PDA

View Full Version : how a REMAKE should be?

Xu
06-15-2003, 05:14 AM
if they ever remake ff8 into PSX2, they MUST improve the game... yup?

something like:

- PSX2 graphics
- Level up characters & GF should be harder (no more that fixed 1000 exp to Lv up)
- Abolishment of Vit-0 stat (that make the game toooo easy)
- Just refine high lv magic if the GF are at high lv (this should prevent gettin 100 firaga on the beginning... cuz that make the game too easy also)
- Sefie should have that 2 abolished-from-the-game Slot spells (Percent and Catastrophe)
- Remodelling weapons should be more useful
- After gettin Ragnarock you may ask Edea for joining again, so she could help against Ultimecia, so to Edea's limit be more useful, at high levels it may cause 5-digit damage.
- small changes on storyline to eliminate that plot "holes"
- Item command should be avaliable without GF (it's strange that you need GF JUST to use an item)
- Better AI to bosses...
- An optional boss should come out of NORG's egg (to reflect what's really is in his heart)
- Galbadia should have an "Amusement Station" something optional like Gold Saucer, with minigames, etc... for fun!
- More areas to explore at the towns (timber should be somewhat bigger)
- More background plot to the rest of the characters
- B-Garden should have more areas to explore (it's so big on CGs...)
- More optional places to go, like a cave or something

...phew... i'm done, more ideas???

Fuzakeru
06-15-2003, 06:45 AM
Ah. To hear Seifer's sultry, deep, resonating voice would convince me to rebuy the game. To see his delicate face in a clearer way than I have ever dreamed. . . or . . .

*Grimaces* However, they could really screw it up and he would have a light pitched voice! *Cries* NO!

uhm. . . the graphics would be a huge improvement.
I also agree. The advantage of having it on PS2 would be the ability to have the bigger towns but do you think it would be wise to do that? I don't know.

I'm a hardcore FF8 chicka so if they ever do remodel it, I'm buying fo' sure.

LadySteph

Prodigy
06-15-2003, 11:06 AM
What plot holes did you come across exactly?

the blitzer
06-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Magic should do more damage. Because high level spells like Firaga only do 500 damage.

Maxico
06-15-2003, 01:31 PM
there should be some kind of handicap on GF's to stop people using them all the time. like mp cost.

Prodigy
06-15-2003, 11:40 PM
There is a handicap - they take too long and do practically nothing worthwhile.
I didn't use my GFs AT ALL (well, maybe a couple of times MAX) when I went through the game again and learned how to junction. They're pointless.

PhoenixAsh
06-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah GF are a good way for inexperienced players to get through the game, while still allowing experienced players to be rewarded with more entertaining battles.

There should be HUGE amounts of additional plot to make the stupid bits more believable, and improve character backgrounds.

There should be more cards, and an additional multiplayer option.

The Ragnorok should be able to go underwater.

Peegee
06-16-2003, 03:22 PM
A FF with a junction system (which is what a remake really is) should have monsters that also have a junctioning system. It would make a lot more sense and allow for more powerful bosses.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see more powerful WEAPONs and bosses use limit breaks.