PDA

View Full Version : The painting thing in the castle. What is it?

supergodlord
06-14-2003, 11:28 PM
I've never been able to slove it. Could someone help me?

muchacho
06-14-2003, 11:51 PM
ok weres the anwser if you want to figure it out by your self then dont read on.

look at the clock on the bottom of the floor the numbers VIII, IIII, and VI are being pointed at.
VII stands for vividarium,IIII stands for intervigilium, and VI stands for viator

Big D
06-15-2003, 10:07 AM
In the Garden sleeps a Messenger.Quite a creative puzzle, with an interesting Boss to follow.

Peegee
06-16-2003, 03:20 PM
I have a simple question: HOW THE HECK CAN YOU FIGURE IT OUT WITHOUT SPOILERS????

BG-57
06-16-2003, 06:52 PM
I found it about as tough as the Zozo clock puzzle in FFVI. You bang your head against it at the time, then it seems obvious in retrospect. Square really does love those clock puzzles though.

On a side note, I'm curious if those Latin words are really correctly used. Between conjugations and declinations it would be tough to get it right.

chocoboy
06-26-2003, 10:20 PM
I didn't like that puzzle. You don't need to do it anyway. Besides, there's no chocobos in it.:choc:

Nova Dragon
06-27-2003, 02:54 AM
I found the puzzle to be very well done and a great idea personally (even though it took me for ever to figure it out the first time.)

I loved how FF VIII had many themes and influences from Latin throughout the game.

Squall and Rinoa
06-28-2003, 01:58 AM
What is the painting? Well, the answer - a side quest in which you have to solve the riddle in order to unlock a boss, then following the battle, an unlocked option in the castle itself.

Choose something you know you'll need, such as GF and the like. Very helpful later on, hehe.

celtcknight
04-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Is there a second message on the clock tower clock (before approaching the final stretch to ultys room)? I lost my strategy guide. Can anyone look that up? I think its set at 2:40. Curious whether its a message or symbolism of some sort or just happened to be set at that time so ultys foes can easiy access the ladder to get to her.

Big D
04-26-2004, 08:05 AM
OK, since this is a really old thread and that post has nothing to do with the topic, I'll just close this, hmm?:smash: