PDA

View Full Version : Poll:How was the ending?(SPOILERS)

cloudfan
06-12-2003, 07:51 AM
What did you think about the ending?
I was really mad when Tidus jujmps off the airship and disappears.

Liquid Glass
06-12-2003, 08:07 AM
I thought it was sad, but stupid me had already spoiled it so, it wasnt as sad as it could be.

Oh, I had no idea someone could "jujump." :D Just messing with ya. I always mess up when I type, took me 3 backspaces to type always. :D

Kuja's Baby Girl
06-12-2003, 03:31 PM
i was mad that he jumped but hey at least ffx-2 is coming out :p

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 03:37 PM
After I beat Final Fantasy X I left the building looking for Final Fantasy X-2 so I voted for "exited for ffx-2".

§håd0w
07-01-2003, 10:49 PM
u spelled excited wrong

TheAbominatrix
07-01-2003, 10:52 PM
The ending moved me to tears. I literally sobbed because it was just so sad. I had no particular attachment to Tidus, but seeing Yuna so sad was heartbreaking. Everyone's reactions were so touching... My friend teased me when I told him I cried, but then when he beat it he almost cried himself. Ha.

moonlight1711
07-02-2003, 09:45 AM
:cry: i really cried when i saw the ending!when Tidus gave Yuna a hug!!:(( :(((

Zonda
07-02-2003, 01:45 PM
the ending was ok but i a bit disapointed really because it makes you think if they will make a new but i was pleased to hear that square are now making an second one Final Fantasy X-2 so lets hope that this one rounds the whole story up ;)

§håd0w
07-02-2003, 06:09 PM
the ending brought a tear to my eye (like the final wish scene with aeris in ff7) but i was sorta glad that tidus was gone, and yet disappointed. I mean, he was good, but he was a wimp. so it sorta evens out... but is still a bit sad

Intrepid
07-04-2003, 08:20 AM
I thought that the ending was heart-wrenching. Yes... I did get a bit misty-eyed... But... I ruined it now that i know about X-2... Damn me.

§håd0w
07-04-2003, 07:45 PM
lol:p well done man. i concede to you

Ultima Seraph
07-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I was pretty upset... heheh... tears and all... It's almost as if Spira's "spiral of death" didn't end with just the ending... added a lot of dramatic effect. It was great... Then I heard about X-2 coming out... heheheh... and I got so anxious I spoiled the whole game for myself. >DDDD I can't wait until I have the game in the PS2 and I'm playing it.

Shlup
07-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Yuna falling through Tidus was truley upsetting, but I didn't cry so considering that I'm a hormone-crazed nut it must not've been that sad.

Shuin
07-06-2003, 01:47 PM
This ending very similliar to FF7 and 8's ending and I don't like it. I just want a FF9's ending. Happy and united.

Somehow, FFX-2 will finish it's story line on there. I hope it won't show 'tis type of ending anymore.

*Pray while listening the Hymn of the Fayth*

therealquigmaster
07-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I burst out laughing when Yuna tryed to hug him and fell though him.

§håd0w
07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
same... that part was quite funny

macshorsecookies
07-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Shuin
This ending very similliar to FF7 and 8's ending and I don't like it. I just want a FF9's ending. Happy and united.

*Pray while listening the Hymn of the Fayth*

I thought it was sad, but I'm excited about x-2 coming out, I already ruined it for myself, but oh well, I'll still look forward to it :D

Did you watch through the credits and see the scene after they were finished? (spoiler... sort of) I thought it was a happy united ending...

TakaX2
07-12-2003, 09:35 PM
I was really depressed. I figured after the whole game Tidus and Yuna should have been able to stay together. I kinda sat in a daze watching the credits after the end, hoping for something else to happen and for Tidus to come back. After the Tidus/water thing at the very end I got really pissed off. I went online looking for a way to contact squaresoft and tell them their ending ruined a great game. Then I found out FFX-2 was coming out so I got happy again. Then I bugged the hell out of my friends complaining that FFX-2 wouldn't come out for another year in Japan and probablyanother year to get to the US. Overall, the ending wasn't that awful because Yuna FINALLY admits she loves Tidus (and you know he loves her) but it's so depressing to watch. It took me a year to get up the courage to play the game again and watch the ending (that's how pissed off I was). I always fell like I'm gonna cry when she hits the deck *tear*. It's not fair to not let the people in love end up together. If they hadn't made a sequel, I would have hunted down the people that wrote the ending and kicked some a**.

