PDA

View Full Version : Perfect dream storyline for wish FFVII-2

hydan
06-18-2003, 12:49 PM
yo, check this out...
Perfect storyline for FFVII-2...

Yu play as Reeve ,first of all evacuating the citizens of Midgar and reviving the turks who join ure party...(excluding Tseng...derr), after leaving midgar yu guide the refugees to Kalm town.Life goes on. 5 years pass and no sign of Cloud and co. since holy/lifestream stopped meteor. A normally quiet young girl named Marlene falls into a shining trance state,
muttering the words of the Sephiroth theme. To ease the fears of the townspeople Reeve is sent to take her away from town and banish her and her demons. As Reeve pushes Marlene into the zolom swamp a white light catches the fall and places her safely on the ground. That's when 12 moogles appear and transport Marlene away singing words of "she is the last...Kupo..."etc....
Reeve travels back to Kalm to investigate Marlene's background. An old lady claiming to have cared for Marlene says the young girl reminded her of another.(Old lady would suffer dementia).Convinced to know what's going on, Reeve travels to the ruins of Midgar,previously taboo. Reeve uncovers some of hojo's documents on Aeris detailing strange behaviour and surrounding auras. Reeve realises Marlene is of aincent blood,and travels the changed and more indepth FFVII world to find Barret whom Reeve believes is Marlene's father. At the Gold saucer he would discover Dyne was her real father, then believing whoever was Marlene's mother was an aincent.
However trouble boils when Hojo's former assistant and cripled Rufus continue Hojo's work attempting to recreate Sephirioth...To skip the drama, i say the new Sephiroth would actually be spawn of Aeris.Defeat the Ultimate Aeris to free her spirit allowing her to rest indefinitely, defeat Shinra forever, and guide Marlene (the true last aincent) to her destiny as true heir to the planet.

Characters would be:
Reeve
Reno
Rude
Elena
Cait Sim (new version of Cait Sith with full custom body)
Marlene
Aiden (possible relative seeking Zach and the truth)
Caulde (brother of Cloud, can't get alond Aiden)
Mog 1
Mog 2
Mog 3
etc...

Needs...
New materia/items/skills/
New wpns/battle system
Same locations just new versions plus new locations/people/mini-games etc...

..if yu need me to explain things better or fill in blanks just holla.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-18-2003, 02:09 PM
At the risk of seeming like an ass...

it wouldn't work. First off, Marlene is the daughter of either Barret or Dyne (i'm STILL not sure which... ) and sure as hell neither of them nor the people they found in Corel were of Ancient lineage. It sounds to me like you just got done playing IX, where moogles play an actual role, and trance states happen. It just... erm... this is the kind of sequel i'm afraid of them making. Nuff said.

hydan
06-18-2003, 02:18 PM
obviously Dyne and Barret aren't aincents, but what's to say that that the mother isn't Aincent.
Facts:
a)Dyne was Marlene's biological father
b)Marlene went to the old lady that raised Aeris and never seen again in play
c)Marlene was in Kalm looking out a window(Last FMV) and said "The flower lady...??" (derr...Aeris)
d)that storyline would rock and yu know it
e)i'm too lazy to bother finishing FF9,because it's lost and i can't find another copy in my crappy country,i'm too cheap to buy it off the net(need credit card).

Enigma
06-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Sounds pretty good but two complaints. I don't like the idea of Aeris returning as the main villian. To even be able to TOUCH Sephiroth's evilness, she'd have to be a mad killer and do alot of shitty shit to piss you off. And Aeris could never do that. It's like "Watch, Reeve, There's the evil Flower Girl!!"

And my other would be that I'd like to know happened to the others and I'd like to play as them again. FF7 wouldn't be FF7 without the other characters from the previous FF7.

Maxico
06-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Im pretty sure cloud is a single child.

?

remi07
06-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Your story line sounds good to me. I don't like the thing with Aeris being villin though.

Psychotic
06-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Moogles in FFVII don't say kupo, they just make weird noises... and they eat kupo nuts.

Max
06-18-2003, 07:28 PM
reeve as the main charecter is not a good idea.

PhoenixAsh
06-18-2003, 08:29 PM
I liked the idea of Aeris as the bad guy, I also think it would open up Sephiroth to be the good guy he could have been had he not been a puppet to Jenova.

Three problems:

I'm almost certain Cloud was an only child.

How can Reeve AND Cait Sim be in the same party?

Marlene getting cast out seemed a bit out of FFVII style to me, as did Reeve trying to throw her in a swamp. That definately felt FFVIish I thought.

Sephiroth_lord940
06-19-2003, 01:02 AM
That's pretty good, although it has a few errors in it.
Aeris... a villian? Nah, doesn't seem likely. She's nowhere, and could never be, nearly as badass as Sephiroth.
Also, a crippled Rufus? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he (SPOILER) killed by Diamond Weapon?
Thius would make great fanfiction, but IMHO, it just wouldn't work as a game. Great idea tho.

duo_1002
06-19-2003, 03:33 AM
I have my own Idea for a sequel. In a few days I'll be posting my FanFic (which was said to be good on other forums) for your enjoyment. It focuses mostly on Tifa, Vincent and Reeve. It takes place 6 years after the events surrounding meteor. It deals with the inner demons of the characters, and how their lives and ambitions have been ripped away since the ordeal.

Sorceress Fujin
06-19-2003, 05:43 AM
Except for the part about Rufus (because he was killed by Diamond Weapon ) this sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of Reeve having a more prominent role--he was just too underappreciated, and (at the risk of sounding like an obsessed fangirl) he's damn sexy to boot! See this page (http://www.clix.to/reeve) if you don't believe me.

Anyway, the idea of Marlene being the last Ancient seems a little far-fetched because Aeris was supposed to be the last Ancient. The game explicitly says so. If Marlene was an Ancient, the Shinra would have pursued her the same way they did Aeris.

Overall this is good, but as previously stated, it would make a better fanfic than a game.

hydan
06-19-2003, 02:44 PM
thanx for the feedback...
i must rectify sum of these probs thou by explaining:
Cait Sim would be fully self controlled (i.e Reeve's new technology)
Ok the exiling Marlene was a bit rushed,mayB i'll cum up with sumthing better.
Rufus was hit but that's not to say he definitely died.
In time i can cum up with an excuse to why Shinra didn't identify Marlene as aincent. Perhaps coz she was always with Avalanche.
As for Aeris being bad...NO!! Not bad but twisted,it wouldn't be HER it would be clone/jenova versions of her.
Cloud being an only child was never official. (hangon maybe a hot sister would be better than a same old brother.)
Whatever....might email this to SQUARESOFT.

Dragonfire
06-19-2003, 03:10 PM
I like the idea of using Reeve, but you would have to get rid of cait sith. I thought they should have had him playable in ff7, or at least join you on the highwind, after meteor is summoned. He could have controlled Cait Sith from there.

Rufus was definitely killed. He was incinerated by one of Diamond Weapon's blasts. Even if he survived the blast (highly unlikely), he would have been laying there for days without help and would have easily died.

