PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite character

twobitmage
06-12-2003, 11:18 AM
lets not get any flame wars started...this is all in good fun

anyway I think alot of us can admit some of the characters In this series are a tad goofy, so which one of the characters do you dislike the most and why?

Personally I dont like steiner, he's gotta be the goofiest looking knight I ever saw.

Cross between drew carey, peterpan and the tin man from the wizard of oz

*shudder*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm not too keen on Garnet, really. She's just a bit too frail and waifish for my liking.
Originally posted by twobitmage
Cross between drew carey, peterpan and the tin man from the wizard of ozAll three of those guys rock hard.

HOOTERS
06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Amarant, too boring.

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Story-wise Amarant is a waste. But in battle I think that Quina is a waste, I'd rather earn levels to be more powerful in battle than catch frogs.

m4tt
06-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't like how Quina does totally random damage with his/her forks. One attack he/she'll do 1542, then the next will be 201. :aimmad:

I don't really like Eiko all that much, she's only.. what.. 6 years old? And going crazy after Zidane. Most 6 year old girls hate boys because of cooties.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Making her the best six-year-old girl ever.

Ouch!
06-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Isn't there some kind of ban on pedophilic tentacle raping just for Kishi yet?

Anyways, I disliked nobody particularly. But if I had to choose one it would most likely be Amarant. He was awesome in battle and he looked kick ass, but he had no plot to back him up. But then again, Quina didn't have much either... but he/she/it was good for a laugh.

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:10 PM
i hate zidane and freya.Zidane is too cocky and has a monkey tail and freya is a rat and not even a beautiful rat.

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
i hate zidane and freya.Zidane is too cocky and has a monkey tail and freya is a rat and not even a beautiful rat.
What does a beautiful rat look like?

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
What does a beautiful rat look like?
Hmm all of those rats at burmecia looked better than freya.With that stupid lipstick she looked abnormal

Flying Mullet
06-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
Hmm all of those rats at burmecia looked better than freya.With that stupid lipstick she looked abnormal
Maybe Freya was a subject at a make-up company and she escaped.

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Maybe Freya was a subject at a make-up company and she escaped.
i dont feel sorry btw ;)

Liquid Glass
06-12-2003, 09:48 PM
I don't remember seeing Freya with lipstick...

Plus those were my favorite characters, awesome team together in battle. So were Vivi and Zidane, they all did great in battle together. :D

I didn't really like Quina, there just wasn't a point. :(

twobitmage
06-13-2003, 09:30 PM
just a request, could the mods move this to the general final fantasy forum? Might get more exposure there

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-13-2003, 10:32 PM
FFIX threads go in the FFIX forum. It's crazy, I know.

MagicKnight Locke
06-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Glass
I don't remember seeing Freya with lipstick...

Plus those were my favorite characters, awesome team together in battle. So were Vivi and Zidane, they all did great in battle together. :D

I didn't really like Quina, there just wasn't a point. :(
dunno guess i just do not like rats...though i like hamsters

Sapphire
06-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Freya doesn't look like a rat =o She looks more like.. a wallaby.. *nodnods* :p

I didn't like Eiko very much.. she was just.. kinda annoying at times. :mad:

crono_logical
06-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Battle-wise, Quina was the most useless for me, all the others could be used in one combination or another and contribute to the group :p Probably because Blue Magic is the magic I least like using in any FF game, too expensive MP-wise and awkward to get the spells too :p

MouseRag
06-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Steiner and Freya suxors! yet, Freya was a badass.

Rude
06-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I found Steiner pretty bad, although his naive and chivaldrous(sp?) antics were a good comedic side act.

Also, to refute other opinions, I thought Quina was an absolutely hilarious character and having it in battle was great too with the the right Blue Magic abilities (namely Mighty Gaurd/Angel's Snack/Frog Stomp).

StarChild
06-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Didn't like Steiner until the end, lol...Story-wise Amarant...I didn't like Quina really much either, but I dealt.

Tha1
06-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Well really i dint like VIVI:eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY GOD HOW COULD U SAY THAT! thats wat probly ur thinkin now. But my reason is that there has never been a black mage that was a main character in a ff, but thats wat i think about when i first here Final Fantasy ;BLACK MAGES. That s y i got ff9 and not 8 first cause it had Vivi on it, but he diisapointed me , atleast the game could have let u control him for a while. Now that i think about it i like him and really just dont like the way the game made him.:)

zacks_clone
06-18-2003, 02:28 AM
quina

Rikku_658
08-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Zidane: He was very cocky, and I didn't like his attitude...

