PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I help.

JayLeno
06-17-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm playing through Origins now... And I want to know which 4 characters are best to start out with... My last set up was a failure :( It was: White mage, thief, warrior, black mage...

FuSoYa
06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Well, that's the party I usually go with. It's really the standard party used most (maybe with a Monk instead of a thief but pretty close).

It was: White mage, thief, warrior, black mage...
Did you actually have them in that order? Because I always put my Warrior & Thief at the top. I don't know it makes any difference or not but I do that because I think most monsters will attack those slots and those characters can take more punishment.

What happened to make this party a failure? How far into it did you get?

Flying Mullet
06-17-2003, 03:29 PM
The order that your members are in does make a difference. You want your strongest member first(warrior/fighter) and your weakest in the back(black mage). The members in the front of the party get attacked more often than the members in the rear.

Kirkpatrick
06-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Any party wirh F/?/WM/BM is nice and strong (That's Fighter, Anything, White Mage, Black Mage) and will get you through the game nicely.
I think the statistics for who gets hit are:
1st Slot: 50%
2nd Slot: 25&
3rd Slot: 12.5%
4th Slot: 12.5%

Sephiroth_lord940
06-17-2003, 10:55 PM
I read somewhere that when an enemy attacks, the game randomly chooses a number between 1 and 8. Then it attacks as follows:

1st slot: 1-4
2nd slot: 5-6
3rd slot: 7
4th slot: 8

Dr Unne
06-18-2003, 02:25 AM
F/Th/WM/BM is very good. F/F/WM/BM or F/RM/WM/BM are also good. Especially for beginners. Or F/F/F/RM.

black orb
06-18-2003, 02:28 AM
>>> Use this party FI/FI/RM/RM, no matter how much you suck for ff1, you have great chances to beat the game with that. this dudes are a bit expensive though..

Sephiroth_lord940
06-18-2003, 02:34 AM
I usually do Fi (Warrior)/BB (Monk)/WM/BM

IRECKONBO
06-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JayLeno
I'm playing through Origins now... And I want to know which 4 characters are best to start out with... My last set up was a failure :( It was: White mage, thief, warrior, black mage...

That party blows big time. IMO its one of the worst parties you can take. I mean why the hell would you want to take 2 weak crappy people with one strong and one sorta strong? Do yourself a favor and never use that party again. I suggest that you take my personal favorite which is a Fighter/Thief/BB/RedMage. In this party you have all strong characters. In the beggining it is KIND OF weak but not really. Once you get class change you will be unstoppable.

the blitzer
06-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Well the orignal party you have is good in this order fighter, theif, white mage, black mage and also this patry is good probally better: fighter, red mage, black belt, white mage.

Rude
06-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Any party that consists of Fighter is pretty mundane, but Fighter also makes the game easier... so if you want to have an easy go at it, throw 2 or 3 fighters in there. The other classes you can just fill in with whatever you so desire.

my 2 cents anyway

Garland
06-19-2003, 07:50 AM
You aught to do yourself a favor and bring a Fighter and a White Mage. They're the only two classes that could be argued as essential. Any others are just a matter of preference. If you're playing on Origins, know that the Thief is no longer any better of a runner than any other class. I'm not saying you can't pick him, but do it for some other reason than running successfully. I try and think of him as an investment towards a Ninja.

IRECKONBO
06-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Garland
You aught to do yourself a favor and bring a Fighter and a White Mage. They're the only two classes that could be argued as essential. Any others are just a matter of preference. If you're playing on Origins, know that the Thief is no longer any better of a runner than any other class. I'm not saying you can't pick him, but do it for some other reason than running successfully. I try and think of him as an investment towards a Ninja.

Why would anyone bring a White Mage instead of a Red Mage? The WM blows compared to him. The ONLY thing the WM has better is HP and magic point gain. Everything else is not needed. The Rm has WAY better attack, can use both black and white magic (as im sure everyone knows) lvls 1-7 which is MORE then enough. I dont see why anyone would take a character who will be weak from beggining to end over a character who will be strong. Yeah the WM gets FADE and LIFE2 but so what? The RM gets LIFE and ICE3 which is more then enough.

JayLeno
06-20-2003, 08:03 AM
yea my new game consists of, 2 fi, 1 rm, and 1 bm

Dragonfire
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
I usually do the 8bit theater party, when I'm not doin some sort of challange in that game. Fighter, Theif, Red Mage, Black Mage. But, my party doesn't matter to me, caus I've beaten the game with almost every challenge party there is. With the exception of solo White Mage (became extremely boring, and time consuming.)

JayLeno
06-22-2003, 03:59 AM
argh... this game is getting hard... I'm about to go into a volcano, and I got the canoe... but I get messed up going to the volcano !!!

BG-57
06-22-2003, 07:03 PM
I had a party of Fighter, Monk, Red Mage and Theif. It worked out well. The Monk is especially good against bosses with a high defense. The Fighter has a great attack and defense. Red Mage is a decent fighter and spellcaster. The Theif came into his own with the class change.

Of course, I was playing in easy mode, so a different party may be better in normal mode.

DJZen
06-23-2003, 08:20 PM
It's simple. If the game is hard, gain a couple levels then try again. Now, if you're playing Wm/Wm/Wm/Wm then you might want to try gaining 10 levels before trying again at anything.....

IRECKONBO
06-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by BG-57
I had a party of Fighter, Monk, Red Mage and Theif. It worked out well. The Monk is especially good against bosses with a high defense. The Fighter has a great attack and defense. Red Mage is a decent fighter and spellcaster. The Theif came into his own with the class change.

Of course, I was playing in easy mode, so a different party may be better in normal mode.

No on normal mode that party still kicks @$$. Its WAY better then a FT/TH/WM/BM party.

Originally posted by Dr Unne
F/Th/WM/BM is very good. F/F/WM/BM or F/RM/WM/BM are also good. Especially for beginners. Or F/F/F/RM.

You forgot a party. FT/BB/WM/BM.