Sephiroth_lord940
06-19-2003, 03:36 PM
It doesn't have to tell you that Rufus died... there's no way in hell he could have survived a direct hit like that.

zacks_clone
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
heyyyy,for a follow up story,this doesnt sound at all bad...Im just not a big fan of follow ups...

Personaly i feel a prequil should be made.I mean,on the war or all the battles to follow it.We already know yuffies home town was the enemy,yes?it would be quite a sinch

PhoenixAsh
06-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Okay just as a note about Rufus.

You can survive plenty of much closer Weapon attacks in battle.

Even outside of battle, look how far Cloud falls into the church, he then gets up and runs around unaffected.
Vincent is alive.
You're entire party can survive a huge crash off the snowboard landing several hundred metres away, again unaffected.
Barret's fall into a canyon after losing a limb (not sure about how big a fall it was I forgot).

Basically Rufus being crippled doesn't seem that far-fetched in FFVII's world to me.

zacks_clone
06-19-2003, 09:40 PM
note: i didnt think BARRET fell.Dyne did...but,your right.that is true...

Auron_Kotetsu
06-19-2003, 11:07 PM
couple of more things:

The Turks are a Shinra organization. With Shinra having gone under, there would be no Turks.

Why is Midgar being evacuated? I mean... it wasn't evacuated at the end of the game when Meteor was gonna fall on it, so what could POSSIBLY be happening that they would be evacuating now?

Rufus is dead and buried under his building. Granted, yes, there are points in the game where people fall a long freakin way, and yes, you get hit pretty bad by WEAPON when you fight him, but no one gets shot in the chest by a WEAPON missile, falls to the ground from the 69th floor of abuilding, has said building fall on top of them, and still walks away from it. And BTW... Dyne's second fall WAS fatal, even though all those other ones weren't.

Moogles are basically animals in this world, not actualy intelligent things that play a role. All they do is make those weird dripping noises.

And Cloud's having a sibling is about as plausible as Little Joe Young's existence after King Kong... i mean, they had him visit his house during the flashback, his mam's there, i think he even says at some point "I lived alone with my mom". Trying to mesh a sibling into the storyline wouldn't work. It would have to be like, "Who are you?" "I'm Cloud's brother." "Huh? How come Cloud never mentioned you?" "Ummm... Hey! Look over there!"

and yeah, it was Dyne that fell. Prolly hit his head somewhere on the way down, that's why he cracked.

PhoenixAsh
06-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Actually if we're gonna be picky, we did just assume Dyne dies, I don't think a body was ever seen.

Demitri_Maximov
06-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry, but...I just could never see this storyline happening...ever. You don't see a lot of things happen, but they do, ok? I think Auron Kotetsu said it best with his, "Rufus is dead and buried under his building. Granted, yes, there are points in the game where people fall a long freakin way, and yes, you get hit pretty bad by WEAPON when you fight him, but no one gets shot in the chest by a WEAPON missile, falls to the ground from the 69th floor of abuilding, has said building fall on top of them, and still walks away from it." HOOWAAA! Eh...er...yeah. Well anyways, Rufus is dead, end of story. Aeris was the last ancient, also end of story. I don't like follow up things where they have to make excuses for the last game for it to work (i.e.: having to say why they never knew that Marlene was an ancient). LIke people have said earlier, it would make an alright story, but pigs would fly out of my ass before I would buy the game. It just...isn't worthy of having Final Fantasy VII put on it. Just my opinion though.

Lost Heretic
06-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Ah, I really don't think that this would make a good story. There are far too many problems with continuity.

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
Vincent is alive.

Actually, Vincent is not alive...er...well he's 'Unliving'...a lich one could say. Atleast, thats what I believe. Vincent is a character of mystery, I only wish that there was more to find out about him.

Reeve seems like a person to help out from his desk. If I remember correctly, you never actually see him outside of the shinra buidling, unless you're seeing cait sith.

zacks_clone
06-20-2003, 02:25 AM
SPOILERS BELOW!READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

...well....if we need a villian,just think of Hojos lab,and all the chemicals...when the Wepon blew up the shinra building that stuf must have broken lose,spilled,what ever.You never did know what was in there.We were shown little of the shinra building and little of what was in that lab(to a close up,full extent).So,say that the lab was destroyed.There are chemicals and test subjects either Dead,alive,geneticly altered,spilled,you name it all mixed together in the rubble...Think of what could happen if somthing got into this stuff...a)it would die B) it may mutait.Theres a new breed of enemy for you.Pluse it could go inot the ground,getting into the water,so some of the people would be effected too,yes no?Watia(yuffies home town) could possably be the enemy aswell.They could try and take over again.Another war?Perhaps.Then,ofcourse there are the clones.though we think(THINK!) that all assembled for the reunion,we cannot be sure.It doesnt SAY all of them are there,and it also doesnt say if Sephiorth was the only clone,or person experimented with cloning.It aslo doesnt say how many clones there are...What if one got into power?Or,what if it didnt come into power,but took over cloud again(like Jenova did sephiroth).Cloud seemed stable and totaly normal again by the ened,but if somone as cleaver as sephiroth tampered with his head,who knows what could happen.Cloud could possably rise to power?Would they have to kill him?Maybe.Save him from himself?Maybe.And in the menwhile this sepiroth clone could slowly be rising to power...

theres my little idea.:P

Enigma
06-20-2003, 03:50 AM
^^Now some of those could become nice storylines. The Sephiroth/Jenova followers (some think are clones) could do some weird ritual and revive Jenova or her cells or something.

The Hojo's chemicals thing could be alright I guess. Maybe some Jenova cells are in a test tube and then get attacked by Diamond Weapon's missiles which could possibly have Mako in it, reviving the cells.

There's plenty of possibilities that could maybe turn into a good story.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-20-2003, 08:15 AM
*sigh*
if you want to read more stuff like this, i'm sure they're loaded with it at fanfiction.net

hmm... okay, i'm going to put my head to it and come up with something i think would work. cause i've been being a jerk and shredding on this poor guy's story. so i'll put myself up for the same. we'll see what happens.

but i think the key would be to completely lose the whole jenova 'n ancients thing.

we'll see where this goes... ;-)

zacks_clone
06-20-2003, 05:59 PM
well,i just threw out some random things for a villan.maybe i should go and try to come up with a story aswell...

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 11:11 PM
well i think that the 1st story line is bull
aeris:
1)aeris IS sacred her bein da bad guy is like pissin on jesus' corpse
2) all the criticizers have been overlooking the fact that aeris is kinda, well...DEAD
she got stabbed thru the heart with a masamune by one of the most uber guys on the planet

reeve:bigger role, yeh i could bear that but main character no way he's just too out of place

marlene: ancient? nah! thrown in swamp? pissing on jesus' grave

moogles:there arent any in ff7 they r mogs and they don't say frickin' kupo

midgar: entering=taboo? meh; possibly but it just aint ff7 style

where was aeris' surrounding aura???

crippled rufus: it just aint gonna happen. You say people survive these falls? you actually see the state he was in when he fell??? plus rufus is wet and a 10 ft drop wud kill him

SPOILER cloud is a zack clone u find that out if u go to the mansion(in neibelheim) later on i dont no wot u hav to of done tho

and UBER SPOILER ABOUT END SEQUENCE at the end after holy an everythin you are lead to believe that all humans were deamed unworthy therefore being "gotten rid of" by the planet as there is only red13 left and his kids and no one has tried to rebuild midgar

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 11:14 PM
and to ZACKS_CLONE

its goin to sci-fi. wutai making war? possibly but they shudnt be the bad guys, not after yuffie

sephiroth killed all the clones when he no longer needed them at the gathering remember?

