PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me a good place to level up?

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 09:34 AM
I have beaten the game already, but I'm not satisfied with a Final Fantasy game until I am level 99 with all my characters. They are at about 70 now. I do the beaches to find the worms and get 1000 or so exp, but 5000 gil. Where can I get good exp. Please let me know. In FFIX, there were a few islands that gave over 10,000 exp in monsters. Are there any like that in FFVII?

ThE dArK oNe
06-14-2003, 09:47 AM
I recomend Final area(Crater)

Look in the swampy area with the suttle You will find movers and magic urns which giv A LOT of exp, money, and ap. (movers only giv ap i believe...-_-) If you need elixers use the W-item trick. If you don't have w-item than u can get elixers from other enemies in the area.
the Gigheeand master tonberry.

crono_logical
06-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Once you're level 99, or close to that, then maybe move onto the sunken Gelnika, and start morphing enemies to get items that boost your stats even when at level 99 :p

ThE dArK oNe
06-14-2003, 10:56 AM
The rhinos in goganga r better source for power sources.

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Alright...where is goganga? I just started playing the game again after beating it about 2 years ago. Completely forgot how to play...just took about 3 hours and I'm back into it. Alright then. Where is Goganga. I have almost 99 of just about every item, so I could care less about getting elixers. I also don't care about the AP too much, because I can just level that up on my own. It's the exp I would like a lot of. Just because I haven't played for a while, refresh my memory on something. The magical urns...oye...I played Final Fantasy X recently. Are they like that or are they regular enemies with HP and you can kill them? Didn't like 10. Doesn't bring much honor to the FF name. I do about 8800-9999 damage a hit and I have attack x2 on. So I'm not worried if the guys are hard. Plus I can just have auto reflect on all of my guys and then cast all-damage spells, so I do x3 the damage to badguys. That's an easy way to take any boss out. Bwahahahahaha. I love that trick. I've beaten Ruby Weapon, but not Emerald. Oye...I can't believe I played FFX till I filled all of the character's spheres...

ThE dArK oNe
06-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Goganga is south of gold saucer and southwest of csmo canyon.

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Hyuck hyuck hyuck. Is der gud exp on dem der rhynoceroses?

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Sorry...it's 4:00 in the morning here and I haven't slept for three days now...you'd be surpised what seems funny to me now. ...Bru-hahahahahahahahahaha.

ThE dArK oNe
06-14-2003, 11:44 AM
no... just good for power sources.
i guess gelnika is a good place for level building

its 4 am where i am too. -_-

Dragonfire
06-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Jungle room in crater is the best for lvling and materia growth. Magic Pots give 8000 EXP and 1000AP apiece, I usually run into two at a time. With EXP Plus, you'll be at lvl 99 in no time.

Note: Why can't ppl read previous threads for this kinda stuff!? :rolleyes2

Mo-Nercy
06-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfire
Why can't ppl read previous threads for this kinda stuff!? :rolleyes2
People are ignorant. People are dependant. They are selfish and want everything to go their way. If they do not get what they set out to achieve, they will surely search for a suitable location, object or person to vent their anger on. After doing all that, they will read the previous threads.

Anywayz, Level 70, ey...that's good enough to go down to the Gelnica (I spelt it wrong didn't I? *slams head repeatly on keyboard resulting in "rejhtgodirm;iojtdymthmdy.") If you're a bit chicken, then the area around Mideel is filled with little critters wanting to die.

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 07:47 PM
...and Gelnika is where? Sorry...haven't played the game for a year or two so I don't really remember much of the game.

Killy
06-14-2003, 08:59 PM
The Genika is the sunken airship you can acess using the submarine.

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Ah, thought so. Bah...just don't wanna have Emerald Weapon side swipe me. Happened last time I tried to go there. Wasn't paying attention and I crossed his path as he was going by...boy...that was one quick battle at level 60...

Demitri_Maximov
06-15-2003, 02:45 AM
Well, all my characters are around level 83 now. I like fighting urns. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't really like fighting Master Tonberry though. He never gets close enough to me to do his instant kill, but his spells do quite a bit. DOINK!

Dragonfire
06-15-2003, 09:02 AM
If you fury your characters, you will usually hit your limit break with one hit of his spell ("Everyone's Grudge" I think it's called.) This is good for raising your limit level if you haven't gotten the lvl. */2's yet.

