PDA

View Full Version : who's here? I certainly don't know:P

Peegee
06-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Maybe it's a function not available with this bulletin board program, or maybe I'm not looking at the right spot and it's been there along...

Or maybe I'm stupid and the rest of this thread will be flames....

BUT, where/huh is the "users currently browsing this board" information that I'm so used to seeing in other boards? Is it there or have I gone blind again?

I really would like to see. Yes, there's one on the main page; I was talking about in specific boards.

K thx bye.

crono_logical
06-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Um, we never had it enabled - whenever it was enabled in newly created forums by mistake, they were quickly switched off again in them for consistency, so yeah :p The only one which should be around as far as I know is the one on the top level saying everyone across all forums that are online.

Citizen Bleys
06-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Actually, it was never there in the first place.

That bit is a hack, and EoFF doesn't install many hacks.

Loony BoB
06-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Actually, it was there at one point... hrmm. I never really liked it much anyways, to be honest.

Peegee
06-16-2003, 05:45 PM
:( but how would I know who's spying on me?

Loony BoB
06-16-2003, 05:46 PM
They can't, so you don't. =P The only way they can spy on you is through the Who's Online feature, and you can use that just as well as they can.

Big Ogre Umaro
06-16-2003, 06:56 PM
vB3 4EVA~!

(whisper) <i>It's thinking...</i>

Citizen Bleys
06-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it's in vB3, but there's no bloody way I'm upgrading EoFF to vB3 while it's still in beta.

Endless
06-16-2003, 11:44 PM
It's in vb 2.2.x and 2.2.3 actually, without a hack. I'd check, but it's either a setting, or a variable in a template.

Edit: It's the variable $onlineusers in the forumdisplay template.

Yamaneko
06-17-2003, 12:06 AM
I used to be able to see it about a year ago. It's scary knowing that you're looking at the same forum Bleys is, leave it off.

Dr Unne
06-17-2003, 04:15 AM
I'm pretty sure it's included in the version of vBB we use now, but it's turned off.

Garland
06-17-2003, 04:35 AM
There was that brief period of confusion during the Recognized Member controversy, when some people couldn't see titles (or was it locations?) anymore. The people that couldn't see titles (and I was one of them) were able to see forum by forum "Who's Online", as well as the one on the main page. Maybe PG has had some remenant of this for a while, and it just got turned off.

Yamaneko
06-17-2003, 05:06 AM
Garland: Yes that happened to me. I couldn't see the location field and the RM title. I asked Britt to change my name, but said he couldn't because the CP wouldn't let him. Then the DB management thing came along and solved those problems(?).

Citizen Bleys
06-17-2003, 11:58 AM
That was when people were looking at the wrong version of the templates.

I don't remember ANY time when name changes were impossible...