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 11:20 PM
i think i might make a story up aswell but be warned as i hav an active imagination so i might jus whip u all to oblivian

Maxico
06-21-2003, 12:06 PM
whoa whoa whoa. one_winged_angle

1. dont double, tripple, quadrupal, ect... post. just edit your last one

2. try to make your posts easier to read.

3. when you want to do a spoiler just do this [*spoiler] put text here [*/spoiler]. (without the stars)

ok, now ive stopped being an jerk. cloud is not a clone of zack. they we both injured then experimented on by hojo. if they were clones cloud wouldn't of reacted to jenova cells like zack. and cloud was around before that happend. on another note it doesn't say that the followers were clones or that there are any clones in the game. and they wern't killed they were abosrbed by jenova

zacks_clone
06-21-2003, 07:23 PM
its goin to sci-fi. wutai making war? possibly but they shudnt be the bad guys, not after yuffie

Wutai DID wage war!!!!DID YOU PAY NO ATTENTION!?!And yuffie is an enemy,in a sense.she is after their matera after all,and though she joins with them does not mean she is pure good.

and as for the clones,that is somthing we dont know.they never said they all apeared,or how many clones were there...

and its praticaly sci-fi already!!!!!!

Mortellia
06-22-2003, 01:02 AM
if you think about it, anything's possible. Square could do whatever they want to do. A sequel would completely destroy the open ending of the original. did humans survive or not? (remember the laughing at the end? it could be humans or red's kids)
A prequel would explain some things. Prehaps a Wutai war sequence? PLaying from another viewpoint would be cool. Sephiroth maybe? What went on before he was a 'hero'?

Then again, they may never make one. Well, we never expected a X-2, so a VII-2 (or prequel) isnt too farfetched.

PhoenixAsh
06-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Sephiroth isn't "one of the most uber guys on the planet" either, he's just whipped by Jenova.

I still think he'd be a good party member, and I think Aeris would make a kick ass bad guy, she'd have to go through something, like black magic style, or when she returned from the lifestream her soul stayed in there. But seriously how creepy could she be, just a slight evil grin on those close up shots she gets.

zacks_clone
06-22-2003, 04:07 AM
Begining: fmv flashbacks of the destruction of the shinra building by weapon,holy and meteors destruction of it aswell.These flashbacks dissapear suddenly to show cloud opening his eyes.Perhaps some dialog here about what had happened or what may happen somthing along those lines.As he is 'speaking' or 'thinking' the close up of clouds face goes outward to show a building in calm and suddenly goes to flying from calm over the hills and things to Midgar where the FMV hovers over the city for a moment befor a small movment somwhere on the screan suddenly causes it to zoom into this spot.Possobly a peice of rubble moving...

and thats my begining start.Cloud and Tifa(or just cloud) have/had been hearing weird things from the townspeople and travelers about weird things happening near midgar.At the same moment,half way accrose the world Vincent with another memebr of the original 'group'(maybe)is in nebelam.He/they have been living in the shinra manchian and have been hearing strange things in the basment,but have searched several times for this werid noise creator.

the game would possobly start(with you playing a character) in the room cloud is staying in.There would be a letter addressed to him that he is reading from vincent at the manchien about these sounds he has heard.You would then leave the room and house eventually to talk to people in the town...most are descussing the topic of the weirrd activitys of late from midgar.Clouds couriousity would get the better of him and you and tifa(possobly) would go and check out this activity.

you would go to check this activity and find a strangly altered person.The person has been altered by the many chemicals that had spilt from the shinra building.

you would then try and help this person,but they would simply fade and dissapear,much like sephiroth did when possed by jenova,leading you as cloud and cloud to figure out this cause,for it could become a danger.

i think after a discusion with tifa about this(or a mental one with himself) cloud would fall asleep thinking and dreaming of this being.It would then switch to vincent in the shinra manchinen.and FMV scean would send you traveling from kalm to this place.It would go through a window to vincents eyes closed face.You would then take over his character and examine the basment with a hearing of moans not too long later.It would most likely be cid with you,and shera(as a playable character later perhaps).The three decide it is time to tell cloud about this moaning,for shera beleves it is saying somthing...and vincent(thought he shall not say) has been hearing things in his dreams.this moans turned into words....

my begining:p

Max
06-22-2003, 04:27 AM
I wouldnt like playin as the shinra charecters

JMcConnor
06-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah...and just because it's a sequel, doesn't mean it has to take place after the very end of the game, with the '500 years later' thing. Square could have it take place right after Holy destroyed Meteor.

I'm sure Square could come up with a completely new addition to the story, while still having the original '500 years later' ending still be applicable

James McConnor

Auron_Kotetsu
06-22-2003, 03:49 PM
the thing to keep in mind is that if they made it before the "500 years later" bit, then the world's safety is guaranteed, because we saw it at that point. That would mean that anyhting that we could be trying to prevent wouldn't be that earth-shattering.

honestly, i don't think there's a good sequel possible for this game. i loved the characters, and i do dearly wish their stories would continue, but... it just isn't possible. i've been racking my brain trying to come up with something i think works... and nothing does. (i don't count what's written here as "working". no offense, i just don't think any of it does.)

zacks_clone
06-22-2003, 05:25 PM
hmm..yeah,your right.i think parts would possobly work,or maybe even be in the next game(if there is one),but other then that...the storys really dont work well...

alright...WELL now lets all go out and right fan fics over these!;)

Enigma
06-22-2003, 05:32 PM
I made my own storyline up and I think it’s pretty good.

The opening FMV starts with the camera of gray clouds in the sky covering the whole screen. The camera looks down and it’s over a trashed Midgar. It zooms in onto a street. It’s apparently the same street that we first see Aeris in FFVII. The camera goes down to the street level. We see feet running out of an alley on the hard stone and cement street of Midgar, which is deserted, as it begins to rain.
We hear a female voice calling out “Cloud! Cloud!” The feet run past the camera and the camera rises to see the back of a female with long brown hair. The female stops, looks forward and sees a huge aircraft, The Highwind, planted nose first into the ground. She looks for about 5 seconds and runs towards the aircraft, climbs on the side of it, and attempts to open the battered door. Behind her, a male voice says “Tifa!” “Cloud?” Tifa says and turns around. But she sees Barret. He says “Where is Cloud?” She turns back around, lets go of the door, and says slowly “I don’t know.” Ending the FMV.
Afterwards, Tifa and Barret have a conversation about how the Meteor exploded and knocked the Highwind out of the air, ejecting everyone out of the plane. You see some flashbacks as Barret and Tifa talk. Then after they stop talking, You gain control of Tifa and you have to exit Midgar. On the World Map, they find Cloud’s Buster Sword and a note, telling them to go to the Swamp. You can either go to Kalm to get supplies or go straight there. They head there and go to the Chocobo Farm and see that all of the Chocobos are dead. They go to the Marsh and see a man who looks like Cloud but with black hair. It turns out to be Zack and he mutters something about Aeris and Jenova and he moves out of the way to reveal Cloud tied up near the Midgar Zolom. You have to fight it and blah blah blah.
It turns out that Zack had survived his attack by the Shinra Soldiers but they had used Mako bullets which enraged Zack’s Jenova Cells, causing him to go into a coma and then become mentally ill and he’s intent on killing all humans so the Jenova race may prevail...

