PDA

View Full Version : Cait Sith... (Spoilers)

Auron_Kotetsu
06-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Okay, this has been bothering me for a long time now. Cait Sith. What's the deal with that guy? I really don't get it. So you go to the Temple of the Ancients, and his stuffed body gets squished. He gets all melodramatic about it, though, as if he's finished at this point. The first time this happened, i started to think that he was going to kick off before Aeris was. So then he gets smooshed. 5 seconds later, another one waddles right over! "Howdy, I'm Cait Sith No. 2!" Confusion ensues.

Isn't Cait Sith just a mechanimagical something-or-other that's piloted by Reeve from Shinra HQ? And if that's the case, then why in the hell does he gain a southwestern speech mode when he gets a new body? Reeve doesn't
turn all Texan! Or is Cait Sith actually a being, in which case, it DID matter whether or not he got smooshed into Black Materia? THIS BOTHERS ME, PEOPLE! Like, when i'm standing in line at the bank i think about this kind of thing!

I HAD A LIFE ONCE! DAMN YOU, SQUARESOFT! DAMN YOU!!!

*regains composure*

Anyway... ahem... yeah... anyone got any insight? Or am i really the first loser to think that hard about it? Responses, people, responses!

P.S. Anyone ever have that thing happen where you think too much about a word, and suddenly you can't remember what that word means, or if it's even one? That just happened with "spoiler". Totally irrelevant.

Liquid Glass
06-17-2003, 11:39 PM
I think it was just one of those moments...where you say howdy. Like some of those moments IRL when you say 'Yo.'

Otherwise, I have no clue.

zacks_clone
06-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Yes.i have thought about this.It could be one of those moments like Liquid Glass said,or it could be that reeve just became more comphortable around cloud and crew so he lossened up abit....

Big D
06-18-2003, 02:02 AM
OK, the deal with the two accents... that was supposed to make Reeve and Cait Sith distinct from one another. There's that one time where Reeve's talking to Scarlet and Heidegger; Scarlet laughs at him for speaking strangely. Basically, Reeve was getting a bit frantic and accidentally used his 'Cait Sith voice' with his colleauges. This is supposed to be the scene which confirms for AVALANCHE that Cait Sith and Reeve are actually one and the same.

It lost a bit in the translation, though. 'Kishi knows the full story.

DocFrance
06-18-2003, 04:30 AM
I guess it would make more sense if there had been voice acting way back when. Ít's sort of hard to "read" a southern accent.

Big D
06-18-2003, 08:29 AM
If the translators had been more consistent and thorough, it could've worked fine.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-18-2003, 01:54 PM
See, the thing is, they pulled off the southern accent, with him saying stuff like, "i ain't never gonna forget all you folks, or this here trip, neither... none of it!" i just don't get WHY his personality shifts, if he's not really something with a personality.