PDA

View Full Version : Why do You Think FF X-2 will be the Greatest FF Ever and if not, what is?

Stupid Moomba 88
06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
New Questionaire People. I think FF X-2 will rank on the greatest FFs evr, but not the greatest. I think that honour has to go to FFVIII, for it's intricate story, clever Junction system (Im still finding out stuff I can do with it) and Characters you could connect to. Plus, with all the hidden stuff and u have a winner.

FFX-2 however looks very good and could actually top FF X because that, now I come back to it, seems very boring wheras I can't wait to jump in playing FFVII or FFVIII. I want to want to carry on the story, not just sit in a rut and train. Do any of u no what Im saying?

Kupo
06-17-2003, 02:45 AM
I get what you're saying.

It looks like a good game but I'm reluctant to say that it could be the best... since in my experience sequels are rarely improvents on the originals. But hey, who knows? I'll have to wait and play, ya?:moggie:

m4tt
06-17-2003, 03:14 AM
It looks far from the best Final Fantasy ever. Re-using graphics is blah. Sequals are blah. In my opinion it will never top Final Fantasy VI, or even IX. But that's just what I think. ;)

Scandalous
06-17-2003, 04:18 PM
It'll definitely be the best regarding the graphics. I dunno about the storyline, it sounds beautiful but I thought it was a pervo game at first so... it'll probably make the wrong impression, which means some people out there are going to be turned off by this FFX-sequel-that-does-NOT-have-a-Yuna-and-Tidus-clone-in-it. Mmkay? :p

Psychotic
06-17-2003, 08:00 PM
A) It's a sequel to FFX, which imo was not a good FF to begin with

B) and this is the important one. FFX-2 has completely forgotten it's Final Fantasy heritage, which is just shameful, as they are all superior to it anyway most likely. I can't say I've played it but I have a nasty feeling it's going to be a cringe-fest, with the word "Yunie" being used frequently.

C) No wait, this is importanter. NO DRAGOONS! Oh yeah, we'll have gunners, but no we won't have dragoons, they aren't "kewl" enough for us.

Faris_the_guy
06-17-2003, 09:44 PM
goodgoodgood...it's good

Because it has Rikku and FF10 was a major crap game

m4tt
06-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Faris_the_guy
goodgoodgood...it's good

Because it has Rikku and FF10 was a major crap game

So it's good because FF10 was crap? From what I've seen it's just a re-hashed version of FFX. With less playable characters and more lame mini-games.

ZeZipster
06-17-2003, 11:15 PM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NO! I'll be surprised if FFMQ is less fun.

Enigma
06-18-2003, 03:50 PM
FFX-2 will be "fun" I guess but it'll never touch the best FF spot. But Lenne and Shuin made me think that it has a chance to beat FFX in the ranks of the best FF. But it'll never be the best FF.

Stupid Moomba 88
06-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah i no what u mean. FF X was crap to play but to look at, it was heaven and the story was good. But it felt more like a graphic demo then a game, with me sitting thru cutscence and another and yet another...

Although MGS2 was exactly the same you could have fun when you played shooting guards and the like. FF X's big minigame Blitzball didn't even wake me up. Sure it's fun to play at first, but how boring?

I hope FF X-2 is more fun (Like the PSOne games) and less like it's PS2 cousin.

Kalel
07-06-2003, 01:14 AM
I don't know what everyone is talking about. FFX was the funnest final fantasy to play. And having fun playing a game is the whole intention right? Sure it has very easy bosses once you leveled all the way up. But game and story was great. The ending and mini games were only bad points for game.

FFX2 will be a great game. But I doubt it will ever be like FFVII (best serious dark story, cool main villian and cool main character) or FFVIII (Powerful end boss, powerful main character, love story, cool sci fi feel to it-game ruled). FFIX? FFIX was okay but only good part was ending (characters too weak-opposite of FFX).

I wouldn't complain about CG cutscenes for FFX till you play Xenosaga with 15-35 minute cutscenes after every 15-45 minutes of gameplay than tell me about it.