On your journey, you would meet back up with some old characters and meet about two or three new ones. Throughout the game, Zack controls people's body's as decoys. So you won't always fight him, you'll fight mutated humans, Chocobos, Mogs, and monsters.

And since Cloud looks like Zack, he'll be blamed for some of the murders that Zack pulls off.

hydan
06-23-2003, 12:46 PM
no way!!
A sequel with the same characters would be wack...
all that hard work training them and then having to start with the same guys from Lv.1
A FF sequel should never use the same characters unless there's a good excuse to begin play with Ultima materia and Omnislash...won't work...
my idea still reigns supreme

zacks_clone
06-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Well,actually Enigma, that is a pretty good story to start out with...But Tifa was on the highwind when it 'crashed' wasnt she?...or was her memory like...erased or somthing.-.-;;other then that,it sounds pretty good

hydan
06-23-2003, 02:57 PM
cloud and co survived. why are yu saying the highwind crashed....??
and humans not worthy??...who concocted that garbage??
Red XIII was not the only survivor of the party...that's ridiculous?? lmao...*fell back off chair,woke up girlfriend,she's pissed off*
i'mlaughing yet angry that people come up with trite and make out like it actually happens *need cigarette now* "that's better"

hydan
06-23-2003, 02:59 PM
okay sorry for blowing up.
feel much better now...

DGF
06-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Did any of you watch the ending cutscene?
If you did then you would know that this storyline would not work.

And Aeris as the main baddy is quite a stupid idea really but it would be a good idea for her to return

one_winged_angel
06-23-2003, 10:29 PM
sry maxi333 i am noobish to this msg board

i dnt think you could make a sequal to such an open ended game. it leaves you to decide what happened, its really opinion, or just what you WANT to believe. no matter what you write theres always gonna be a billion others that don't like it

Enigma
06-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by hydan
cloud and co survived. why are yu saying the highwind crashed....??
and humans not worthy??...who concocted that garbage??
Red XIII was not the only survivor of the party...that's ridiculous?? lmao...*fell back off chair,woke up girlfriend,she's pissed off*
i'mlaughing yet angry that people come up with trite and make out like it actually happens *need cigarette now* "that's better"

LoL, I think you fear competition.

I'm saying that the Highwind crashed because the last thing you see is a flash of light, which means the Highwind could have been blown out of the air, blown up, and left undamaged. I'm saying that the explosion (flash of light) knocked the Highwind out of the sky.

Humans not worthy...I never said that humans werent worthy. Zack wants to start the "Jenova" race, but first he must get rid of the Humans, his only obsticle. This is the only way that it would leave suppense because you only see Red XIII in the end so you're wondering "do humans live or die off?" Which this game answers.

And to answer questions about how Tifa is found running to the Highwind in the beginning, she was ejected in the crash. I should have added that.

Maxico
06-24-2003, 04:45 PM
i was just saying that so you you dont get caught by mods and banned.

and in my opinion your both slagging off each others remarkably similer storys.

1.starts by traveling from midgar to an event at the marshes/ ranch

2.once good character is evil

3. character facing death in the marshes

dont turn this into a flame fight. there both equaly good/bad/exelent/terrible storys (delete as appropriate)

Enigma
06-25-2003, 02:48 AM
^^True, I didnt really pay much attention....but the Marshes is a place that was very insignificant in the original that could have been used to the story's advantage.

Blah...this thread is becoming pointless...

DocFrance
06-25-2003, 04:30 AM
How about... a potential sequel could take place 500 years after the events of FF7. As in it would start exactly when the last FMV leaves off. That way, you could have entirely new characters, but still have the same plotline. In addition to some new characters, you could also have Red XIII and perhaps Vincent as bonus characters, like Yuffie and Vincent in the original.

Thinks...

Got it!

500 years after the planet was saved from Meteor, the four Huge Materia orbs have been relocated to different regions of the world. The yellow one is in the Corel Desert, the blue one is off the coast of Costa del Sol, the red one is near Mideel, and the green one is deep within the Mythril Mines. After some time, the materia orbs begin to fade. Also at the same time, strange things begin to happen throughout the world: the wind stops, the sea rages, and the earth rots. And your party sets out to save the world. Talking with a particularly informative NPC in town will reveal your quest:
"Light Warriors, revive the ORBS!"

:D

Auron_Kotetsu
06-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Doc France, you win the prize for best one yet.

I'm giving myself a headache with very little result... this is harder than it looks.

one_winged_angel
06-27-2003, 03:53 PM
you have played ff5 way too much

i think its 5 anyway theres jus too many (too remember not in a bad way)

stealth_spider
07-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Hey folks, I've been reading this thread and I must say that they're are a lot of good ideas. Here are some of my own, (or just revisions of other peoples ideas)

I think the Three main characters would be:
1. Marlene- She would be the well rounded character who is fast, strong physically and mentally after her heroes Tifa and Aerith. She can equip both gloves and staves (gloves ideal for making her a fighter, staves for making her a mage)

2. Reve- Ditched his Cait Sith robot, picked up a nice gun! Instead of controlling a robot, he wears a robotic exo-skeleton armour. One of the more physically strong characters with moderate speed and magic.

3. Sephiroth- Now, bare with me here! Still the swordsman. But he is no longer what he once was. He is moderately strong physically and mentally, but very fast.

I like the idea that the flash of light at the end of the game caused meteor to explode, and do a bit of damage to the planet.

The initial plot would be for Marlene to discover what happened to Barret and company. Reve, is now doing damage control, since he feels that he must (formerly working for Shinra, and, having lost contact with his Cait Sith robot after the end of the first game). Reve goes from town to town helping the people and making sure everything is okay. When he reaches Kalm he meets up with Marlene. They talk and he mentions that the name Marlene sounds familiar and recalls that it is Barret's daughter. They talk about the final battle 10 years ago, but Reve just says that he lost control of Cait Sith after meteor exploded and that he has no idea what happened. Some stuff happens (I haven't decided yet what actually happens) and they have to go to the ruins of Midgar.

While there, they find Sephiroth and are surprised, and ready to do battle with the infamous monster (although they're aware of his legendary strength and know full well that they would not survive). But something is different, Sephiroth does not want to fight. Somehow he survived the final confrontation, but doesn't understand how. He returnd to Midgar because he believes that everything he and everyone else, thought they knew before, about himself, jenova, the ancients and the lifestream was flat out wrong and he must find out the truth.

Sephiroth's story is that the final battle killed all the Jenova cells in his body which returned his sanity, and left him near death. As before, he fell in the life stream and was revived and preserved until he washed up on land. Without jenova, he lost nearly all of his god-like power, but it returned to him his conscience and sanity. Although he is still tough, and serious, he repents all the of the sins he committed while in Jenova's control. He joins you to find the truth.

