PDA

View Full Version : DVD/VCD

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2003, 05:35 AM
I have some mpeg footage I can burn on a CD. Accourding to my Nero Burner I can burn it as VCD format and play it on a DVD player. Are all DVD players VCD compatable or is there a way I can find out if my DVD player can play them?

Bulldog
06-15-2003, 06:58 AM
Newer DVD players can play DVD/VCD/SVCD. Check your player and see if it says something on the original package, the manual or simply tell me what model you have and I'll check it when I have time to spare.

crono_logical
06-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Also note some DVD Players will refuse to take burnt CDRs or DVDRs, or CDRWs/DVDRWs too in some cases - I know my player doesn't take any burnt stuff. You might have to check the manual or something, or burn a test CD to find out.

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Ok I just tested a few VCDs (some good hentai movies of course:p)they work now so this thread can be closed.

crono_logical
06-15-2003, 12:01 PM
You don't need to ask for all your threads to be closed - for all you know, someone else will come along and have a similar problem or has something to add.

Citizen Bleys
06-15-2003, 04:54 PM
And just in case someone else does have the same question: No, not all DVD players grok VCD/SVCD.

Most new ones do, though. If you've bought one in the past 6 months, I can almost guarantee it's VCD/SVCD compatible.

Or maybe I'm just full of crap.