PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Difference Between....

Weapon-G
06-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Im Just asking if anybody knows whats the difference between greatest hits games and original for PSX and so forth.. and if they change anything in gameplay or sumthing...like final fantasy 7 has a greatest hists versiuon...im not sure if they changed anything in it...

ShivaBlizzard8
06-15-2003, 11:39 PM
To my knowledge, they are exactly the same game - its just that once the game reached a certain level of popularity and sold a certain number of copies, it was re-released as a "greatest hit" with a signifigant price reduction. Kind of like a record going platnium or something to that effect. It's a promotional tool more than anything else.

Weapon-G
06-15-2003, 11:46 PM
ooo i get it now...thanks for the perfect answer

Citizen Bleys
06-15-2003, 11:59 PM
wrong forum, la la la la la.

Big D
06-16-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by ShivaBlizzard8
To my knowledge, they are exactly the same game - its just that once the game reached a certain level of popularity and sold a certain number of copies, it was re-released as a "greatest hit" with a signifigant price reduction. Kind of like a record going platnium or something to that effect. It's a promotional tool more than anything else. In some countries, they ARE re-released as 'Platinum' titles rather than being labelled 'Greatest Hits'. The packaging and the discs look a little different, but the content is identical. The Platinum release of FFVII, however, came with an interesting demo of FFVIII.

crono_logical
06-16-2003, 06:33 AM
I thought that FF8 demo sucked, the FMVs weren't in colour if it's the one I'm thinking of :p

Big D
06-16-2003, 08:59 AM
My demo was a little different, then. There was a variation of the opening, but with more excerpts from the other FMVs and no subtitles of the "I'll be waiting here..." conversation.

The other demo on the CD was the dance scene. Nice, but as you say, black and white. It was deliberately made to look like an old film, complete with cues and grainy static.

ChibiInuYasha
06-19-2003, 07:04 AM
A few months ago, I bought IX and VIII (the greatest hits versions) since my old ones were scratched so bad, and on the disc, the characters faces are black instead of...metallicy, shiny, grey, they're quite ugly actually

Big Ogre Umaro
06-22-2003, 10:23 AM
The FFVII Greatest Hits disc has an impotent Debug mode, where the original had the scariest experience I'd ever witnessed in the Debug Mode room.