Well......what do you think? Were those ideas....good?

Silence
07-02-2003, 09:54 PM
First, to reply to the original post - Somewhat interesting ideas, though certainly not worthy of being the ONLY (or the majority of) major ideas used for a decent sequel of FF7, much less a "perfect dream sequel." Why? First, shortness. Even with a lot added to the plot you described to stretch things out, that is an EXTREMELY short, simplistic plot with few - if ANY - twists and turns and interesting surprises and revelations thrown in.

By the way, about your later post, hydan, complaining about people 'making up' plot stuff about humans not being worthy and the FF7 main cast dieing - I have NO idea what you're talking about. Have you not played FF7 in a long time, or something? One of the most important, major, predominant themes in the game FF7 is, near the end of the game, the idea that the Planet might reject all of humanity, killing them as a side-effect of dealing with Meteor, in favor of allowing OTHER races to rule the planet instead. Races more worthy of life. Whether the Planet actually DID decide to destroy all Humans is up to interpretation (although I don't think that finding out the answer so you all can't imagine the ending for yourself is so big a deal that it warrants not making a sequel just to avoid 'giving anything away' >:/ You could just as easily have stopped playing the game, say, having lost the second two disks after finishing disk 1, and then IMAGINED the rest of the game for the next few years. Would you then have complained when you finally did find the other two disks that the rest of the story as Square themselves thought it up is available for you to compare to your own expectations and ideas? Feh. :/ It was a nice place to end the game FF7, yes, but don't be so narrow-minded as to think that it was the ONLY place they coulda possibly ended it...), and, even if humanity WAS spared the wrath of the Planet, it's additionally unknown whether the crew of the Highwind even survived themselves. For writing a sequel to FF7, the Highwind crashing is a perfectly plausible idea. So is all humanity dieing. So is all humanity not dieing. All sortsa things could have happened! Hence the term "open-ended game."

By the way, one last thing (sorta ^^;;)... You were saying that it's stupid to allow people to play as the same charas that were playable in FF7, because then it'd be unrealistic and annoying that you had to start from scratch with those characters (or horribly unbalanced if all the charas started at level 100 with all equipment, limit breaks, etc.!)? Well, here's a cheesy, but VERY effective solution for you: At the end of FF7, all the main characters DID die! They then entered the Lifestream. There, all their Materia, experience, etc. was drained away from them. HOWEVER, before their very essences and memories could disperse throughout the Planet, the Planet made a conscious decision to resurrect the heroes of FF7 in their old bodies (as opposed to resurrecting them all as babies. Though that would be very funny, and very cute o_O *imagines the babies of destiny... vincent, cloud, tifa, barret, etc...*). In this way, the sequel of FF7 starts! And in this way, we have a perfectly rational explanation which is backed up perfectly well by pre-existing plot points (in this case, the mostly un-explored reincarnation theme of FF7) for having to start off from scratch with the exact same line-up. Assuming you'd want the same line-up in your dream FF7 game, that is. You probably wouldn't. I'm just providing this explanation as one of many possibilities you could use to rationalize doing whatever the hell you want! ^_^

hm... what else.... ah well, can worry about it later... dunno about Cloud's having a sibling... possible, but seems like an extremely ridiculous, childish way to throw in a new character who looks like Cloud, when you could simply use a revived Zack, or a cleansed Sephiroth, or even Cloud himself with a suitable explanation like the one I provided for you of him losing his EXP in the process of reincarnating via the Lifestream... You seem desperate for characters to use as main characters, but you SHOULDN'T be - you should be able to come up with HUNDREDS of ideas for characters. The only reason you aren't is because you're being so INCREDIBLY SELF-LIMITING by only using characters and concepts which have been used countless times by other FF games!! :/ NEW charas... that have never even been seen before... new plot ideas... etc. Oh yeah, and also, evil Aeris is cool. All warped and twisted and stuff? Kinda like those creepy Rinoas from the last FF8 cutscene... works, works ^^

Auron Kotetsu - Not especially valid points... It's already been mentioned that Marlene COULD canonically have ancient blood in her, since we don't know who her mother was (not to mention that, who knows, maybe Dyne WAS part-Cetra ;D). I also don't see why it should matter if this idea for the sequel mentions moogles and trances a little - trances have very little to do with FFIX. You're thinking of Trance, which seems to have more to do with turning SSJ (except more often with glowing hot-pink auras than golden ones) than entering an altered state of consciousness.

As for Moogles... Why SHOULDN'T there be plenty of Moogles with a central role in the sequel of FF7, should it ever come? This brings me to an important point: the only way the FF7 sequel will do well at all is if it doesn't stick too close to its roots. Yes, it should still adhere to FF7's standards of high quality, to its general tone and themes and certainly to its history, but there also has to be a ton of new stuff thrown in. Numerous new revelations. New mechanics. New areas. New characters. New races. Et cetera (no pun intended). One of the numerous mysteries of Final Fantasy 7 was 'where are the moogles?' The only moogles that ever appeared were summons. Well, the rest of them had to have gone somewhere. Were they extinct? In hiding underground? Living on a distant planet? Evolved long ago into Nanaki's race? What's the deal? But, eh... I'm just using moogles as an example, really... It's fine with me if moogles aren't included at all, either - I never saw what the big deal was about them. I'm just saying that making (plausible) radical changes to the FF7 world for a sequel IS fine. Makes exploration more interesting, at least. Eh.

Enigma - Hmmm. Not so sure about Zack coming back to life. Or him being evil. Ah, what the hell, it's not so farfetched as to cause headaches, at least, and I'm sure everyone here can agree that Zack needs, in any FF7 sequel idea, at least some more backstory info, if not going so far as to actually revive him. :/ On a scale from 1 to 10 of how much I'd be surprised to see someone come back from the dead in an actual FF7-2 game made by Squaresoft (with 1 being "OH MY GOD, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL HE WAS GONNA COME BACK" and 10 being "Duh. What'd you expect?"), I'd give...

10 - Random monsters like Bomb and Dragon. They're almost sure to return, one way or another.
9 - Sephiroth. He's just too cool to not include in a major way in anything FF7-related.
8 - Jenova. Simply because Jenova was pretty damn cool, and FAR too little about her was ever revealed! If not Jenova herself, then certainly some member of her species or another.
7 - Aeris. Popularity factor, just like Sephiroth. Tho I'm rooting for Sephiroth much more than Aeris...
6 - Rufus... Don't care what anyone says... HE COULD HAVE SURVIVED THAT MISSILE. :OOO Then we could say his doggy too, and stuff.
5 - Zack. Too little face time :(
4 - Bugenhagen... Nah.
3 - President Shinra. Or whatever his name is. Doubt he'll be back...!
2 - ChocoMog. Not dead, but should be! :(
1 - Sexiroth!!!

Okay, so the last two don't count, but that's just 'cause no one in FF7 really rates that low :F ANYONE could return- This IS still an anime-based game.

