PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Battle

Max
06-12-2003, 02:55 AM
What was your hardest battle.(Oh and Please do not put the weapons.Ruby,Emerald,ect.We have all heard that 2 many times.:rolleyes2

BG-57
06-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Emerald was the hardest battle for me though! :greenie: It took me three tries to work out what materia I needed in which combinations with a lot of leveling up in between tries. Even now, I doubt I'd be able to go back and defeat it on the first try. There are so many preparations to make and forgetting even one could be fatal.

Maybe this thread should be entitled: 'Hardest Non-Weapon Battles'. :D

Max
06-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Mabey.WHY CANT I BEAT EMEARALD AND RUBY.It jus seemsso Impossible...:crying: :crying: :crying:

BG-57
06-12-2003, 03:53 AM
It requires persistance and patience. Particularly in leveling up the right materia.

For Emerald I used Underwater, Revive and Final Attack (linked), Master Summon (for KOR), W-Summon, Mime x2(for the other two characters to mime the guy summoning KOR), Master Magic, and Mega-All and maybe a few others, I always would forget one vital combination and wind up getting killed. Very frustrating.

For Ruby I used Revive and Final attack (linked), Master Summon and MP absorb (linked), E-Skill (for Big Guard), Master Magic, W-Summon...and a few odds and ends, all on one character. It took me a long time to figure out that spell casting doesn't hurt it unless your party is whittled down to one. So either let it randomly dispose of your non-prepared characters or come in with only one living character. Then Big Guard, then slam it with KOR. Rinse and repeat. ;)

Sorceress Fujin
06-12-2003, 04:12 AM
Heh... Aside from Emerald and Ruby :mad2: the hardest boss would be the Turks in the Midgar subway when all three are together.

Number two is that possessed wall in the Temple of the Ancients, the Demon's Gate.

radyk05
06-12-2003, 05:27 AM
i beated the game for the second time yesterday and i thought that the hardest battle was against scarlet and heigde... the fat guy in green and their giant robot. it wasn't too hard but it just wouldn't jeffing die!! i almost ran out of MP.

Casey
06-12-2003, 05:29 AM
For me it was Ruby Weapon, hate that red monster.

cloudfan
06-12-2003, 06:35 AM
for me im not that possitive, my sid does 10,000 damage for a regular attack so i equip him wit 2x cut materia. it took me one try to beat proud clod, the red monster that scarlet has.

Tidus StarWind
06-12-2003, 05:17 PM
I always thought that the Materia Keeper in the mountains is really hard I dunno why sometimes he is sometimes he isn't and the Demon Wall thing is really hard..but I always over leave there where you can fight all of those Dragons in the temple and then have that guy cure you...and other than that the last Turks battle is tough

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Whatever that monster is in the safe in Neibelhiem always kicks my ass. :mad: But then again I always try to clean out Neibelhiem the first time I'm there so I'm probably a bit underleveled.

Psychotic
06-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Whatever that monster is in the safe in Neibelhiem always kicks my ass. :mad: But then again I always try to clean out Neibelhiem the first time I'm there so I'm probably a bit underleveled.

Same here, but one battle which I restared 3 times because of is DEMON'S GATE! *sigh* I was an RPG noob, forgive me please... *kills 11/12 year old self* I hate that guy... I also hate Demon's Gate.

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Same here, but one battle which I restared 3 times because of is DEMON'S GATE! *sigh* I was an RPG noob, forgive me please... *kills 11/12 year old self* I hate that guy... I also hate Demon's Gate.
I was 9 years old when i first played ff7.
Materia keeper whooped me 7 times and demons gate 10 times :P .After those i never had trouble with anything but the final bosses.I remember that turks was so easy for me for some reason.On disc 2 about the only one who gave me trouble a bit was Schizso.
However even when i was an absolute rpg newbie back then.I whooped Jenova synth's fat head like no tomorrow.

And psychotic i did not quote ur post to flame you.I just wanted to show i had trouble with demons too ;)

Dragonfire
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
i would say emerald and ruby :D

but since you wanna know about other bosses, I'd say, the final battle with the Turks. Although, I've only faced them once,caus I usually decline there offer to fight (i like the roleplaying aspect of RPGs, not the hack 'n' slash). Stories are the best parts of video RPGs. (*sigh* I'm getting off topic again)

So, the Turks or maybe Demon's Gate, I always had to lvl up a lot right before fighting him.

Enigma
06-12-2003, 10:31 PM
The hardest battle for me was Ruby Weapon...but since no weapons, I would say Demon Gate on my first few times thru the game. He beat my ass like I had slept with his mother or somethin'. But I eventually prevailed.

