PDA

View Full Version : are superbosses really super?

muchacho
06-14-2003, 07:06 PM
well over the years of superbosses i think they have been over rated. i have only found 1 superboss that was really hard and thats emerald. the other ones arent that hard if you know what you are doing and are prepared. i know ive herd that penace is hard but ok thats 2. what do you think?

Mo-Nercy
06-15-2003, 05:19 AM
Emerald, I think, was one of the easiest. Just limit the materia you equip and go nuts on him. Penance, if you know what you're doing is predictable and more annoying than hard.

I still think that Omega Weapon in FFVIII is the hardest superboss. But yet again, if you have a strategy and the right items beforehand, there's not much problem.

Summarising, superbosses are only hard if you're unprepared. You said so yourself. Are you suggesting that we run in to beat Omega without junctions? Or take on Penance without Break HP limit? 'Course not.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-15-2003, 06:19 AM
I'd have to say Omega in FF5 was also a nasty little bugger. He tended to deep-fry my party before I could even react, and unless you're quick on your feet, he's not always avoidable.

Enigma
06-15-2003, 10:31 PM
I thought Emerald Weapon was kinda easy. Ruby Weapon was hard and annoying. But the Ultimate superboss (that I've ever beaten) is Omega Weapon from FF8.

muchacho
06-15-2003, 10:57 PM
man why does every body think omega is hard and emerald is easy? i beat omega today for the 2nd time. and this time i didnt use 1 lion hart. and yet i cant beat emmy.

Mo-Nercy
06-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Maybe you're not as good at FFVII as you are in FFVIII. Not surprising either, FF8, it's the best game, yeah, but you gotta admit, it's way easy.

Have you got Phoenix+Final Attack, KOTR and Mime? Underwater Materia, good to have, but you don't really need it, you can beat Emerald easy in 20 mins.

muchacho
06-16-2003, 11:45 AM
i have all of those. and i beat ruby with a ease. emmy is just my worst enemy.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2003, 06:36 PM
No materia and mad limits makes emeral easy. You just need a bunch of Mega Elixers which you can easily get with the Item trick.

Prodigy
06-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Super bosses in FF are generally quite tough - but of course none of them are hard if you prepare.

I'd say the hardest even when prepared is Penance - just because he takes so damn long and if you slip up in the hour long fight you'll be going down big time.

There is no boss in any of the FFs that I've played (6-10) that is really hard to beat when you're maxxed out.

Blackmage
06-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I still think that Omega Weapon in FFVIII is the hardest superboss. But yet again, if you have a strategy and the right items beforehand, there's not much problem.

But the Ultimate superboss (that I've ever beaten) is Omega Weapon from FF8.
...*dies* *refers you guys to his strategy guide that has yet to be posted up on the EoFF site* (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34017)