PDA

View Full Version : Pray/Love Will Grow - Your oppinions?

Garland
06-14-2003, 04:01 AM
I ordered both of these vocal collection CD's featuring Risa Okhri, and I think they're quite good. On Pray, the rendition of Terra's Theme from FF3/6 is probably the most moody song ever written. The echoey flutes, percussion and voice sound amazing. Love Will Grow of course has Gaia, the main theme from FF1, and is tied for favorite videogame theme ever, along with Terra's Theme. Anyway, what do the rest of you think?

crono_logical
06-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Overall, I prefer Pray more to Love will Grow, but they both have their decent tracks. Love Will Grow also seems happier overall than Pray.

Long Distance is my favourite on the Love Will Grow album. Gaia is good, except when she's singing the actual line Gaia in that song, that's the only bit that seems out of place to me. :p

On Pray, I quite like The Promised Land (FF2), Terra's, Voyage (FF3), Au Palais de Verre (FF1), and Pray. It's interesting how she uses different languages for different tracks, and in fact both English and Japanese at the same time on top of each other in Pray itself. I have to say I prefer Voyage the most out of the Pray tracks though.

Big D
06-15-2003, 02:01 AM
I love these albums. Ohki's voice is just beautiful, and her skill with the many languages used is flawless. Love Will Grow gives a better indication of the full capabilities of her voice, in my opinion. Pray's songs don't really push the limits as much.

Overall, my favourite song is 'Long Distance' from Love Will Grow.

I've got a question, though... it's about the title track from Pray. During the refrains, there's a very quiet line sung in English in the background. I can't quite make it out... does anyone have the lyrics? I've got the words and translations of all the songs on both albums, but not this one little part of 'Pray'.

Are there any plans for a third vocal collection? If they do make another, there's only one thing I could really hope for: better English. I don't mind that there are only a few English language songs on each album; in fact, I prefer it that way. However, with the exception of 'Have You Ever Seen Me?' and 'Love Will Grow', the standard of translation is pretty dodgy. Especially in the 'Prelude' from Love Will Grow.

Speaking of Preludes... I absolutely love the rendition from Pray. No lyrics, virtually no instruments, but sheer perfection.