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 10:36 PM
When the thread specifically says "list bosses other than weapons", why do people keep saying "this weapon, but since it's other bosses, it's..." or something of the sort. Sorry if I'm being a mod whore, but yeah, we know that the weapons are hard, so skip it. If Shrunkin Master wanted to know about weapons he'd have asked. Why do people have to keep putting that they think that the weapons are hardest, but that's not what we're talking about, etc...? Just don't mention it in the first place.

Advent Child
06-12-2003, 11:21 PM
they answered to questions, so, yeah... don't mod-whore. *mod whores* *doesn't post anything revelant while he's at it*

zacks_clone
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
demon gate.when i finnaly got up to it,i had to stick around.it took me about 6 hours to level up high enough to beat that thing,and it still was hard!

that,and i'd have to say...hmm...safer sephiroth(the angel wing one)

Max
06-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
When the thread specifically says "list bosses other than weapons", why do people keep saying "this weapon, but since it's other bosses, it's..." or something of the sort. Sorry if I'm being a mod whore, but yeah, we know that the weapons are hard, so skip it. If Shrunkin Master wanted to know about weapons he'd have asked. Why do people have to keep putting that they think that the weapons are hardest, but that's not what we're talking about, etc...? Just don't mention it in the first place. Thank u Flying Mullet Your pretty much the only person who really understands this Thread.

Storm
06-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Try fighting Yuffie's dad in Wutai right after you get the Tiny Bronco. That requires a lot of strategy.

GrimmReaper
06-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Ruby Weapon was just the hardest...but for not a weapon, It would have to be the fight with Bizarro Sephiroth (when you dont have the move Omnislash or 4Xcut, or knights of round)

Prodigy
06-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Hardest battle had to be on my 1st time through - I breezed through and then got to Sephiroth at the end. His final form (one winged angel) handed my arse to me. Big time.

I didn't have omnislash, kotr - anything like that. I'd rushed through because it was my first time on any final fantasy.

Burtsplurt
06-13-2003, 09:07 PM
That metallic scorpion-like thing; the very first boss. In hindsight, it's a very easy battle, but I found it very hard first time through (I'd never played an RPG before). It killed me a couple of times, and I almost decided to quit. That would have been bad news.

Bizarro-Sephiroth was pretty hard as well.

ThE dArK oNe
06-14-2003, 09:59 AM
i never really had any problems on my first time thourgh the game(having played only ffvi before...). Demons gate eh? cant say much cept i heard he caused a lot of problems for people. the boss i had problems with was lost number because i wanted to get vincent early in the game.

IlGreven
06-14-2003, 02:02 PM
I haven't had any exceedingly hard battles on my current run-through...though the first time I got to them, the wall of the temple of the ancients and Jenova-LIFE (Last battle of Disc 1) were real pains...until I decided to over-equip Cloud with Bahamut and Enemy Skill w/ Trine (which is the best E-skill for the first part of the game...until you learn Aqualung) for the wall...and smartly equipped the Water Ring I got in the forest before I headed to the main plot twist of the game...

And, in fact, I JUST faced Proud Clod for the first time (yeah, I suck)...and he didn't seem tremendously hard...just Bahamut, Neo Bahamut, Bahamut-Zero, Ultima, Comet, Regen, Trine, Aqualung, Magic Breath, Meteorain, Tifa Combo, Chainsaw Monster, he's dead...(I think that was the first battle she actually was able to use Final Heaven for me...like I said, I suck...)

The pain was the thing that loaded up the sub...so the 2nd time, I threw the same combo as above at it...much easier.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-18-2003, 12:34 AM
Anyone remember the Carry Armor thing at the Sub docks? I had the toughest time with that the first time through, simply because it grabbed two of my people straight off the bat, and then nailed the one left with its Lapis Laser attack and offed 'em immediately.

Why did everyone struggle so badly with the Demon's Gate? i just used limits and nailed 'im to the... um... wall...

Oh, i also had a hard time with Sephiroth the first time, simply because i didn't understand the concept of two teams, so i loaded up the first team with all my good Materia (and none of it was very good), and kinda dicked the second team over.

Liquid Glass
06-19-2003, 01:34 AM
This time through I found the final turks very easy, elena was a damn push-over. :mad: Also, after finally killing one of the weapons, I decided to finish the game, The Seph forms were so easy. Then I tried with my buster sword and won by pure luck. :D My first time through I had a hard time with Lost number, the final Sephiroths, and Materia keeper.

Auron_Kotetsu: You don't have to use both teams, I beat him easily everytime with just 1 team.

