PDA

View Full Version : did any boss in ff6 give ya trouble?

MagicKnight Locke
06-12-2003, 07:12 PM
atma weapon and magi master and that chadarnook guy was average,not tough not easy.

Big D
06-13-2003, 12:19 AM
MagiMaster wiped me out once, but at the time I didn't know about the benefits of casting 'Beserk' on him. The Three Goddesses were somewhat challenging, but not particularly so. First couple of times I tried to defeat Kefka I also failed.
Atma Weapon was a walkover - first time I played through, I just 'Rasp'ed him into oblivion; on subsequent occasions, Vanish + Doom did the business. Some people say it's cheating, yet strangely I care not.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-13-2003, 12:33 AM
I once played through the game, confidently and without saving, up to the fight with Vargas, at which point I muddled the Blitz input unto death. This occurred on four consecutive ocassions before I began to remind myself to take comfort in shining stars.

Flying Mullet
06-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Magi Master also gave me a hard time when I first started playing, but that's because I didn't understand what Life3 did at the time. The thrid time you meet Ultros(where Relm paints his picture), I always have a hard time with that battle. But then again I only have one person with Bolt2 so it makes it a little tougher.

Storm
06-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Fighting the Storm Dragon in Mt.Zozo as soon as possible is the hardest battle in the game. I think it took me somewhere around 6 tries to kill it. Magimaster was impossible until I figured out you have to use beserk on him, and even then I forget to cast Life 3 on myself and died anyways.

playaGAW
06-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Kefka when you fight him at Narshe first you have to fight soldiers then him. I tried many different strategies. It took me a while to think of using Celes. Probaly because Iwas more focused on beating FF5 at that point in the game instead of 6.

BG-57
06-13-2003, 12:52 PM
The first encounter with Ultros was a pain, before I leveled my characters up a lot on the Lete. He'd always do that five tentacle attack, and hit Bannon twice.

Magimaster killed me once. I went up a second time with Mog and a Moogle charm and used Rasp on him till he ran out of MP. He tried to cast and died. Ha!

The Storm Dragon was so tough, I left his chest alone until a couple of hours later in game time.

Finally I tried to fight the mutiple party battles with Locke and the Moogles so that none of them died, which was tough to do, since you have very few healing items that early.

Edgar
06-14-2003, 05:01 AM
MagiMaster is the trickiest I've faced, reasons stated at above posts.

The first fight with Kefka (not the 'waiter' one), the one with teams, is one of the hardest imho. I'm always having one very weak group: Locke and Gau. Sabin goes with Cyan, Edgar and Celes (my Kefka strike force). Edgar just use Bioblaster at soldiers and when it come to Kefka, since my group has no real magic users, Celes can safely use Runic while the other single target Kefka with Aurabolt, Drill, Dispatch, etc.

Atma Weapon was a walkover - first time I played through, I just 'Rasp'ed him into oblivion; on subsequent occasions, Vanish + Doom did the business. Some people say it's cheating, yet strangely I care not.

It's cheating. :)

MagicKnight Locke
06-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah i just remembered,the fight against goddess was so hard that in the end i vanish-doomed it

Daryl
06-15-2003, 12:56 AM
Most trouble I had was the first time I got to that annoying battle near Narshe, against Kefka and all those soldiers. I died so much during that, due to my hatred for leveling up. Heh.

Reine
06-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Vargas (Couldnt figure out Blitz)
Atma Weapon (I wasnt prepared)
The boss at the end of the 1st world. (Wasnt prepared again)
Storm Dragon
Magi Master (No Life 3)
Kefka 1st form

These are all the first time through the game.

Vermachtnis
06-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Dullahan, right before ya get the Falcon. He kept casting Cold Dust on everyone and then wailed on them til they where died. And then I learned of the Vanish/Doom and the game was easy. And I don't think it's cheating. I mean ya use what is given to ya at your full advantage.

crono_logical
06-21-2003, 03:10 PM
DoomGaze is always hard to beat first time you meet him without him running away, and getting the esper at the same time :p

Sefie1999AD
06-21-2003, 03:27 PM
*SPOILERS*

I always found Ultros' encounter at statues (when Relm comes and paints his picture) hard. He always counters physical attacks with devastating physical blows, so I always have to use magic, but he counters even that with level 3 magic. I only have level 2 spells at that time. My best strategy in that battle was to have Wall Rings on everyone, so Ultros would get hit himself. But healing was hard in that battle, because Cure spells would also reflect.

