PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy never existed...

Rinna Lee
06-17-2003, 03:15 AM
What if Final Fantasy never existed??? What would you be playing instead??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pancaek
06-17-2003, 04:28 AM
I'd probably be playing Zelda and Mario, and I'd have a Gamecube instead of a PS2. Final Fantasy was what got me into RPGs and helped me break away from my diehard Nintendo loyalty. Not that there's anything really wrong with Nintendo, but I used to mindlessly hate Playstation for no apparent reason until I realized that Square wouldn't be coming back to Nintendo for a long long time.

crono_logical
06-17-2003, 07:23 AM
There's plenty of decent RPGs out there that are not FF, so I know there'll always be something to play :p And yes, Zelda too :p

JayLeno
06-17-2003, 08:50 AM
any of the grandia games.

Blackmage
06-17-2003, 02:41 PM
If I never ran into FF because it never existed, I'd probably be a big Sonic freak. Either that or I might've turned out totally different by never really getting into video games; there was like a 4 or 5 year interim in my life where I didn't play too many games because I didn't have a console; it was because of discovering FF7 at a friend's house that I went out and got a PSX, FF7, and FF8 with birthday money.

So what would I be doing had it never been for FF7? Actually doing my schoolwork and having a 4.0 GPA. But, since then, my grades have dropped and I am currently at a 2.8 GPA (And I'm in the gifted program, mind you.), two tenths short of what'll really help me out in getting into college. I might also still be overly obsessed with LEGOs. I might've discovered CCGs earlier in my life. And, what'd really scare me, but could also more than definitely be a possibility, is if I were to become...an...anime freak. *shudders*

Sleeps Eternally
06-17-2003, 05:53 PM
If FF never existed, I would have never existed....

Flying Mullet
06-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Dragon Warrior/Quest Series

Rude
06-17-2003, 06:21 PM
I'd still be playing the Quake series religiously.

zacks_clone
06-17-2003, 08:21 PM
...Zelda....I would also be an A+ student in all subjects,skipped a year and already be a sophmore in highschool by the end of the summer,and perhaps have double the amount of books i do now...

m4tt
06-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Rude
I'd still be playing the Quake series religiously.

Ah, same here. Probably would of gotten more into Diablo series, and WarCraft as well.

But then I wouldn't of met all the wonderful people here! Or some of them. :rolleyes2

Enigma
06-18-2003, 04:34 PM
I'd be playing Zelda and fighting games. Before I got into FF, I was into fighting games. Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and many fighting games for Super Ninentdo.

Liquid Glass
06-19-2003, 05:46 AM
If Final Fantasy never existed:

I never would have come here
The only Rpg I would know of would be Zelda.
I wouldn't have a wooden replica of Cloud's buster sword
I would become a complete Space freak, instead of just one.
Instead of playing final fantasy, or coming here I would be doing something else like reading a book, instead of reading eoff, or ff text.
I would die. :rolleyes:

There, happy?:D

Lost Heretic
06-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Zelda is in no way an RPG

I would most likely be playing games such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. I would also be playing more Counterstrike...alot more.

Pancaek
06-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Liquid Glass made me think of another point. Without Final Fantasy, my life seriously would be completely different. I'm not sure which alternative I'd prefer, but I think I'm better off right now than I would have been otherwise.

Blathnaid
06-20-2003, 06:08 PM
What if Final Fantasy never existed?

If Final Fantasy had never been made, then I probably wouldn't be into videogaming the way I am now. I would be a totally different person. How so you ask?

Final Fantasy VII was the game that changed me forever. Me and my friend saw it down at an old video store that went out of business (their selection of movies/games sucked). We had no idea what the hell Final Fantasy even was, so we saw the box art, read the back, and thought it sounded interesting. Can you believe I thought Final Fantasy was some kind of giant mech game when I first saw the box? (that's all they had there at the time) Having no memory card, we had to keep playing through Midgar each time. Untill, eventually, we were able to get to the world map for the first time, and then having to turn it off again.

Final Fantasy changed my total perspective on videogames. Sure I've played some here and there, but I've never really been a gamer untill then. It gave me the imagination boost I needed to try and create my own story equal to that of an FF (look for my stories later this year in the writing section of the board). It made me what I am today. A lazy ass videogamer with medicore intelligence.