To keep you from complaining any further guys just don't bother buying game if you hated FFX. Because its basically the same just with girl power in it and no summons. I think it will be fun, but thats just me. I like games that are fun. Maybe others have to always have old graphics like FFVI or super hard game play like contras in their games for old school because they hate change? But I don't like ugly or super hard games. I like games that are fun and good stories. FFX had good story. And majority people liked it. Sales can't lie. Having a sequel says alot.

Bahmant zero
07-07-2003, 12:03 PM
1) Just because people bought it dosnt mean people liked it.

2) The only reason's its getting a sequal is because it can.

anyway this isnt the best, its by far one of the worst, allllll the way down there with MQ.
none of the mini games are fun, and those birds on the choco race are from HELL! there HELL DEMON BIRDS.
the story was too simple and unbearbly boring, you knew the hole story as soon as the game starts.
the charactors where underdevolped and crap, who all magically join togther for no reason until square throws in some last minute crap 2 lined reason. most charactors didnt have any background, motivation, surname age. and the charactors where just annyoing....very very annoying. no world map!? whats with that!? just walking to point A to B. anygame with this many floors cant be good an neither can its sequal that distusts loads of fans.

Shuin
07-07-2003, 01:47 PM
I still prefer FFX. I love when the world during crisis. Erm... I mean crisis on Spira. :D

Sieg
07-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Hot girls, great graphics, rpg, the fact its made my square.

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 09:33 PM
FFX is my favorite FF so far, but I feel FFX-2 will top it. Why? More exciting and better ending to name a few. FFVIII is also in very close measure but I like FFX more because... I dunno, maybe it was the fact that Yuna NEEDED Tidus but couldn't say so till the end. It sucked that it wasn't until it was too late but I guess the end kinda showed that she really loved him. Ugh... now I'm confused... I hate the ending but like the game slightly more than FFVIII because of it? Now I'm really confused... Wait, I'm always confused. Oh man...

Female Ryuichi
08-28-2003, 08:00 PM
I found FFX dispointing. I'm not going to buy the sequel. I'll just rent it instead.

RydiaOfMist
08-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I liked FFX, however I don't feel that FFX or FFX-2 are going to be the "greatest Final Fantasy game" in the franchise.

I feel that the older FF games for the SNES were far greater in terms of depth, character development, and overall plot. I'm not a player that looks at a game for its graphics, since I believe a game is truly enjoyable for its gameplay and story.

Over the years, the people I've met who thought FFX was the greatest FF ever have never played the older and in my opinion better games of the series.

My personal favorites are Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI. They delivered a plot that was amazing, full of twists and surprises that wasn't too cliched in a video game.

I think the best FF games will be those from the SNES of Final Fantasy IV and VI, and I also enjoyed FFVII for the PSX.

Kenshin IV
09-01-2003, 05:14 AM
Weither Ten was good or not won't really change the fact that X-2 will be a huge pile of gutter trash.

Lawson
09-03-2003, 12:14 AM
I enjoyed FFX. I thought it was okay and at least worth the hours I put into it. It didn't deliver a lot of plot twists and most (if not all) of the plot twists were either very transparent or poorly delivered. The mini-games frickin' sucked...urg.

WHERE'S THE LAST [censored] BLUE BUTTERFLY!?

Ahem. Anyway..I think FFX-2 is a horrible idea. One of the things I loved about FF's is that none of them have sequels. You can jump around and play them in any order you want. Every time you play a new FF it's always completely refreshing and new. FFX-2 will be reguritated FFX. FFX wasn't the smoothest FF going down..I doubt it'll be better coming up...

I don't think FFX or FFX-2 have what it takes to make it as one of the Greatest FF's Ever. FFX probably holds one of the bottom slots in that list.

The graphics were beautiful, yes. The voices weren't bad, but I wanted to stick cotton in my ears everytime I heard Tidus or Yuna (the laughing scene...urg..) It's obvious that most of the time was spent of graphics and the 'pretty things' while the story got left behind sometimes.

