PDA

View Full Version : FF1 monster collection?

syun_ukiya
06-13-2003, 02:21 AM
I have a 95% monster collection th problem is I dunno where to find the monster I've been missing to battle.

Here is my list

After Crawler
????

After Wight
????

After Baretta
????

After Kraken
????

After Purple Worm
????

so can somebody tell me the name and where to find these monsters...

Sam1
06-13-2003, 07:55 AM
After Crawler is Gray Ooze. I think I fought some of those in the past Temple of Chaos, but I'm not sure where or on which floor. It could have been the Floating Castle too. I seem to recall running into several groups of them though, wherever they were. After the Desert Baretta is the Sabretooth. I don't remember where I ran into him. The rest of them are a mystery to me as well, although I just found something on GameFaqs.com that looks fairly helpful:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/33791.html

check out the "100% Omake Guide" under in-depth faqs. I don't know what an omake is, but it looks like it has a list of monsters in the collection bestiary and where to fight them. Hope this helps.

BG-57
06-22-2003, 07:31 PM
The monsters are roughly ordered in the places you first encounter them.

Gray Ooze: Marsh Cave

Ocre Jelly: Terra Cavern (rare encounter)

Basilisk: area around Citadel of Trials

Tyrannosaur: area around Lufenia (rare encounter)

Iron Golem: Temple of Chaos B4F (Tiamat II's floor, rare encounter)

The Iron Golem was the hardest enemy to find by far (even more so than the Warmech!). It doesn't help that they are in the second to last floor of the Temple of Chaos when your party is low on spells and healing supplies.

I used this trick when wandering that floor: If I encountered Areos, I killed all but one, had one guy make my party invisible with the white robe and the other three would use healing helmets and the healing staff to heal my party for free. After usually four or five rounds my party would be back to max HP at no MP or item cost.

syun_ukiya
06-27-2003, 03:40 AM
where did you get the monster collection?

BG-57
06-27-2003, 03:52 AM
I played a game to the end on easy mode. From that save data I'm started a new game in normal mode, and it lists all the monsters I killed. Since I wanted all the bonus stuff I hit every chest and killed every monster type at least once.