Stealth Spider - Interesting, interesting. Yes, those three characters are a fairly inspiring mix to imagine at least on the sidelines of a lineup on an FF7-2 strategy guide. I certainly don't see any reason why Reeve couldn't play a major role in a sequel! A bit of fleshing out with his character (well, okay, a LOT, but it's not that tough) and he'll be good as new. Likewise Marlene, since this is taking place many years from now so she can have grown up... Sephiroth's the only one I'm not so sure about. He'd lose at least 50% of his coolness if he was around regularly, as a main character and all. And that's just being generous, AND allowing for extremely good, intelligent, diplomatic writing to capture him in his most appealing (in order words, chilling and dramatic and COOL) light.

Anyway... some neatoneat ideas on this thread.... btw, one of the most interesting things about FF7, to me, and somethingwhich opens up a huge number of possible new places and characters, is the idea of the Cetras and Jenova and all. I'd love to see at least a cutscene to show Jenova as she infected the Cetras was back when and transformed them into monsters with the plague and killed them all and such :D WAY too little was done with Jenova in Final Fantasy 7 - she was nothing more than a recurring obstacle (and someone to kill people since the real Sephiroth couldn't hurt anyone with his little astral sword XD er... or something... n/m...) with only ONE line of dialogue in the game. If I remember correctly o_O But she was important~

Lastly - Sorceress Fujin... Reeve being sexy is a spoiler? LOL.

stealth_spider
07-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Silence, you do bring up some very valid points. Most of Sephiroth's awesomeness was in his mystery and sadistic behaviour. But with proper ideas it could work. I would picture him like he was before he went all Jenova insane. Serious, tough, isolated from the rest of the world, but ready to kick ass (kinda like Wolverine, not the movie wolverine, but the comic wolverine). Through the course of the game he learns to be a little more human. Possibly, he wouldn't be available as a playable character at the beginning of the game, but later on.

As for Reeve, I'm not sure if I was clear, but he would play a large role in the sequal. He would technically be the only surviving party memeber from the final battle. And would be in the game's initial party.

I do like the idea of Zach being revived. He's the only person still alive with Jenova cells in his body, and after witnessing the sins of the human race he must purify it. He does so, the same way Jenova did off the cetra, by infecting them. After Zach goes completely bonkers half way through the game, he just decides to cut the middle man and infect the lifestream directly with Jenova cells.

I think a cool idea is to explain the weapons a little more (ie. Ruby, Emerald, Ultimate etc.). I think the back story would be that weapons were not created by the planet but were sacrafices from the cetra. When Jenova first appeared, the cetra believed that there were 2 ways to stop her. One was to ban together and seal Jeova away forever (which is what happened as I recall). The other was to plead with the planet, and in doing so, the cetra made a deal with the planet. They sacraficed their strongest warriors so they would be transformed into the weapons to protect the planet. But before the weapons could be used, Jenova was sealed away, so the weapons were kept hidden until needed again.

That is when ff7 happens and the weapons were released, but Cloud and co. destroyed them good! At the end of the game, when meteor is stopped someone made the suggestion that meteor explodes and destroys the airship (I like it). But instead of Cloud and company dying and returning to the lifestream, the planet recognized their strength (by watching them whip Sephiroth's butt) and chooses them to become the new weapons of the planet.

So.....?

zacks_clone
07-03-2003, 02:26 AM
I like the idea of Zack(Zach,Zachs,Zax,what ever) being back.It'd make me buy the game,for I would love to see Zack in a fmv or even as a character with more referance then a memorie!

I still like the idea of having the whole lab blown up.haha,sorry,it'd be a good side note sorta.Like shinra and sephiroth in ff7...this could sorta be either the main villan or one of them...

reeve as a playable character...no,no,i dont think so.

hmmm....Perhaps vincent would be a good main character,if we must have originals.he was abit like zack...denied.

one_winged_angel
07-03-2003, 03:59 PM
maybe you could just play through ff7 as the turks...?? most people here seem to like them

but slight story alterations necessary which is bad but I think you could still make a good game out of it. Half way through they realize cloud aint their enemy so as to not depict the heros as villains

Ultima Seraph
07-04-2003, 08:23 AM
I'd like FFVII-2 to be a prequel rather than a sequel... The Story of a Hero... Sephiroth's story... his rise in Soldier to his fall in Nibelhiem, concentraiting mostly on the Wutai war and ShinRa's rise to power.

Auron_Kotetsu
07-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Okay... well, i said i would do it, and so now here i am, doing it. All of this is STILL more of a rough sketch than anything else... and a lot of the intricacies will be edited in later, but hey, it's not like any of these is actually going to be made into a game, so who gives a sheet?

You begin with your main character, call him whatever you want. He'd use sword weapons, because that's what main characters do. The opening sequence would be a reiteration of the whole meteor thing, with it somehow being explained in a reasonably short period. The main character, who is a resident of Midgar, would have been there for the whole near-catastrophe with Meteor, and so you would get a ground-up view of that happening. Cut to five years later. Your fella is now 25 years old, and a fighter-slave in the illegal underground gladiatorial fighting that is now a popular sport in the still-poor slums of Midgar. You gain control of your person just as a match is starting. As soon as you kill your opponent (who is no real challenge), soldiers burst in the door and begin making arrests, including your character. You meet President Barret, who, along with AVALANCHE, took control of Midgar after Meteor and began governing. The raid is part of his slums cleanup program, which is already successful. You are sent to prison, maximum security because of your fighting skill. Your cellmate is a strangely quiet man with white hair. Yes, this would be Sephiroth. He tells the main character that he remembers nothing that happened before he was found on the shores of Lake Mideel, which flows with the Lifestream. He was thrown immediately into prison, and knows nothing of who he was or what he did. He has maintained his skill with the blade and his demeanor, but nothing of his sinister personality. As you are sleeping a few days later, the prison is broken into by Weaponets -- small shards of the original WEAPONs that now roam the world and occasionally make trouble. The prison is overrun, and the power dies, leaving the cells open. You and Sephiroth escape and head for Kalm. Outside Kalm, you encounter another pair of escapees, a Materia expert and mage named Kai Willard, and a gun-toting babe named Aria Brightstar. They join your party, and you continue on to Kalm. Kalm is now home to Cloud's Tomb, where Cloud's body was laid to rest after he was killed while rescuing Marlene from Midgar. Marlene and Tifa now live in Kalm, Marlene a teenage girl, and Tifa still as tough and, ahem, buxom, as ever. They tend Cloud's tomb. The companions decide that they must head to the Mideel Mako Research Facility (located on Lake Mideel), from the port city of Danshai. (The gravity exerted by Meteor caused the ocean to swell up and into the Zolom Swamp, which is now the Zolom Sea and home to Danshai.) Their course set, the company makes to leave Kalm. As they go, however, Tifa recognizes Sephiroth and raises an alarm. They flee and escape the AVALANCHE soldiers, but have the feeling that they are being followed the entire way to Danshai.

*WHEW*

It's like 3:30 in the morning, and i really can't keep this going. I'll edit more on when i'm rested and recuperated. Feel free to comment on what's already here, though. I, for one, like the direction it's taking.

