PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of FFV

final boss
06-10-2003, 04:11 PM
In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of this game. Here's my.
PROS
1. Some really good music[like the X-Death battle music.]
2.Great challenge.
3.Job system[i love it!]
4.Graphics[better than FFIV.]
CONS
1.Glitchs. I own the Antology version.
2.WAY too many random battles.
3. WAY WAY too many bosses
4. Bosses are really hard and anoying.
5.Airship flies a little too fast.
6. Final battle hard. I'm stuck on him.
Overall: 100/10. Even though there are alot more cons then pros I really love this game as much as the others FFs.

Flying Mullet
06-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Having to wait until the end of the game to learn the cool skills like X-Magic and X-Fight is a pain. I'd like to earn these skills earlier, but you don't meet enemies that give you good AP until the end of the game. So you have to fight too many ramdon encounters and/or leave your character equipped with a class to learn those great skills, which is kind of a pain. In FFIII you could change your job to fit the need of the situation, and if you can do that in FFV, but you won't learn the abilities as quickly.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Lots of bosses makes a pro to me. The more bosses, the better. As long as they've got personality.

MagicKnight Locke
06-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Lots of bosses makes a pro to me. The more bosses, the better. As long as they've got personality.
and personailty is just the thing FF5 bosses dont have (Exdeath:eep: )

MJN SEIFER
06-10-2003, 09:39 PM
*Did I really act like this back then? DELETED!*

ShivaBlizzard8
06-11-2003, 08:35 PM
The biggest pro for me was the job system. I enjoyed having so many options on how to confront enemies and develop skills. The different strategies allows for FF5's great replay value.

My big complaint in FF5 is its lack of investment in its characters. Faris, Lenna, Bartz, etc. are great characters, but they didn't get enough play. So much time was devoted to "yadda yadda this crystal" and "blah blah that tablet" that the human aspect was often ignored. There were a lot of missed oppertunities for expansion: why did Bartz's mom have these strange seizures? The first time I played the game I really thought that was going somewhere, but they dropped it. What about the whole line of Faris being lost at sea as a child for goodness sake, not to mention her negativity towards father figures? They really could have gone somewhere with that, but it was barely touched. I could go on, Krile's parents mysteriously dissapearing, Lenna's mother's illness and subsequent death, Drogan being from another planet?? There just were, in my opinion, a lot of elements that could have made quite a riviting story, but they were all shoved into the background in favor of "I AM EX-DEATH! FWAAHAHAHA!"

But, don't get me wrong, its a great game nonetheless, and I enjoy it quite a bit. What makes it great is simply aspects that are very different from what draws me to the other Final Fantasies. :)

Inuyasha23
06-19-2003, 07:09 PM
The biggest pro of the game is the challenge and length. Platform games that last five days are alright, but they don't have the same addicting... juice that a RPG does.