Steiner: Too loud and annoying.

Amarant: He never did anything, and there was no point in him being there.

Quina: Rubbish at fighting...

Zorn and Thorn: It really annoyed me when they repeated what they said to each other.

Freya Coral
08-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Non-Playable: Zorn and Thorn
Playable: I think all the characters had their good points, but my least favorite is Eiko.
Favorite: Definitely Amarant! Yeah, they could have developed his story a little more, but I think that makes him all the more interesting. Also, he looks cool and rocks in battle!

Octavious
08-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Quina. I just didnt like Quina at all.

UltimaSepheroth
08-14-2003, 10:38 PM
i cannot stand Amarant, he was soooo annoying

Anubos
08-15-2003, 04:27 AM
Quina Was the Gods Ugliest Person, Most dumbest/annoyingest character on FF9

Wightraven
08-15-2003, 03:02 PM
There was no one who really drove me to murderous rage, but I'd have to say Eiko and Vivi's antics were too trite, even for MY tastes. Vivi was good in battle, but christ, he was Chuckie from Rugrats in a blue coat and straw hat. Really.

Andrea
08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
I never really did care for Amarant that much. Seriously, he was like the Squall of FFIX, the only difference was that this guy was an *bleep*, and the other was a darling.

ShadyMilkman
08-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Awwww, guys. What's with all the Quina and Amarant haters??? They are my best and strongest characters. And there are lots of good characters that had small parts in the story of the game. I personally despised Zidane... ummm... he just.... sucked. He didn't do much of anything in battle. And they go from Cloud and Squall... main characters who are cold and mysterious.. to a monkey who never shuts up. awww well. I just don't like how he sucked in battle. Worhtless pickpocket. Great in the beginning, worthless toward the end. Boo!!!!!

Celes
08-22-2003, 09:31 AM
My least favorite playable character was Amarant, he was cool but his personality wasn't very developed. He didn't seem to have a goal or a dream, or an idea or anything! I really hated Brahne, she has to be the ugliest character of any ff game, well human character....she is human right? He he well the other characters are awesome, especially Vivi, he is my favorite.:D

§hĺd0w
08-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Gau
I don't really like Eiko all that much, she's only.. what.. 6 years old? And going crazy after Zidane. Most 6 year old girls hate boys because of cooties.

Other way around... the boys avoid girls. I'm still in my childhood years, so I know... only 2.5 left. I Feel so old... lol

ANYWAYS!!! I liked all the character in FFIX. Even more so than other FF characters

Flare_Star
08-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Zidane: brill in beggining but he sucked ass towards the end of the game because he didnt do anything. no special cool ability, all he had was attack and steal. when fighting t.kuja and necron al i did was steal cos his attack was total bull. and i never used skills.

steiner: what the hell do you mean! steiner rocks with his sword art even though he didnt listen to anyone.

Vivi: some self-pitiing, deppresed git.

Dagger:..........HOT HOT HOT :love:

the rest were ok, i never used them much. exept eiko, she was one nagging brat!!

my most hated would by eiko or vivi

Hikaru
09-10-2003, 02:38 AM
Hee, I don't really like Quina or Amarant that much...Sorry for the fans of them.

Heh, Quina is a useless person(or is it no offense)and Amarant is too dull.Overall, everyone is my fav.!!:D

Kenshin IV
09-13-2003, 05:25 PM
The worst has got to be Quina. Amarant does give him.. er.. her.... it?.... a run for it's money, but he wasn't as irritating. They both sucked pretty bad.

Garnet_Alexandros
09-13-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't like Quina...She's so...I don't know...

ShadyMilkman
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
I guess i'm a rarity in the world. If EVERYone else finds Quina and Amarant useless and annoying. Amarant was great. He stayed out of the way, but when battle came... he owned all...except for one person: Quina...who really owned all.. including Ozma. I used Quina at lvl. 65.... by himself.. and smacked Ozma around like he was my red-headed step-child or something. Why you guys no like Qunia and Amarant... I jsut don't understand.

Angel_Reaper
10-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Me I dont have anyone i think is my least favorite. I like them all and their funky ways (Quina :O_O: strange character). As far as least fav. I dont really know for sure. Oh well. :tongue:

Angel_Eyes
10-15-2003, 03:00 PM
I guess that the most annoying playable character was Quina. He/she/it was just useless and their attacks were crappy.
And mine would NEVER eat!! "Me no can eat".The git

[DEANO]
11-11-2003, 06:27 PM
zidane and quina

dont mind my siggy im making aniother 1 (that was my old 1)

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:41 PM
All Characters have their good points.