I proabably would have turned into one of those people who just play fighting games and giant mech games, listen to heavy/death metal, wear all black, and are confused by deep storyline plots of love and tragedy. I like those kinds of movies, as well as action and comedy.

I probably would be a hell of a lot more social than I am now, and I probably wouldn't know you guys, or that this board even existed.

Playing Final Fantasy was the turning point in my life. If it didn't exist, then I don't even want to think where I'd be now.

Please, excuse me...

black orb
06-21-2003, 03:48 AM
>>> If Final fantasy had never existed, I would have a job and a girlfriend right now :laugh:

Vermachtnis
06-21-2003, 04:50 AM
If Final Fantasy never existed I wouldn't be interested in swords that much (And if ya know me that's a scary thought).
I wouldn't try to make an axe into a Keyblade replica(Cause ya know Final Fantasy is what saved Square's ass).
I wouldn't have even thought of a 7ft mesamune.
I wouldn't have the friends I have.
Worst of all I would have never heard these two quotes
"You Spoony Bard!" (Tellah FF4)
"Shit! Shit! Shit! What the hell is with this place!" (Cid FF7)

Mo-Nercy
06-21-2003, 11:06 AM
I made this thread ages ago. ehehhe...histroy repeats itself...

Anyway, I was the best at Tekken until I played Final Fantasy. So I guess, I'd be the king of Tekken if I stuck to it. I still play on occasions though. I would've taken Soul Calibur more seriously, now, I'm really really bad at Soul Calibur II. I guess, I would've studied and stuff too.

Mr. Graves
06-21-2003, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't be as much into video gaming as I am now, If not for FF.

DMKA
06-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, I wouldn't be an RPG freak for one. I would be playing my ocassional fighting games (I was a Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat addict). Well not really an addict, I just played them when I was bored......i mean, gaming wasn't a significant portion of my life. So I would be playing fighting games, and not spending as much time playing video games as I do (RPGs are far more time consumeing than other games).

And yeah, on top of it all, I'm an anime freak.

DJZen
06-23-2003, 09:03 PM
If there was no FF, Square woulda gone outta business in 1987 when the only games they had made were like King's Knight, Rad Racer and Jumpin' Jack. They woulda been known for making oddball niche games, which is what RPGs were for a good long time. Anyway, FF6 is what REALLY turned me on to RPGs, but I'm sure I woulda picked up Paladin's Quest or a DQ/DW game at some point. I've been playing paper and pencil (read: REAL) RPGs since I was about 7, mostly homebrewn creations but fun games nonetheless. My videogame obsessions would probably be limited to Street Figher/King of Fighters and DDR. I'd probably be more creative too, as I wouldn't have an RPG made by someone else to drool over, so I'd probably make my own (tried to do it anyway). I wish I had less desire to stay in this musty basement....

MJN SEIFER
06-28-2003, 12:56 PM
I'd probably suicide myself!

Book
06-28-2003, 02:12 PM
If it never excisted I would probably not be playing RPG games at all.

Shuin
06-28-2003, 05:06 PM
No FF mean whole game world vanished

Linus
06-28-2003, 05:23 PM
I'd be in a Satanic cult and praise the almighty Dark Lord, Ronald McDonald.

Kayin
06-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Two words: Guilty Gear.

Advent Child
06-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Sleeps Eternally
If FF never existed, I would have never existed....

so your parents were sitting there playing FF when a heart-felt moments came along and they AGE WARNINGhad spur-of the moment unprotected sex?

Anyways i don't play much FF nowadays anyways. i'd play Kingdom Hearts and Talesweaver.

Vermachtnis
06-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Uh...lj I dun wanna burst your bubble or anything, but no FF means no Square-Soft and that means no Kingdom Hearts. Hey I should add that to my list.

I can't play Kingdom Hearts

ZeZipster
06-29-2003, 04:34 AM
.Hack and Morrowind.

Advent Child
06-29-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Omni Legacy
Uh...lj I dun wanna burst your bubble or anything, but no FF means no Square-Soft and that means no Kingdom Hearts. Hey I should add that to my list.

I can't play Kingdom Hearts

he didn't say chain reaction non-exitsance. you suck.

Sephex
06-29-2003, 09:42 AM
All the other games I own besides Final Fantasy. Yeah I am lazy right now...give me a break!

playaGAW
07-01-2003, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't be wasting time on this damn website with you losers. I don't think thatmuch would change for me.