_^) was one at our school by RM.

Citizen Bleys
06-10-2003, 11:38 AM
You're talking about stealing artwork from a site that has overridden the right-click menu, right? To keep you from going "save as..."?

That's done in DHTML--When the RightClick event is fired, that site's JavaScript handler runs a function and then disables bubbling, so the event never reaches your operating system.

There are two solutions. One's to take a screenshot and crop the image you want to steal borrow, and the other's to use any browser other than Internet Explorer.

Kirkpatrick
06-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Or in IE 6 (I think) you can move the mouse over the picture and click the disk icon to save it. Also right-clicking and pressing enter to accept the error message quickly several times in succession and the menu will pop through.

syun_ukiya
06-17-2003, 04:43 AM
usually the do that to save bandwidth... all I wanted is right-click and "save target as"

Big Ogre Umaro
06-17-2003, 05:04 AM
and right clicking's disabled? <b>View -> Source</b>

Find the URL, save it in that manner.

Doomgaze
07-02-2003, 07:41 AM
I used to hold down the left mouse button over the image, hold down the right one, release the left one, release the right one. That worked with most simple scripts like that, for whatever reason.

Shoyku
07-02-2003, 04:14 PM
My method was to right click the image I wanted, and when that pop up came up, I pressed the enter key, not leaving my mouse pointer away from its spot. I repeated the process and shortly after, the menu pops up.