Zidane: A Thievery that does 9999 damage and the all powerful Dyne ability.

Dagger/Sarah: Eidolon POWER!!!

Eiko: Eidolon Power + Double White Magic + Full Life + Esuna + Holy

Vivi: DoomsDay and Focused spells.

Quina: Magic Hammer, Matra Magic, White Wind(Which can go through reflect), Auto Life, Angel's Snack, Lv5 Death(Quite useful against Grand Dragon's if you want EXP quickly), Mighty Guard and Bad Breath.

-Oh, if you wanna get Quina to eat, try using Matra magic (reduces enemy's HP to 1) and then devour them. (Of course, to learn Matra magic you gotta eat a Zaghnol first :D )

Amarant: Chakra and Aura

Freya: Rei's Wind and Dragon's Crest which deals 9999 damage. Jump...Maybe.

Steiner: Shock!

luke webster
12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
:mad2: GRRR! I... hate... QUENA! S/he sucks, i mean what kind of weapon is a fork! Also, s/he has no storyline. It makes no sense having her as a character. S/he is just a freak who was added on to be the character that everyone hates!
:chop: Not as cool as Amarant (who is really, really under-rated).

soulICE
12-11-2003, 09:40 PM
i didnt really like dagger(dont kill me).

im not a big user of summons, plus her white magic is mostly just status attacks which monters later in the game are immune to anyhow..

so i use eiko. IMHO eiko is a better white mage, even though her HP was always too low.

Quina is under rated too. i just went through the game again and took the time to get all the blue magic (a pain) but i think it was worth it.. for me i just equip 'absorb mp' or whatever its called, so it was easy to keep its mp up to cast the pricey blue magic.

besides, quina wasnt meant to be a physical attacker, thats why his/her fork attacks were so random.. so you have to take advantage of quina's variety of spells.

didnt like zidane much either towards the end. always wishing i could switch him out :rolleyes2

§hĺd0w
12-11-2003, 11:17 PM
True, that's why I was grateful when I could play as Eiko at the Desert Palace, and during the Terra scene.

But as for Quina, s/he only sucked if you didn't use level him/her properly. My Quina is level 76 and rocks. As soon as you have all (or at least most) of the Blue Magic, Quina is decent. And as for a fork... it's pretty much the same thing as a trident, so I don't see why it's too wierd. Plus it fits Quina perfectly.

Salmon King
12-15-2003, 09:32 PM
i would have to go with eiko as my most hated one. i cant really say why, i just hate her

as for quina and vivi, those were the reason i kept playing the game

unknown88
12-19-2003, 12:37 AM
I don't like Quina, period.

~*Lizziegrl*~
12-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey all... This is a pretty cool website, and it even has a forum... kewl kewl!

~I'd have to go with either Quina or Steiner... they are both practically useless... (Quina more than Steiner) I really like Dagger/Garnet tho. She's pretty, especially with short hair. (Queen B-howeveryouspellit) was downright ugly and kind of annoying tho...
oooo... I hate Zorn and Thorn tho... SO annoying! Always repeating each other and wasting time... ugh... I hate them the most... lol

~Lizzie~

Godzilla3001
03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Amarant was my favourite character but now Zidane and Quina are because Zidane has kick-ass Dyne and Quina because HE (emphasis on the HE) is so misunderstood and dopey...bit like me really.

p.s I said HE because in loads of parts in ff9 they refer to him as 'him'. such as "...s/he 'blah...blah...blah...' him." A bit vague but try looking and reading harder when the others talk about him.

Del Murder
03-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Quina and Steiner are the most powerful characters in the game. Zidane is actually the most useless. Actually Freya is, so that's my choice.

Aphelion
03-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Quina is my worst nightmare. Yeah, he is in my team, but I HATE him. The same goes to Amarant, but he is not so hated by me. I really like Freya and Dagger.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 12:32 AM
I didn't really hate anyone except Zorn and Thorn. But my least favorite playable character would have to be Eiko. I liked her as a character but I just found that she didn't have enough mp for a white mage/summoner.

§hĺd0w
03-08-2004, 02:19 AM
That all depends on how you train her. If you use her in battle a lot, and use the MP +XX% auto ability, she has a decent amount. Plus her white magic is a lot better than Garnet/Dagger.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah she does have some pretty good white magic and she also has my favorite summon of all time, Fenrir.