Things i'm going for:
-Marlene as a party member.
-Dio as a party member.
-Returns to party by Vincent and Cid.
-Aeris reborn.
-Hojo's survival, and Jenova's rebirth.
-An interesting side to Materia.
-Other things i'm too tired to remember... *yawn*

I'll try and finish off, or at least continue, this later.

Check for edits!!!

one_winged_angel
07-04-2003, 04:05 PM
well actually if it was inland it would be zolom lake not sea, but other than that I think your story is pretty kool. I'd like to see a good side to sephiroth that was only really shown before on the way to neibelheim. Aria I think would be a good feature. Don't really know about weaponets, I really hate it when people just carry on and on with the same bad guy eg. majin buu on the final dbz saga. And you make Barret look like a bad guy when he arrests you.

Silence
07-05-2003, 10:54 AM
By the way, One Winged Angel, it's FF1, not FF5. Although both had similar ideas. Also, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "eg. majin buu on the final dbz saga" - aren't ALL Dragonball Z villains like that? :)

Now, Stealth Spider... Well, yeah, that's what I was thinking. But Wolverine IS cool... okay, what the heck. Can't hurt, tho some fans might object to Sephiroth being such a major character. Wolverine is cool, but he's around so much plenty of people get sick of him...

On WEAPONS - VERY interesting. Twists and revelations are certainly necessary for any Final Fantasy game, and this seems like an interesting one. So, some of the Cetra turned into the WEAPONs... but, then, aren't the Cetra the only ones vulnerable to the plague of Jenova? That'd explain why the Cetra, not the humans, were nearly wiped out when Jenova arrived. So it's a bit odd. But cool. And I definetly agree that the WEAPONs should have played more of a major role in FF7. They never really did anything once they were released except float around blowing stuff up :( Making the FF7 team the 'WEAPONs' is interesting, too, although I assume you don't mean they'd turn into giant rampaging monsters :F Yeah, sure. Why not. WEAPONs are champions of the Planet, so, if we use my ideas for the FF team dieing but being revived (as a mechanism to bring them back to level 1) and being chosen by the Planet as new defenders, WEAPONs are a great title for them, to seperate them from the rest of humanity in some way, even if it might not be obvious visually... Or maybe it will be, maybe the process will change them in some way.

Auron Kotetsu - WOO, FUN!!! I really like most of those ideas. Let's see... of the old cast... Barret is now one of the most important people in the world, eh? I guess that means he's not as much of a fighter anymore, then, so, will his gun-arm be replaced by a normal (robotic) hand, or something along those lines? Anyway, I'm fine with him being tough like that. We all know he's a softy at heart :D What happened to Reeve, though? He should certainly have been safe, since he was holed up in Kalm with Marlene. Speaking of which, I had no idea what you're talking about with Cloud's death. When did Cloud have to save Marlene from Midgar? It's specifically stated that Reeve took Marlene away from Midgar long before Meteor would have hit. Not to mention that Cloud would have been too busy battling Sephiroth while the Meteor was hitting to enter Midgar and save anyone, no? Confusing. I'm okay with Cloud getting killed, I suppose, tho I'd kinda rather he was still around... He was a cool guy, and we never really got to learn much about him now that he's not so unstable and insane. Oh well. Tifa and Marlene are protecting his tomb now, eh? That works for me, too, though remember that both Tifa and Aeris were very strong-willed in FF7. Don't define them too much as mindless love interests of Cloud with no outside life. :/ Eh. The idea that the geography of the world has been changed a lot due to Meteor's fall is VERY VERY GOOD!!!!! That should make things much more interesting. The changes cuased by Meteor and many other things that have happened since FF7 will make re-exploring the world just as interesting as exploring it the first time around. Though, of course, we'll still need more areas beyond there. Let's see... there's also Sephiroth... he's fine by me, too, although I wonder how he survived. Even if he survived Cloud and co. killing him, wouldn't he have been blasted by Holy? Still, Holy works in mysterious ways, so it's not that unexpected for him to have lived. Also, having him be a good guy now is interesting, because it will mean that a lot of characters who were good guys in FF7 (Tifa, Barret, etc.) will be your biggest enemies! After all, while they're reasonable people, they're not stupid. They're certainly not gonna let a supposedly nice Sephiroth run all over the world, slowly regaining his memories and slowly regaining his old powers. Who knows when he could snap and try his old plan all over again (although when he finally does, the fun will REALLY begin ;D). Now, what other characters are unaccounted for...

You haven't mentioned the Turks. What're they up to? They always were really cool, which is why I didn't object to all the ideas flying around about making them the main charas of the sequel. Likewise, I wonder where Cid's at. Still pursuing his dreams of exploring space? And Vincent should DEFINETLY be an EXTREMELY important character in the sequel - major hero, or major villain. He's an immortal, that makes him special :/ Plus a gun-toting shapeshifting cyborg with a damn good fashion sense. Yuffie, of course, should also return. Yuffie ruled! Seeing her older should be quite fun. And what about Wutai? With Shin-Ra gone, Wutai could begin to regain its power, returning to its former glory at last!! Now THAT could be cool. Wutai playing a major role. Not to mention the WEAPONs returning - those WEAPONets sound like they could work out veeeery well, and we can eventually reveal more stuff about them, like that there are some fully-formed WEAPONs that are still dormant and waiting to explode forth from the ground ;) Ultima WEAPON, Omega WEAPON, Atma WEAPON, whatever... Now, to get back to characters! The only other main ones are Aeris, who you say will be reappearing, and Red XIII... And Hojo and Jenova will return, eh? I suppose it's fine for Hojo to come back, although you're really starting to bring back TOO MANY characters, aren't you? You've revived almost EVERYONE who died in Final Fantasy 7!! That trivializes death, I'm afraid. Jenova, though, is no problem - Jenova DEFINETLY needs much more facetime. So does the rest of her race. I wanna find out about the plague and such! :O Never getting to see it in action was like never getting to see Sin's toxin in battle or nothin' :(

What else to discuss... Well, your new characters seem interesting. I'd like to know more about them. Let's see, for main characters, we right now have... A swordsman (since we have Sephiroth, why not make him something different? Just about EVERY Final Fantasy game has starred some troubled youth wielding a huge sword, right? You won't be punished for being inventive, y'know. Think of some other powers for him, mayhaps? then again, two sword-wielders worked in FFX. Do what ye think proper.)... A Materia expert and mage... a gun-user... a very powerful swordsman/psychic mage offspring of an evil alien force... Marlene, who'll probably be a summoner or something (Hey, I know there aren't summoners in FF7, but that could be a new feature :/ Lack of classes always took something away from the characters, anyway. Uniqueness... other than Limit Breaks, they're almost interchangeable!)... And a few more, probably. Oh yeah, and I dunno about Dio being a party member. I certainly agree that he should play an important role in this game, but he just seems kinda... boring, to me. What, would he be some sort of wrestling Setzer? Oi. Oh, yeah, and Vincent and Cid will come back too? Neato.