§håd0w
07-13-2003, 02:55 AM
see man. thats why u either get a mod chip, or a japanesse ps2 (like i did)... so u can import ffx-2 and play it (like i did... again)

OxNightsAngelxO
07-13-2003, 08:49 AM
:cry:

I have to admit...I cried when I beat the game and saw the ending. But I was excited when a friend of mine said they were coming out with Final Fantasy X-2...so all is well...I also downloaded the trailer to the FFX-2 games...I'ts pretty good :D

Hmmm...I think that's it

-Ciao

Shoyku
07-13-2003, 01:31 PM
I wasn't really sad, mad, or happy. At the time, I didn't even know about X-2, considering this was around January 2002. I guess it didn't really matter much to me, I just wasn't into the Final Fantasy X story enough to get attached to the characters. Especially a character like Tidus. I guess I'll vote for disappointed, although I was indifferent more than anything.

Scandalous
07-13-2003, 02:47 PM
I was sad, of course. The ending was very sad. I hated the part where yuna ran towards tidus, but she fell right through him... >_< I also cried like a baby at yuna's speech to spira

SOLDIER #819
07-13-2003, 07:50 PM
*INCOMING FINAL FANTASY X ENDING SPOILERS*

I cried. I don't care what anyone says, I cried. =| The ending was just extremely depressing/sad to me, especially with...Actually, the whole thing was just very sad. Because of that (And other reasons), I personally think it's one of the best endings ever. It was just deeply rooted in emotion, and I think it captured a lot of good elements to "finalize" the Final Fantasy X story. I say "finalize" because Final Fantasy X-2 is coming out. Phew, I didn't want it to end. ;_;

Every aspect of that ending was very on key though...I didn't really have to rethink anything about the ending itself, it just flowed straight through. From Auron being sent, to Tidus' announcement, to the words/actions exchanged between Tidus and Yuna, to Tidus diving, to Yuna's speech, it was just put very well together. I saw some of it coming because of what went on within the story, but I didn't expect it to end like that.

It was a very strong, emotional ending, in my opinion. =\

Furumuun
07-13-2003, 08:56 PM
As much as the game lagged.. stuff I wanted, the ending was great.

I mean, the amazing graphics by themselves would've made it awesome to start with.
Then there's the sadness and sentimentalism of it *_* It actually made me cry the first and second time I saw it. The third time as well, I believe.. eh he he he ^-^;;;;

§håd0w
07-14-2003, 01:50 AM
yea, it was a bit sad. but after playing ff7 when aeris was killed... tidus disappearing was nothing. cuz i never used him. i used aeris all the time, so i was attached to her. unlike tidus

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-24-2003, 10:31 PM
personally i hate titus but i am pretty pumped for x-2:)

eternalshiva
11-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Yeah, the part when he disapears is sad but I got SUPER EXCITED when he appeared and swam up to the surface that was SO A TEASE for FFX-2! You want to know why?

BECAUSE When you get the perfect ending, it starts off with that end movie and Tidus pops out of the water in Besaid :D That's super!

hehehehehe

§håd0w
11-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Shhh!! I still need to finish X-2

lol

eternalshiva
11-26-2003, 09:22 AM
well I did mark my spoiler ;p you shouldn't of read it! LOL :D

§håd0w
11-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Yea, I'm just a little dumbass like that :p I figgured it would have the part in there somewhere. But I also tend to look ahead at things for no reason.

Azure
11-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by therealquigmaster
I burst out laughing when Yuna tryed to hug him and fell though him.

Glad I wasn't the only one :laughing: I was criyng through most of it though, my two favourite characters left!!
But me and my friend just cracked up when Yuna fell over.

eternalshiva
11-27-2003, 01:21 PM
she didn't "fall" tidus walked/ran through her and jumped off the ship almost to prove to everyone that he isn't real. ;p

Philip
11-27-2003, 02:11 PM
Nah, the part before that when she ran to hug him.

pixie_demon
12-05-2003, 03:36 AM
heehee i think you meant EXCITED not exited.
it took me like 5 mins to realise that!!!

§håd0w
12-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Ha, I didn't realise that on the poll, but now that you pointed it out... lol

eternalshiva
12-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I forgot about that part ;p I remebered like 2 days after Iposted! lol I suck.

§håd0w
12-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Haha, nice. ;p