If you don't wanna run into emerald, just go to it above water then drop down. Though, after awhile emerald just stays in the same spot (near the red sub.) Anyone know what the condition is for him to do that?

Mo-Nercy
06-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Out of my experience under the FFVII sea. Emerald is either swimming around, camped outside the Gelnika, camped outside the red sub or hovering over a crater. If he's moving, he never stops, if's he still, he never moves, unless you go back to surface, enter a different screen etc.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Aright, boyo, here's how y' do it. This'n 'll work, believe you me. First, go to the Gold Saucer, somehow procure 1000 GP, and get an EXP Plus materia at the Wonder Square (I reccommend racing Chocobos to get good GP.) Slap that on whoever you want to level fastest, take the sucker down to the Northern Cave's Lifestream Rooms (on the left path, with the weird neuron-looking things all over the place.) and divide him so that everyone's got one. You could also just buy 3 of them at the Gold Saucer... Might be quicker. That'll level you like nobody's business. Magic Pots and Master Tonberries are your friends.

The sunken Gelnika is great for morphing Sources out of all the monsters, but the Crater beats it in the EXP department.

Have fun with that.

Demitri_Maximov
06-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Well, Cloud, Vincent, and Yuffy are now level 99. I have a few questions though. First, how do I get Cait Sith's second limit break? I wanna use it over and over till I get the instant kill on Ruby weapon. Next question; can his instant kill (3 cait siths in a row) kill emerald weapon too? Next question; How do I get the timer off and where do I get the item? Last question; where do I get Typhoon, Alexander, and Bahamut Zero. I have every other summon.

Demitri_Maximov
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah...you just had me waste 1000 gp on an extra gil materia. It's the 2000 gp one that's exp. and the 500 one was a carob nut. I bought all 3 just to make sure. I have about 4000 gp left. Anyways, does anybody know what food increases the speed of chocobos? This guy Teioh has about 170 speed and 1400 or so stamina. My chocobo has 152 speed and 999 stamina. I can't seem to win against him.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-19-2003, 11:12 PM
jeez, i'm sorry, had a brain fart with the exp plus thing.... hope i didn't set you back too much...

*feels like an ass*

erm... yeah... i think i'll be in that corner over there.

Demitri_Maximov
06-19-2003, 11:14 PM
No Problem. I have so much GP, it's really no big deal. I always seem to get the lucky draw when I win in Chocobo Racing. I always get the sprint shoes, or chocobracelet, or counter. I got about 3500 gp in one night of racing before. heh

Auron_Kotetsu
06-19-2003, 11:27 PM
OH! OH! I CAN help you out with all those questions though! Okay! (PROMISE i won't screw up this time.)

Cait Sith's Limit break comes from getting kills, i BELIEVE (i hope someone will back me up on this... after the exp plus thing, i have no confidence). So just use him to kill stuff a lot.

To turn off the timer on Emerald, go to the tunnels leading to the Underwater Reactor, and Morph a Ghost Ship. It will turn into a Guide Book. Go to Kalm and bring it to the man in the top floor of the rightmost house. He'll give you "Underwater" materia, which nixes the timer.

Typhoon is in the Ancient Forest, that green lump thing on the mountain near Cosmo Canyon. I really don't want to tell you how to do all that to get it, but if i have to, hit me back. I owe you for the stupid exp thing.

Alexander is in Great Glacier. I'm short on time now, but i'll edit how to get it later if you need me to. To put it shortly, touch the hot springs, and then find the woman in the cave and talk to haer. She'll attack you, and winn ing the battle will net you Alexander.

Bahamut ZERO is at Cosmo Canyon. Go up in Bugenhagen's machine, and look at the Huge Materia. "Talk" to the light blue one, and you'll receive Bahamut ZERO. (I love the way that's capitalized... have to say it with a big deep voice and an echo every time.)

Demitri_Maximov
06-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Maybe my game is just screwed up. I have 3 giant materias in Bugenhagen's place. I touched all 3. Still haven't gotten anything. I can't find a cave with a woman in it for Alexander. I found a place that looked like a person used to be there. The place in the middle of the lake. Also, I have tried to press O on the lake, but it doesn't say I touched the hotspring. I got Cait Sith's second level limit and I took Ruby down after 18 tries with the slots. HAHAHA! I love 1 hit kills on weapons. Finally, I am a bit confused on the underwater reactor thing. I have just started playing from my last save, which was past the underwater reactor. Where are these caves, and how do I fight if I'm in the submarine? Oye...I know how to morph and all that stuff. I just don't know how I'm supposed to be fighting underwater unless there is a place for me to get out of the sub and fight, like the sunken gelnika.