Doc Sark
06-19-2003, 07:47 PM
I just read the entire thread wondering if anyone would mention the boss at the sub docks. That thing was annoying man. Gotta agree with Auron there. First time through i had no problems with any of the bosses, that one annoyed me tho second time. I agree with whoever said yuffies dad aswell. If you do it when you first get the opportunity its a challenge.

nanakixiii
06-22-2003, 01:33 AM
These are the bosses I thought was hard the first two times I played FFVII:

1.) Carry Armor: Yeah, I'm surprised no one mentioned him/her/it in the beginning.
2.) Materia Keeper
3.)Demon's Gate (yeah, he was hard)

and jenova synthesis, bizarro sephy, and safer sephy. You got to admit, the very first time you try to beat them, it was hard. But now!? pffft....

Vermachtnis
06-22-2003, 03:04 AM
The bosses that you fight if you fail one of the Mt. Condor missions. The 2nd or 3rd Genova(The one at the end of Disk 1). Hojo was kinda hard to kill or just annoying.

Enigma
06-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Ohhh yes. The Carry Armor at the submarine docks was a hard one too the first time thru. He grabbed two of my people and blasted my other almost every single time. But I went mad with Bolt and Limit Breaks and finally killed him.

Material Keeper was a bitch too. That Trine usually always got me.

Recirculatory System
06-23-2003, 12:21 AM
The only bosses (Non-WEAPON) that provide me with problems nowadays are Demon's Gate and Carry Armor. However, on my current play I have been spending ages levelling up and I have damn good materia for where I am, so neither of those were problems. I don't think anyone else will be either, as I have been consistantly (and this is official) 'Kicking ass'. :D

The Captain
06-23-2003, 01:45 AM
The first time I played FFVII a long time ago, I wasn't too big on leveling up, so when I got to Wutai and had to fight that flying dragon pet of the Don's without materia, I was essentially screwed. I forget what the attack was called but it could single-handedly kill one of my characters every turn because their HP was so low. I finally defeated him on the fourth try I think, but then decided to reset the game and start over, this time leveling up. From then on, no bosses gave me too much trouble, though some were indeed annoying. Take care all.

Storm
06-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Yes, that flying pet of Don Corneo was annoying. And the spell it casted that could kill you in one shot was Aero3.

psychoff7
07-21-2003, 06:57 PM
i think the hardest boss for me where the two in the elevator out of the shinra building, cause i just had some ranged weapons. i tried this nearly 5 times. after that i had a hard fight with motor ball. in the later game i didn't have any problems, cause i was on a to high level. i trained a lot and so it was pretty easy. i finished the game the first time on level 70 and the last time on 99.:cool:

Cz
07-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Proud Clod was fairly difficult for me. But my most time consuming boss was Diamond Weapon, which I had to beat 5 times, due to a fault on my disc that kept freezing the following FMV.

Rude
07-21-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't recall the Proud Clod ever infliciting more than 300 damage to a single party member of mine.

The hardest enemy would definitely have to be the Lost Number. Although it's an optional boss, if you fight it the first time around that you get to the Shinra mansion, it's a rather difficult battle.

Flying Mullet
07-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Another battle that I have won only once and was very difficult is the Midgar Zolom(sp?) in the swamp by the chocobo farm when you first get there. Once I was bored and leveled up so that I could survive its Beta attack. Plus I wanted to be able to take Beta through the game just to see how much booty I could kick around with Beta that early in the game.

Aya Nekoneko
07-22-2003, 04:02 AM
The machine thing that carries the character in its arms and harms them. That one I had trouble with the first time because I didn't realize it was capable of! this. I killed Tifa without even knowing she was missing!

But the second time I whooped its arse. =D Other than that, I never had to restart for any boss.

psychoff7
07-22-2003, 02:09 PM
yeah i think that the midgar zolom was one of the hardest, too. i although tried to kill it several times but all the time i died. so i came back in the late game and killed it without loosing any HP :shoot: :rock: :chop:

scottwardADD
07-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Carry Armor was tough for me, first and second time through, Demon's gate was hard for me first time through, I even got so pissed i decided to start a new game with my old one intact and accidentally saved over the first one. I hadnt leveled much previous to it, FF7 was my first RPG besides EarthBound.

Radje
07-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I was 10 or 11 when i first played FF7. I was pretty good which is surprising since i had sucked at every other game i had. The demon wall got me on my first time through but after that i played it and worked out a strategy. I always had a weakness since i never used me Aeris so she had rather low hp. So i used her turns for curing and her level one limit break healing wind. The other two (Usually cloud and Barret) Would just constantly attack and use pheonix downs on Aeris when she died. It worked pretty well everytime. Oh! and use bahamut as soon as you can.

