PDA

View Full Version : FF 1 Boat Puzzle

JayLeno
06-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Is there some trick to this puzzle.... It's really getting on my nerves...

I need money, but this thing is almost impossible... I managed to finish it once under 6 minutes but got 2000 gil...

I'm talking about the 15 numbers puzzle on the ship.

FuSoYa
06-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, it's kind of hard to explain this without being able to actually show you how I do it, but I'll give it a try.

First off, you can save a little bit of time by moving several tiles at once. For example, if you have the empty slot in the bottom left space, you can move 3 tiles at once by moving either the top left or bottom right tiles. That comes in handy and will save you a little bit of time.

What I usually do is look for the 1 tile first. Once I find it, I find the 2 tile and move it beside the 1. I do the same with the 3 & 4. You have to move them beside each other in such a way that you can move that whole row into the top at once.

That's really the best advice I can give you without going into huge detail using a sample puzzle. I guess the best thing I could tell you would be to try and get these whole rows together and move them into place at once instead of just getting inidvidual tiles where they should go. I think I've gotten around 1 minute on this, but I've heard someone say they did it in 36 seconds :whoa:

JayLeno
06-17-2003, 08:36 PM
It gets harder once I get down to the last 2 rows... the 9-15...

When it gets down to those last 2... Do i only move the tiles from those 2 rows... or do i have to move tiles from the other 3 also?

Flying Mullet
06-17-2003, 08:39 PM
The easiest way to get the last row, and the last two rows, in order is through trial and error. Asking someone to tell you how to make them all line up is like asking someone to explain how to solve a rubik's cube with out any pictures or diagrams. It's just too hard. Sorry, but trial and error is going to be your best friend in this situation.

Sephiroth_lord940
06-18-2003, 03:44 AM
Well you're better than me... I don't have the patience to get past the second row or so. I suck at those freakin things.

IRECKONBO
06-18-2003, 04:39 PM
That boat game really isnt that hard after a while. But if you really need help then you should head over to the gamefaqs message board. The people there have some good strat. Though i never used them. My best time is 48 secs BTW.

JayLeno
06-18-2003, 08:38 PM
48 seconds!!!!

it takes me that long just to do the first row.