Demitri_Maximov
06-20-2003, 04:35 AM
Well, I got the map from the pirate ship. I don't remember where Kalm is though. So I still don't know exactly what I'm doing.

Demitri_Maximov
06-20-2003, 05:32 AM
NvM. Found it. Alright. Just to be prepared, what materia should I have on my guys when I fight Emerald Weapon. Let me know, because I will take a week if need be to master every single materia needed. I have already got almost 3 of all the summon materia. Haven't gotten 2 of KOTR yet, but if it can be "born", I will get 1 on all 3 of my characters.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Erm... okayyyy.... emerald, i'm still working on. but i CAN tell you what i've heard works.

All you really need are 5 Materia: W-Summon, KOTR, and 3 Mimes. Bonus points if you equip a "Counter" Materia (NOT "COUNTER ATTACK"!!! The blue one! NOT purple!) attached to each Mime. Mastered Counters work best. You also have to link W-Summon to KOTR. A good idea is also to have a Mastered "Final Attack" linked to a Mastered "Phoenix" on each character. By doing this, the battle SHOULD go like this:
W-Summon KOTR once. Proceed to Mime it with each of your characters until the battle ends. Whenever a character's hit, they'll also counter with a Mime of the W-Summoned KOTR. If a character should die, their final attack will trigger a Phoenix summon, casting Life2 on the whole party. Just remember that if anyhting else but KOTR should happen, you have to W-Summon it using the actual command so that the rest of your party can Mime it.

I haven't actually _tried_ this, though. This is just compiled from strats i've heard. so if it turns out to suck, don't hang me!

Demitri_Maximov
06-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Counter...I get that at chocobo racing, right? Do I get that more than once, because I traded mine for GP. I always trade for GP.

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 10:24 PM
auron_ kotetsu/demitri_maximov

nice triks on the weapons they all work but try to have hp/mp switch materia in all coz u need the 9999 mp else you won't be able to revive/counter enough and it doesnt matter about the 999hp coz u will b reviveing with phoenix/final attack combo

demitri_maximov

you need certain materia to get the stuff from huge materia in buganhagen's(prob spellt wrong but who cares) lab i know for bahamut ZERO you need the previous 2 bahamut summons and yellow materia you need all other command(yellow) materias but i cant remember wot you get and i dont know for the other one. lady at the glacier is at the far right at the top of hill and is extremely anti-social.

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 10:25 PM
hope it helps

Demitri_Maximov
06-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Actually, my 999 mp was just fine. Only had to use about 500 of it the whole fight on Emerald Weapon and he went down with me having 9999 life on all my characters. I love w-summon and kotr, along with mime. Ruby on the other hand......I F***ING HATE THAT GUY! I can't kill him any way I try...all the strategies I follow end up in my dying in a "no way to lose" situation, as the people in the guides like to call them.

Killy
06-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Heres the way I used to beat him, and it was rather easy.

Now this is the hard part: Get 2 of characters killed before the fight, then fight emerald, when her tentacles appear, ressurect you party members and then use Hades. Hades will stop emerald allowing you to hit it without being attacked. It only last a couple of turn so use KOTR and mime while she cannot move. Summon hades if she starts to move again.

one_winged_angel
06-23-2003, 10:40 PM
sorry i made a mistake you dont need all the comand materias you need all the enemy skills i think

Inuyasha23
06-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Here's an idea try fighting the weapons around the world. Start with ultima weapon and get ..well Ultima weapon. then fight the red weopon in the sand and the one under water. mini boss. those are the two words of salvation to a high leveld player.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Just something to clear upo, since one_winged_angel seems a bit foggy on it... if you're looking to get Master Command Materia (i just got it myself so i know how) you have to master the following:
Sense
Steal
Throw
Morph
Deathblow
Mime
Manipulate

i think that's it. You do NOT need to master W-Magic, W-Item, or W-Summon. (I wish i'd known that, as i went off and mastered all those buggers at 250K AP apiece. Took a LOT of magic pots and movers to do those, believe you me.) Nor must you do Slash-All, Double Cut, or Enemy Skill. Be warned, though: When you go to Bugenhagen's, if you want a Master Command, you must trade ONE of each of thoseMateria, mastered, for the Master Command. It can kind of suck when you were counting on having three Mime's and instead end up with 2 and a master command, which can't be linked with counter.

