PDA

View Full Version : just got FFT today

hyper phreak
06-11-2003, 03:53 AM
and man is this shit complicated lol i have no freakin clue what im doin in battle :mad2:

Washuu
06-11-2003, 05:16 AM
Well, you basically have to move around into fighting range where you can attack your enemies. Don't worry, the beggining of the game is easy since your characters are on low levels, and you have access to 2 classes. Your healers should only stay in distance to use potions. Keep an eye on you heath and you'll do fine.

Tip: Everything is based on squares. When moving make sure you are in a safe place to eithr parry or attack.

~Zodiac~
06-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Lol, I thought very same thing when I first played it, complicated and boring, but when you are further in the game you'll find out it's very addicting and quite simple ;)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-11-2003, 05:36 PM
It seems that anyone who plays it long enough to realise that it is a good game becomes Horribly addicted

Good luck!

Mwa haha!:D

Flying Mullet
06-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Addicted is such a harsh term, but yes, the game is very "engrossing".

hyper phreak
06-12-2003, 06:14 AM
how do i change classes? i dont want to be a squire. i want to become a bad ass knight.

Anyway, i just got done witht he 2nd battle i belive with those theives, Now im on my 3rd battle on the plains. Can some of yall kinda explain the story line to me so far as to what is goin on?? seems to me like its kinda jumpin around? im not sure im kinda frustrated with all the shit going on and what i dont understand on how to do which im sure i will learn later. I just got passed the part where ramza sees his dad layin in the bed. Seems to me like its jumpin from the passed to present and back to the past again? am i right?

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 03:06 PM
The story is very complicated, as there are so many people, events and places to keep track of. After, the opening sequence you go back in time, in a sort of flashback, then work your way back up to the opening sequence. Then the story will go beyond the opening sequence. It took me two or three times playing through to really understand the entire game's storyline.

As for class changing, most classes require you to advance jobs to a certain job level, then the new class becomes available. This site has a great section on all of the jobs and how to get them if you really want to know. That can be found here:http://www.eyesonff.com/fft/classes.shtml. Other than that, just keep playing.

And in closing, you will hear 1,001 ways to play this game as there are so many classes and abilities with to customize, so you really need to pick classes that suit your playing style. But regardless of which path you take, there is some good advice for starting the game: Save up and get the "Gained JP Up" ability from the squire class. This allows you to earn JP faster and learn abilities faster, which is a big plus. Also, learning the "Move +1" ability from the squire is helpful at the beginning of the game as it adds one to your movement in battle, helping you to get to enemies or run away quicker. Good luck! :rock:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-16-2003, 04:28 PM
First thing first:

On the world map bring up the little menu thing that lets you save and change formation.

Go to formation and bring up the menu that lets you equip and change skills, job, ect. I think you push Triangle. Go down to "change job"

No you can use R and L to scroll through your characters. When you find someone you want to change push left or right and move it to the new class and accept.

I think that is what you ment by "How do I change Jobs?"

Right.....?

Hope that helps anyway......

Sleeps Eternally
06-17-2003, 06:02 PM
just got FFT today

Good for you. I personally think that FFT is the best and most underrated game in the series. Have fun- it'll take you a long time to get the full enjoyment out of this game- my friend is on 104 hours and he's still not done.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-17-2003, 07:20 PM
I ve spent 1,000+ hours and I am not compleatly satisfied.

There is no way to do and get everything in a mere couple hundred hours.

This game has virtually limitless replay value.

Sleeps Eternally
06-18-2003, 05:00 PM
I completely agree. Now that I have my game back, I'm gonna play it until the friggin' disc can't read anymore...then I'll just go buy a new one.

hyper phreak
06-19-2003, 04:53 AM
ok thanks everyone. My internet service has been down for a while and i couldnt get on to see everyones replies so i have been playing the game and pretty much learning as i go and i think i have it down pretty good now. But thanks for everyones help. So far its a bad ass game. Im 10 hours into it and im at the part were Maltoid?sp? has some kinda of stone or sumthin and you have to save him from some people. But i died and got really pissed off so imt aking a break now, but so far so good, ill let yall know when i beat it and what i thought about it. But so far its really enjoyable and its hard to put the controller down.

Omega_x
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
10 hours and you're at the mustadio battle already!!, yo, you should take some time and level up in random battles, because your in for some really tough boss fight ahead!!

hyper phreak
06-28-2003, 04:02 AM
yea i have been doing a lot of random battles to level up, im doin a lot better now but still get killed off every now and then. im at close to 20 hrs and im goin to save the princess now.

Iori
06-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Omega_x
10 hours and you're at the mustadio battle already!!

10 hours to mustadio is definitely not too slow, but its not like he has to hit a brick wall in his game just to prepare for upcoming battles.. i used 4 ppl (includes mustadio) up untill the execution site.. id say 90% of the fights i was in up untill Goroland were quest fights. it wasnt untill after that, that i decided to halt storyline.. and now im about 10 quest fights untill the end, and ramza is lvl 73 ninja.. 53 hours of gameplay logged, my first time through.. the only things i havent done a dead city and deeper dungeons.. although i expect to lvl up my people ALOT before deeper dungeons

Dkknight
07-07-2003, 03:52 PM
lol you think he's pissed off now, wait til he fights Vel. I'd suggest leveling up a bit. :)

Gregory
08-11-2003, 08:19 PM
For Mustadio, concentrate w/ a Priest or a Time Mage increasing his chances of survival. Other than a couple healers, throw in long range killers like a Ninja or a Summoner. And that's if you're going to "Save Mustadio". If you're not, I suggest making an all attack force, regardless of range. And yes, there are the worries of future Zodiac bosses. The first time a saw the second one, I thought I was dead.

Anyways, continue to kill n' train jobs.