I waiting for an FF that can compare to FF7.

My rating: 3 out of 5.

I watch waaay too much X-Play.

Jack
09-14-2003, 03:39 PM
FF Xwill be the small can that you kisk down the road, until crumpled, crushed, and nonusable. Then us open it, and all the inside will spill out, creating an empty can, filled with drolets of good, hard liquid. That is what FF X-2 will be, a hollow shell of FFX.

Except, the can is being held by three nice looking women.

With weapons.

garnet-dagger82
09-21-2003, 03:45 AM
i think it looks good, but definately not the best, because its brought back that darn ATB battle system!!....... *ive had enough! grrr!* (cracks in two)

Kindo
09-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Definitely the worst FF ever.

Anubos
09-22-2003, 12:01 AM
No, not the best, but ehh not the worst
To me FF VIII is the best, and I would like a seual to it, mainly cause I wanna know what happends tot he chrs, and im tired of playing the same thing over and over, even tho I still will play it over and over cause it is my fav game of all time.
Confusing...Yes, but eh it makes since to me.

Radje
09-23-2003, 08:40 AM
I've gotta agree that it probably wont be the best but i reckon it'll be in the top 5 ^.^

To me either 7, 10 or 5 was the best. 7 had the best storyline and deepness in characters i guess.
5- had all the old fasioned fun to it. The 8 bit characters and their funny emotions *chuckles* It had the mean main boss and the fun of gilgamesh. A real challenge to play
10, i found, had the ability to grip me. I could actually feel everyone's emotions and ....bond with the characters i guess. I was in tears at the ending.

Which in general means i have faith in Square that it'll be atleast fun to play.

Skogs
09-25-2003, 09:26 PM
It looks ok, but it's not going to be a great game. Gamespy's preview says it's fun, but not as good as FFX. That seems about right.

Crono9051
09-29-2003, 12:47 AM
I already reserved Final Fantasy X-2. But not because of the graphics, the reason is the story. In my opinion FFX's ending did not feel like an ending. I was wondering what happens now, and I think that's what the majority of the people thought. That's probably why they decided to make a direct sequel. It will be fun to find out what happens in the end.

Also, I don't think it will be the best Final Fantasy ever. But it will probably outsell FFX because of the hype, like in Japan it sold over 2 million copies, I think.

Ouch!
10-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Personally, I rank FFX as one of the worst Final Fantasy games ever. I didn't like VIII because I didn't enjoy the plot. It was good in the beginning but faded into 'bleh' in the end. I wish I could say that much about X. It started like crap in the beginning and went to crappier in the end. It had potential, I'll give it that, but it was poorly presented.

I put FFIX as my favorite FF ever, simply because of it's likeness to the older Final Fantasy games, and also because of its kick ass plot. FFX sucked, FFX-2 will suck more and I'm glad they're not making a FFX-3.

FFboy4ever
10-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by m4tt
So it's good because FF10 was crap? From what I've seen it's just a re-hashed version of FFX. With less playable characters and more lame mini-games.
yeah it does only have 3 characters in the game but.....hello did you see them! Rikku, Yuna and Paine :love:

Ultros0
10-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Every single final fantasy is a work of art... I can relate my emotions in every one. Each one has great music. Who gives a :skull::skull::skull::skull: about publicity, when i got into final fantasy it had no publicity. ( ff1 ) Square has never failed to disappoint me. FFX was good. FFX-2 will bring final fantasy in another point of view yet add on more to FFX. Every time new final fantasy that came out i liked better than the one before... except i really liked 4 better than 6. 4 is the basis for final fantasy... imo... it's the roots of the modern ones.

edit: they are making ffx-3 it's a trilogy... when they made ffx they knew they were going to make a trilogy. Which makes me think this is going to be awesome for the story

Ultima_Paladin
11-03-2003, 03:07 AM
This game looks like it's going to be fun, but definitely not the best!