For Master Magic you have to master ALL green materia. Period. It'll take away one master from each type when you trade for Master Magic. So, it might be wise to master a couple of Ultima, Revive, Restore, Barrier, Full Cure, etc... all the good ones... so that you have some left after you trade.

Master Summon requires all summons to be mastered. Including KOTR. I don't intend to get this one, because i don't want to lose a Mastered KOTR. 500K AP, and you get a LITTLE attached to the sucker.

EOFF has a great Materia resource here: http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/materia.shtml

And i haven't tried again since Emerald WEAPON cleaned me out last week. Once i build up the testicular fortitude once more, i'll see how i do.

Demitri_Maximov
06-25-2003, 11:56 PM
Jeeze...Ruby took a while, but I did it my own way. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Same way I took out Emerald. Plus I had master magic and master commands on Cloud. Then I had W-summon and Master summon on Vincent. Then I had final attack and phoenix on Cait Sith. All my characters had hp plus on them and mime. All my characters had mp plus on them and mp turbo. I had 9999 life and 999 mp on all 3 characters. I had ribbons on all 3. I had all their ultimate weapons, and I had mistyles...or mystiles...yeah...one of those two...well I had a that thing on each of em. Ultima missed a ton, for some reason, vincent never died in the fight. Cloud did every now and then, and Cait Sith always seemed to die right after him, bringing both the two back. Cait sith would then use W-Item and give both Vincent and himself a turbo Ether so they would have full mp, and then I would start KOTR 2 times with Vincent and mime with both cloud and Cait Sith. If one died, I just let Cait Sith die, and do the process over. Took almost 15 minutes. Kinda long fight for me. But whatever. Most of it was watching KOTR over and over. I have done this over and over now. I have beat Ruby 7 times in a row. I now have nothing left in this game. I have a chocobo that's never lost with a speed of about 170. I have 8 gold chocobos. I have beaten every game in gold saucer and got over 5000 pts on the roller coaster. I have beaten Sephiroth and he's not a challenge anymore, I have beaten Emerald and he wasn't a challenge. Now that I know how to beat Ruby, he's time consuming, but still pretty easy. And...what else is there? I got all the final weapons...I have almost 9 million gil...Is there anything left in this game? Side quest? Another game thing?

(I now have everyone at level 99 and they all have their final limits and have learned all their limits. I also checked a few websites...and I actually think I have at least 1 of every materia. I even have 2 KOTRs and 3 of a few summons. I have about 5 or 6 Mimes cause I got bored...BAH! Now I've completely completed 7, 8, 9, and 10. What FF game do you recomment next? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6? I like FF6 a lot...but how many times can I stand Kefka's laugh? I'll go insane!!!!!

Auron_Kotetsu
06-26-2003, 03:20 PM
*pats Demitri on the back*

you're done. congratulations. go do something else... mow the lawn, take out the garbage or something. go on. the game's over, shoo.

nanakixiii
06-26-2003, 07:07 PM
My way of making emerald feel like he's a piece of sh*t:
1.) have 7777+ hp.
2.) go to forest area around mideel
3.) meet the green enemies (that uses claws)
4.) let them attack until HP goes down under 7777.
5.) cast mini on all
6.) kill the ones that doesn't get small
7.) wait until a character has **77 HP (*=any #)
8.) kill off the enemies
9.) end battle
10.) open up menu
11.) use potions/hi potions so HP equals 7777.
12.) have decent charas (you should by this point)
13.) equip underwater materia (just in case, probably don't need it) ...and voila!

Explanation: when you start off the battle, the chara with 7777HP will do the lucky sevens, attacking continuously for sixty-something times. Emerald won't still die, so just do stuff to kill him.

My way of making ruby feel like he's a piece of sh*t:
1.) equip mastered "command counter" (not counter) with mime
2.) equip KOTR with HP absorb
3.) optional: equip master summon w/ turbo; and equip w summon.
3.) kill off 2 of your other charas.
4.) wait until he puts the tentacles
5.) cast KOTR... and do your homework like a good boy.
6.) come back... and ruby will feel like sh*t.

OK, i'm done.