MagiMaster is annoying. Not only the battle (and the tower) is long and Life3 is necessary to win, but it will be tough getting out of the tower after the battle if you don't have Moogle's Charm. I once beat MagiMaster without Mog in my party, and then I tried to get out of tower (Exit doesn't work, BTW). When I was about to reach the bottom floors, I got ambushed by a group of enemies who did short work of my party. I was really pissed off. :mad2:

WrexSoul is really hard. I never figured out how to beat him by letting him kill one character and then reappear or something like that, so I always train my guys until they learn X-Zone. When the battle begins, I'll just cast X-Zone until the flames disappear.

The statue bosses (Doom, Goddess, Poltergeist) in Kefka's Tower are also hard if you only have your weaker characters in some of the groups that fight them. Kefka's easy, though :p

Storm
06-23-2003, 05:30 AM
Yes, I have also experienced the frustration of climbing all the way up the Fanatic's tower and then getting killed right before leaving it.

Zifnab
06-23-2003, 03:13 PM
I didn't level my characters up at all the first time through the game, and I got stuck on the Tentacles in Figaro Castle. Next time I went through though I probably killed them in a minute.
Also that boss where you have to fight Ultros and then go on to fight the crap looking airship thing was tough for me. I had to get everyone with all the level 2 elemental spells before I could beat it.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 07:58 PM
I.......HATE.................CHADARNOOK!
Chadarnook's given me such a hard time that i fought him for two hours, then got killed. ARRRRGGGGGHHH!
not only that, but say that i tell Edgar to use Chainsaw on the woman, Cyan to cast Bolt 2 on the woman, Celes to cast Fire 2 on the...woman...and Sabin to use a regular attack on...guess!
and then, the nightmare begins. before any of them can do that, the woman turns into the demon! and guess what? it takes two turns for my characters to realize that the woman is no longer there, and they just do nothing. On their next turn, i tell them to do the same thing on the demon, and...hellooooooo, woman!

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Goddess and Doom were also hard, cuz i fought poltergeist first and the Vanish+Doom trick didn't work, so i thought it didn't work on any of them.
so....Doom kept using Absolute 0, therefore automatically killing Setzer and Gogo, but healing Umaro and doing nothing to Locke (blizzard shield). if he kills locke, i can only hope and pray that i had already cast Life 3 on him.
as for goddess...she killed Shadow and Mog off the bat, kept Terra and Sabin below the 400 HP mark, and then cast this one spell that would kill them both in 20 seconds. I hit all my hardest spells and blitzes on her, and she died when Terra and Sabin were on the 01 second mark!

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Yesh, I've had problems myself...

The first time I played the game I had problems with Kefka at the big battle in Narshe, Dullahan (don't laugh), Ultros at Lete River, and the final Kefka.

However, nowadays if I don't cheat I find I have problems with the Tentacles, Wrexsoul, and that ninja fellow in the basement of the underground castle whose name escapes me.

Erryone else is a breeze, really, and MagiMaster never gave me a lick of trouble.

the blitzer
07-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
Goddess and Doom were also hard, cuz i fought poltergeist first and the Vanish+Doom trick didn't work, so i thought it didn't work on any of them.

Actually it does work on Doom and Goddess. You were unlucky to fight Poltergeist first.

I always use Vansih, Doom on bosses that were hard. Utros 2nd time was damm hard to beat as well as get to. The 3rd time you fight him was damm hard as well.

Magi Master wasn't hard for me it was getting to him that was the problem. To avoid the enimes there I took Mog with the Moggle charm.

Kefka final time was hardest for me.

