PDA

View Full Version : What if....

Liquid Glass
06-15-2003, 06:44 AM
What if...Kuja was the main character?
What if...Vivi was bad?
What if...Queen Brahne was good?

What if? That is the question I'm asking you. What do you think would be different? Do you have a what if question too? Post it here! I want to try and get some good discussion here. :D

*KNOWS someone is going to reply with " Then It wouldn't be final fantasy 9."

IamTidus
06-15-2003, 07:39 AM
If Kuja was the main character then that would be sweet! Then me and Kuja could go through the game trying to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Then I would talk "him" into getting a sex change the we could really party. Ya Know?

Big D
06-15-2003, 10:17 AM

Well, then the roles would be reversed, naturally...
Instead of saving Gaia, the player would be trying to preserve the souls of Terra by influencing the cycles of life on Garnet's world. Still arguably a 'noble' goal, but from a different perspective. Then, of course, Garland -and consequently Terra itself - become the enemy too, leaving Kuja battling alone against everyone in his quest to (1) steal eidolons and (2) destroy everything.

What if...Vivi was bad? Then he'd have to be spectacularly more powerful in order to be a decent boss. No, seriously, it'd make a huge difference if he had that same natural malice as the Black Waltzes. He'd be confident and angry in spite of his limited size and power, instead of shy and afriad for those same reasons. He'd probably be a bit like Black Mage from 8-Bit Theatre... (http://www.nuklearpower.com)

In a way, she was. She was simply manipulated by Kuja... but if she was truly good, then she'd never have gone up against Cleyra, Burmecia, Lindblum and her own daughter. Kuja's job would've been a lot harder. He would've had to try to influence one of the other world leaders to start all the necessary wars.

Blackmage
06-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Glass
" Then It wouldn't be final fantasy 9."
:D

Liquid Glass
06-16-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Big D
In a way, she was. She was simply manipulated by Kuja... but if she was truly good, then she'd never have gone up against Cleyra, Burmecia, Lindblum and her own daughter. Kuja's job would've been a lot harder. He would've had to try to influence one of the other world leaders to start all the necessary wars.

That would flip everything, especially if Kuja decided to go after Lindbum instead. The roles of Regent Cid and Queen Brahne would be switched, which would be intresting. Well, only to people who had played the orginal game.

Meeting characters? What if they were met in different locations, such as Eiko in Alexandria, and Vivi in Madain Saraiah? (sp)

KiDD
06-16-2003, 03:12 AM
What if beatrix exchanged roles with garnet? :whoa:

Rude
06-16-2003, 07:42 PM
What if Amarant actually had more than 10 lines of dialogue.

Flying Mullet
06-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Glass

Then I'd hope that he'd capture Zidane and lock him up at the zoo with all of the other monkeys.

EveningCross
06-17-2003, 03:42 AM
What if the eidolons were playable characters and/or bosses?

Misfit
06-17-2003, 06:22 AM
What if Zidane and Garnet had a baby?

Sapphire
06-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Or what if... Quina ate regent Cid when he was in a frog form?? O.o

Big D
06-17-2003, 10:46 AM
I'll bet s/he would've learned some pretty nifty Blue Magic if s/he had. For instance...
Score!: Blue Magic, status effect, multiple targets. Casts 'Enchant' on all young women met in pubs, much to the chagrin of other love interests. May result in 'Revenge Strike'.

Misfit
06-19-2003, 01:12 AM
What if Quina ate Dagger then Zidane and Quina got married? Hm?!

Liquid Glass
06-19-2003, 01:54 AM
I'm sure Zidane wouldn't let Quina eat him, he would probably slaughtered Quina for eating dagger.:D

zacks_clone
06-20-2003, 02:45 AM
my word...kuja as the main character...MORE COMPUTER ANIMATES SCEANS WITH KUJA!!!WOOT!(sorry...fmvs?fvms?cgs?...i dunno what they are called)

Misfit
06-20-2003, 07:55 AM
What if Dagger married Steiner? o_O

Btw- Cute siggy zacks_clone! =D

playaGAW
06-22-2003, 05:53 AM
What if Amarant had corn rows or a haircut?

What if Sir Fratley had more of a role in the story?

What if Zidane turned out to be a saiyan?

Big D
06-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by playaGAW
What if Amarant had corn rows or a haircut?He'd look less mysteriously dark.

What if Sir Fratley had more of a role in the story?This would've been great. Some explanation of what happened to make him lose his memory, a sub-quest where he gets it back... oh, the potential...

What if Zidane turned out to be a saiyan? If I knew what a saiyan was, I could probably answer this.;)

IamTidus
06-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Big D
If I knew what a saiyan was, I could probably answer this.;)
A Saitan is a Dragonball Z term. It's a race of people that are extremely powerful. And if Zidane was a Saiyan it wouldn't be called Final Fantasy it would be called Final Ball Z or Dragon Fantasy.

What if. Eiko wasn't 8 but 18 and she took Garnet out of the picture and got with Zidane.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2003, 02:28 AM
Eiko is six years old, thank you.

Misfit
06-24-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by IamTidus
What if. Eiko wasn't 8 but 18 and she took Garnet out of the picture and got with Zidane.
I wouldn't play the game. =P

IamTidus
06-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanks Kawaii Ryűkishi I couldn't think and 8 went with the 18 thing. Why wouldn't you play it Misfitż It would be an interesting plot twist. Ya Know? Out of no where Garnet is killed by Eiko and her well interesting personallity won Zidane over. It could be entertaining.

Big D
06-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Well, a genuinely plausible 'love triangle' would've been a good start...

Rude
06-24-2003, 06:35 PM
The whole Eiko having a crush on Zidane was more comedy than seriousness and I'm glad it is this way and will remain that way.

And to continue the thread....

What if you actually had to fight Queen Brahne in battle? What would her attacks be?

Big D
06-25-2003, 05:37 AM
She'd have some unspeakably powerful magic, I think - after all, she used Eidolons to devastate Lindblum and Cleyra, whereas Garnet can barely swat flies with them.

She'd probably use her fan as a weapon. Impractical, but original.

playaGAW
06-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by IamTidus
A Saiyan is a Dragonball Z term. It's a race of people that are extremely powerful. And if Zidane was a Saiyan it wouldn't be called Final Fantasy it would be called Final Ball Z or Dragon Fantasy.

Saiyans have tails so I said what if Zidane was a saiyan.

Rude
06-25-2003, 07:21 PM
She'd probably use her fan as a weapon. Impractical, but original.

Knowing Square this would probably be her attack and fit in with the Final Fantasy theme of bizzare yet effective attacks by enemies.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2003, 07:51 PM
By enemies? It's the heroes who have been known to go about slaying hordes of monsters with their mighty bells and dictionaries.

Nait
06-26-2003, 12:01 AM
A warfan as a weapon isn't that strange - especially as we are talking about a Japanese game. :)

But it would be cool.

eestlinc
06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
what if Sailor Erin was more than just some random cool NPC with next to no role in the story?

Evil Incarnate
07-22-2003, 12:07 AM
What if Kuja actually wore pants? :tongue:

K-chan
07-30-2003, 08:15 PM
now that's a novel concept if i ever heard one!:D