PDA

View Full Version : card game help

muchacho
06-10-2003, 04:07 PM
im trying to beat the CC group and edea. but i need to know whgo the PLUS rule works. it seems like im winning and it will be 1-8 and then the person will lay down a card and it will change ALL of the other cards and ill lose.im geting really mad so please help. this is my second time playing this game and i still dont know how to do it.

Maxico
06-10-2003, 05:25 PM
SPECIAL RULE #5: PLUS
'Plus' forms in the event that, when you placed your card next to
an opponent card, the sum of the adjoining number from two or more sides
are the same. You will turn over all opponent cards where the sums of
the numbers were the same. At this time, even if they are adjacent, you
cannot turn over an opponent card if the sum of the numbers is not the
same. (There are occasions when you are allowed to because your card
number is bigger.) Because it is different from 'Same' in that it is
better to look at the sum of the two sides, despite a difference in the
size of number, 'Plus' has the advantage that it is easier to form.

hope this helps. i personaly dont get it. i did it once or twice

Spatvark
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
____
|  1  |
|2 3 |
|_4_|___
|      |  2  |
|      |3 4 |
|___|_5_|

Now, you see the blank space?

____
|  1  |
|2 3 |
|_4_|___
|  1  |  2  |
|5 2 |3 4 |
|_3_|_5_|

The card that was inserted into the black space now interacts with the other two. The top number of the inserted card + teh bottom number of the top card = the right number of the inserted card + the left number of teh card on the right.

In other words:

4 + 1 = 5
3 + 2 = 5
4 + 1 = 3 + 2

Since the connecting parts add up, it then turns the two cards.

_______
|  1  |  5  |
|2 3 |A 4 |
|_4_|_1_|
|  1  |  2  |
|5 2 |3 4 |
|_3_|_5_|

Now, the same situation, but the important part to notice is the top-right card. IF you take the top-left and bottom-right cards via the plus rule (or the same rule when it comes down to it), you can then possibly combo into the top-right card. This is done by comparing the numbers on the turned card to those they touch on the top-right card. So:

3 < A, therefore it cannot be combo'd that way.
2 > 1, therefore the card can be combo'd.

If the number on the turned card is higher than that of the card it touches, it then combo's that and flips. The combo then carries on until it reaches a point where either all of the cards have been turned over or it can't turn over any more.

I hope that all makes sense =P

MagicKnight Locke
06-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by muchacho marc
im trying to beat the CC group and edea. but i need to know whgo the PLUS rule works. it seems like im winning and it will be 1-8 and then the person will lay down a card and it will change ALL of the other cards and ill lose.im geting really mad so please help. this is my second time playing this game and i still dont know how to do it.
Or ofcourse u could banish that stupid rule.

BG-57
06-11-2003, 02:43 AM
When you travel between two regions with different rules, the second region will gain the first one's for a few hands. Then one or more of the rules is randomly dropped. Reset if the bad rule is kept. I used this technique to eliminate the random rule from almost every region. As annoying as plus is I can cope with anything except random.

If you do the queen of cards subquest, reset every time she goes someplace other than Balamb or Dollet. It minimizes the headaches of changing rules.

Also try to avoid the combination of direct and open with players holding rare cards. They tend to play their rare card last to avoid losing it.

muchacho
06-12-2003, 04:24 AM
ok now the CC king wont show up and ive done every thing that im suppose to have done. please help

BG-57
06-12-2003, 04:35 AM
This happened to me once. I made the mistake of trying to do this subquest as soon as it became available. Unfortunately, the plot advancement occured on the bridge, where you need to talk to Nida to trigger the conversation that leads to the CC King. So I had to glumly set the plot in motion, wander off into Esthar, space, and back again. When I got back Nida stubbornly refused to clue me in, so I kept on hacking up and advancing the plot. Eventually she gave me the clue I needed.

It's better to do this subquest after Esthar instead of before. Also try playing against the other CC members a lot. It may be a prerequisite to be able to challenge the King. Also, they have a lot of useful cards.

the blitzer
06-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Right to find the CC king. After beating all the other CC group members, challenge Dr. Kadwai. Then rest in your domintry and she will appear. You will be so surprised when you find out who it is. oh and by the way she has the Glimish card which can be turned into 10 Holy wars.

If you want to know any more card sercets I'll tell you.

muchacho
06-14-2003, 10:42 PM
oh i got her right after i posted my last question. and i got the gilgamesh card. now the last thing to go is omega *shakes fist*

the blitzer
06-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Do you mean Omega weapon because you can't fight him until disk 4. If you mean a card of him you can't get one.

Oh and by the way I have got something reallly cool to tell you about cards that you can do on disk 4.

go through the middle portal and go into a chocobo forest and ride the chocobo to the centre desert and you can board Ragnork. Inside the space ship are the CC group members if you have beaten them before. Joker is there even if you havn't played them all. If you have refined any rare cards you can re-win them of the CC group and then again if you refine after you get. that way you can get your party loads of descent magic and items and still keep the rare cards.

Also if you go to the most southern tip of esther you will wind up at the escape pod site and the Queen of cards is there. She has the rare cards Chuby Chocobo, Doomtrain, Phinoex, Irvine and Kiros.