Deandre
07-23-2003, 11:04 PM
FF7 was my first RPG...
Only other ones were when I was 8 or 9... didn't even know they were RPG's :p

Anyway;

The Robot Guard/Scorpion @ the start of the game,

Schizo @ Gaea's Cliffs...

and Carry Armor

They were pretty hard for me first time...
Demon's Gate was a piece of Cake though :)

Firehawk
07-26-2003, 08:50 PM
The Demon's Gate was hard, but my first time fighting ended smoothly enough. Bizarro Sephiroth was annoying, but Safer Sephiroth just ticked me off the first time. I ended up fighting without Omnislash, KotR, and all the other stuff (excluding Bahamut Zero.)

Yunaknight
07-29-2003, 06:07 PM
The Lost # is kinda hard

Kodos
07-30-2003, 05:29 AM
woo, well..one time vs Missing number, he owned me hardcore, with just aeris left alive..choco/mog was last ditch attempt, and it PARALYZED him. i didnt even know it could do that :P

Yuffies dad first time through Wutai, but i did it on second time through game (which is what im on now, right before midgar with like lvl 70s and kotr,omni, ultimate weapons and all)

I never had a problem with Demon's gate, always brisked through him....Materia keeper, vincent kept healing him but i still manage to win first try.

Sweeping nibelheim first try is kinda hard, but i managed to do it second time through..ya thats about it cant remember many others right now...

gibson_guitar
08-01-2003, 03:46 AM
is nobody gunna mention that retared Demon Wall.....i hate that dang thing..

Cloud45
08-02-2003, 08:11 PM
that demon wall is called the demon gate! anyway i don't know why u guys fuss over proud clod i killed him easily every time i started over but he was challenging in the specail battle in the battle arena. i'd say the only time i had trouble (not including ruby or emerald weapon) would have to be the very first time i played i had no idea of omnislah 2x cut or kotr was sephiroths 2nd form. that #$@^% super nova killed me all the time. but now all i do is W-summon knights of the round and the first 1st usually kills him. who is carry armor i forget who that is.:whoa:

DaMagicSausage
08-03-2003, 01:09 AM
I say damn that Cactaur and his trickyness :P

frankbianca
08-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I think Carry Armor gave me lots of crap the first time through...I think he could kill just about any party if he starts going wild with his lapis laser thing, and grabs everyone. Yuffie's dad can be really hard if you try fighting him immediately, but i found a really easy way to kill him. You just get the magic hammer enemy skill, and suck out all of his MP. He's easy once you do that.

To name a new one, that stupid two headed dragon on that mountain in the beginning of disc 2 gave me lots of problems as well...it took me a couple tries to kill that thing on my first time through.

Skeletor
08-03-2003, 07:23 PM
For me was the hardest Battles, Demon Gate, last form of Hojo and safer sephiroth. Have anyone killed safer sephiroth without kinghts of the round?

Deandre
08-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Cloud45: Carry Armor is the thing you fight right before getting the submarine.

Originally posted by Skeletor
For me was the hardest Battles, Demon Gate, last form of Hojo and safer sephiroth. Have anyone killed safer sephiroth without kinghts of the round?

Yeah, pretty easy... Just use your strongest limit breaks.
Or use the W-item trick for unlimmited megalixirs.

Cloud45
08-03-2003, 10:00 PM
thanks deandre for telling me who it was...... i guess carry armor put a bit of a challenge.

NmUxFpAxN
08-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Everyone talks about Demon's Gate and yes, it was THAT hard :) The first time through the game it was fairly tough for me. It killed me 4 times in a row and the fifth time i got lucky and killed it. The second time through the game, however, was better. My whole goal for going through the game again was to get Aeris' level 4 limit. And i did. I used it at the beginning of the battle of Demon's gate and everything was fine :) Other than that i'd say that the frickin bird you have to fight in Yufie's home SUCKS. I forget the name of the monster but it's the one you have to fight with no materia (and i was pretty dependent upon materia at that point in the game). That was the hardest boss fight for me.

SideWALKsale

Max
08-09-2003, 09:33 PM
DEMONS GATE IS EASY!!!!!

Xydane
09-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Carry Armour the first time you fight him, and even though you asked us not to, Ruby Weapon. I mean come on, he's almost impossible to beat.

Max
09-08-2003, 11:33 PM
why did Xydane put that picure up?

Xydane
09-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Because Xydane doesn't quite have the hang of this posting thing yet.

Kenshin IV
09-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Ruby was the hardest. Emerald was a pushover.