Mr. Graves
07-04-2003, 02:53 PM
MagiMaster.

m4tt
07-04-2003, 05:27 PM
None. :cool:

ForeverZeroUltima
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Actually, Ultros 3rd time and MagiMaster were quite easy for me.
For Ultros, i Rasped and Osmosised him until he had no more MP so he can't cast Lode Stone and all that.
For MagiMaster, hah! Berserk on him, Phantom on me, and i just keep rasping him into oblivion. HAAHAHAHA!

nemesis enforcer
07-09-2003, 09:09 AM
i dont think i ever had to much trouble with ne of the bosses, cant really remember. untill recentlly i hadnt played it for years. i jsut began playing it again and my charectors are so strong that noone will gimme ne trouble. i havent gotten sabin for the 1st time yet and my charectors are at leval 30 :) so dont expect ne trouble from ne of the bosses. allthough i might try no magic throught the game and if i do that then i supose ill have som trouble with the bosses.

eestlinc
07-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
I once played through the game, confidently and without saving, up to the fight with Vargas, at which point I muddled the Blitz input unto death.

Agreed. That is a tough battle and inputting blitzes is annoying.

Anyway, the hardest boss fights I can remember are the two "I'm falling" fights: vs that Rizopas dude when you jump over the waterfall near the Veldt, and the AirForce guy when you jump down to the floating continent.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Anyway, the hardest boss fights I can remember are the two "I'm falling" fights: vs that Rizopas dude when you jump over the waterfall near the Veldt, and the AirForce guy when you jump down to the floating continent.

HA!
against Rizopas its only hard if he casts El Nino, so that's not too much to worry about. Just have 2 potions ready anytime.
as for the AIr Force, Rasp the middle and Laser Cannon until they've no more MP. then just slam everything against the middle. as for the Missile Bay, that's just something u have to deal with, since the missiles are pretty much the opposite of Regen-it decreases ur health.

playaGAW
07-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Now that I think about it the hardest bosses in all of FF6 had to be Ultros, Chupon, and Air Force right before the floating continent. It was so hard. Vanish didn't even wqork on Air Force. I hated the floating continent. That had to be the hardest part for me in that game(excpt for Atma Weapon he was easy). Then I had to get off the continent that was torture. Especisially after reading someything about the game a few months later and finding out Ihad to wait for Shadow. Even more worse was that as the clock was ticking down I accidently pressed wait then next second later I pressed jump not knowing what wait was there for. Square should hve made it clearer. This wouldn't have been a problem if it had said something like wait for Shadow. By the time I found out I had to wait Iwas too far into the game. At least I know what to do next time I play.

Atma Weapon
07-13-2003, 07:45 AM
The hardest bosses for me were Rizopas and number 128, because i keep my levels very low ( like 10 and below) until I have the Bismarck(vigor +2), Zoneseek(Magic Attack+2), and Golem(Stamina + 2). After I get those three I go crazy with the level building and never have trouble again. Until that point though, Rizopas's el nino can kill everyone in one hit and Number 128's attacks are absolutely devastating, especially red feast.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-14-2003, 04:25 AM
ha!!!!!!!!!

*doesn't even bother to reply on how to beat it easily...

I AM THE MASTER OF FF3, FF7, CT, AND CC!

Atma Weapon
07-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Rizopas is easily defeated by Cyans level two swordtech(retort) and Number 128 has trouble hitting a party that used phantom. Air Force is easily defeated by Ramuh and/or a few bolt 2 blasts from morphed Terra. Atma weapon can hardly touch you if you buy and equip 4 cherub downs and cast Carbunkle on all your characters. Kefka can be defeated in one turn by useing the genji glove/offering combo witht the illumina and ragnarok(get the 2nd ragnarok by stealing it from the girl in the 3rd tier and equip it by pressing up at the top of the item menu) Ultros CANNOT withstand fire 2, etc,etc,etc. All of the bosses have their weakness, the difficulty of the boss is dependent on how hard it is to discover and exploit those weaknesses.

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 05:59 AM
I found the Irish Leprechaun, Timmy O'reilly to be quite hard. He kept trying to kill me for taking his damn gold. ITS JUST DAMN GOLD!

ForeverZeroUltima
07-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Captain_Spaulding
I found the Irish Leprechaun, Timmy O'reilly to be quite hard. He kept trying to kill me for taking his damn gold. ITS JUST DAMN GOLD!

what the.......................?!?!?!?

-N-
07-15-2003, 01:28 AM
The first Atma Weapon. Without Vanish/Doom.

Atma Weapon
07-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Atma Weapon was tough in a fair fight with out proper preparations made before the battle. But (sigh) no FF6 boss can stand up to a well prepared party.