PDA

View Full Version : Coolest looking attack

Reine
06-17-2003, 05:10 AM
Out of all the attacks in FF6, what do you rate as the coolest looking attack?

My favorites are Flare Star, Quasar and Goner.
Whenever I have Gau in my party, I always have him use the Io Rage, as he uses Flare Star.

So whats your opinion? It can be any attack in the game

Daryl
06-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Since when were there limit breaks in FFVI?

I like Ultima, it kills things dead.

Strider
06-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm guessing he means the near fatal attacks?

Out of those, probably Flare Star. Outside of that, there's one attack that Atma and Atma Weapon can do that inflict a heck of a lot of status effects. Plus, it looks cool doing it. It's called. . .Mind-something. . .

m4tt
06-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Daryl

Since always? :P

Shock is teh best.

BG-57
06-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I'll go with a classic. I just love Ultima! It's like making your foes see stars inside a mushroom cloud! :save:

crono_logical
06-17-2003, 03:06 PM
I don't think I've even seen all of the ones on the list :p

I'll have to go with Cyan's SwdTechs though, they're simple but good, especially the last one when the enemy sprite slices in half, that's an interesting effect for the console :p

MJN SEIFER
06-17-2003, 03:20 PM

It's when you HP is dangerously low (Like 1HP) and ou choose attack and you may do a special move I have only ever seen this with Locke but I guess the others do it to! (Mirage saved my life against tunnel amour!!)

DocFrance
06-17-2003, 05:13 PM
All the characters except Gau and Umaro have special desperation moves (I guess you could call them Limit Breaks). If their HP goes blow 1/8 of their max, then there is a 1 in 27 chance that instead of attacking they will use their Limit Break. This will ususally kill everything on the screen.

Psychotic
06-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Why the hell isn't Gogo's "limit" X-Meteo in this poll? Well?

Reine
06-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Limit Breaks goes for all of them (Yes, I do mean the critical moves). I havent seen X-Meteo yet, Psychotic, but by what you are saying, it must be cool. X-Meteo would go under Limit Breaks. Ultima wasnt THAT good a performance, compared to Quasar, Goner and Flare Star

MJN SEIFER
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
This will ususally kill everything on the screen.

exactly I once managed to kill Vargas before Sabin appeard with the help of Locke's Mirage attack so only a few selected points appeard!!

Edgar
06-19-2003, 08:09 AM
All of sabin's attacks are cool looking imho