Now, here's an idea. Red XIII remains mysteriously absent for much of the game. It takes a long time to learn where he vanished to. It turns out that, after exploring the entire world, all of this has actually been fake. Sorta. All of humanity (but no other species, except evil crap like monsters - one of the clues that this is what's happened is that Red XIII and all other non-human creatures like Moogles and Chocobos are conspicuously absent from the gameworld as you explore) was transported to this pocket dimension by Holy. Remember that whole plot in FF7 about humans possibly being judged unworthy by the Planet? This is the fruition of that plot. It will be an enormous revelation after you've been playing the game for quite a long time. Eventually (perhaps with Cid's help, an invention can be created to pierce through the outer edge of the pocket dimension and escape to the 'real world'), more places can be explored, more characters met, etc. The game has to be really long and complex to be even close to being worthy of sharing the name of FF7 :) One thing I'm thinking about is the true nature of Materia - perhaps you have to meet the God-King of the Cetra, who commands (or simply is) Holy, and is served by an army of angels (the ghosts of the Cetra... including their leader, Aeris), and... *shrug* Just a thought. That angel symbolism was mysterious, in FF7.

As for why humanity was seperated from the Planet by Holy in the first place... I'm still working on that. Why didn't Holy simply kill all of humanity, and then have them be resurrected as assorted non-humans (that's how karma works! :O)? Well, it'll be explained in the game, whatever we decide on. Assuming anyone even agrees with all this stuff as a cool twist to throw in.

zacks_clone
07-05-2003, 09:46 PM
I'd like FFVII-2 to be a prequel rather than a sequel... The Story of a Hero... Sephiroth's story... his rise in Soldier to his fall in Nibelhiem, concentraiting mostly on the Wutai war and ShinRa's rise to power.

yes,yes yes,i think so too..

Auron_Kotetsu
07-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Aaaaaand we're back!

I know i said i'd edit my additions in, but i decided just to post again... because i hate editing, and nobody ever looks at edited stuff... Well, i don't anyway. and we all know that I'M the only one that matters here.

First off, I'd like to apologize for the delay (if anyone cares.) They're beta-testing the new Diablo II patch, and i had to get in on that. i'm taking off valuable playing time right now. be grateful! ;)

Second, i'd like to give a cookie to Silence for being totally on top of his sh*t. I'd forgotten about the whole Reeve saving Marlene thing. Oh, and Silence, me bucko, we're on the complete same page with this whole sequel thing. I liked where you went with your spiel. Bravo.

Now, before i continue with plottage, some hole-patching to repair your excellent points.

-I'm aware that dead people seem to be popping up like acne on a stockboy. However, these were all people that got SEVERELY effed with by Mako and the Planet. You can't do that and just expect to die. For instance:
Sephiroth's excuse (which i was too tired to elaborate on) is that the planet, upon sensing the arrival of his consciousness to the Lifestream, rejected his essence, which it deemed too evil for absorption, and basically spat him back out into the world of the living. He didn't survive, he basically just got kicked out of heaven AND hell.
Aeris wasn't human. She was Cetra. What were Cetra? How do we know that she couldn't have been netted by Holy? And anyway, her reappearance would be brief... lifeforce can only be held together for so long after it's been dissipated.
Hojo was a mishmash of God-only-knows what. Are we even sure that being blown apart would kill him? With the original Jenova, being chopped up and injected into people didn't stop her from coming back together.

I think those are the only ones i'm bringing back. And i don't think they're that far fetched. It's not like we ALL don't want more of Aeris, Seph, and Jenova. Hojo is to Jenova what a leash holder is to an attack doberman, so he's gotta come too, to speak for her.

About the whole Cloud being dead thing... He HAS to be dead. I'll find a better way to off him, but he needs to be dead. You'll see. Oh, and did i say Tifa just sits around and tends his tomb? Heavens no! She also goes to bingo and Thursday night bridge. (hee.) She's a bit down over his death. Broken-hearted for the life they might have shared, let's say.

I really don't care if my main character uses sock puppets as weapons. It just seemed to me like FF games have main characters that tend to use swords ('cept for Squall... and i maintain that that thing was at least 75% sword... and Zidane, but he sucked so he doesn't count.)

And... I hated Cait Sith. I refused to ever use him. So i want Reeve to be dead. Cait didn't make sense as a character. I made a thread about it a while ago. So, *mumble* i guess Reeve will be alive, leading from the rear like he always does. He works with Barret. Yeah. That's it. He's a janitor. Ass.

*does some quick write-ins, and returns to storyline*

SO...

The (sort of) heroes arrive at Danshai, now completely certain that they've been followed, but unable to catch their pursuer. They board a ship, ceratin that they'll lose whoever it is here. (I'll note here that Barret's first official act was to ban all use of Mako as an energy source. The only Mako now harvested comes from Lake Mideel and is used in the manufacture of Materia, which is now the only source of power under AVALANCHE's laws.) The party discovers a white Chocobo in the ship's hold, hidden behind some crates. Nearby, they find a young girl in ninja garb asleep, whom they recognize as Marlene. Marlene upon awakening, confesses that she is the tracker, and that she wanted to join the comrades but was unsure they'd be willing. She was trained by her Aunt Yuffie, who became good enough friends with Tifa that young Marlene frequently vacationed in the now sprawling empire of Wutai. Queen Yuffie has returned Wutai to its former glory, covering the entirety of the Western continent and dominating trade in that region, as well as being the leading manufacturer of ships in the world. Marlene was able to track so stealthily due to the fact that she was riding the white chocobo, which she got from the Chocobo Ranch near Kalm shortly after moving there.
In battle, Marlene uses claw weapons, and is a fairly capable magic user.

As the ship sails for Mideel, a Zolom attacks (Zoloms, when their swamp flooded, went out into the sea and encountered the shards of Emerald WEAPON, which merged with the giant snakes, driving them mad, and causing them to grow even larger and more dangerous. They look really cool now.) The ship begins to founder, and is rescued by a giant freighter bound for Southern Wutai. The party disembarks in the thriving port metropolis of South Wutai, which has sprung up in the five years since the last game. In the city, they hear tales of strange happenings outside the walls. People have been disappearing, going mad, and commiting horrible acts without reason. There is also talk of a mysterious vigilante that roams the mountains of Wutai by night. You leave the town, headed for North Wutai to see Marlene's aunt, Queen Yuffie.

Between South Wutai and North Wutai you have to find Vincent, much like you have to find Yuffie in FFVII. You encounter him, and he sees Sephiroth and is shocked. You have to answer him properly and assuage his fears about Sephiroth. Answer wrong and he will attack. When he joins your party, he will explain that he is already hardly the hero he used to be. He spent months in Lucrecia's cave after everything transpired, after which he traveled to Lake Mideel, where he dove into the Lifestream, wishing to join Lucrecia. Instead, he emerged a mindless beast, ravaging the woods around Mideel, neither thinking nor feeling at all human.Finally, Barret led a group of AVALANCHE soldiers to capture his friend, and they were able to catch him and tranquilize him. The time he spent in monster form left him barely a shell of a man, and he was long in remembering even who he was. He spent two months in the Midgar hospital, before, one night, he leapt from his window onto a nearby building, and has roved ever since. He haunted the Shinra mansion in Nibelheim for three years, and then came to the Western continent to live in the mountain caves. He is still as goth and moody and angst-ridden as ever. Woot.

Dammit... it's getting late again... Well, i'll try to do some more tomorrow. I have work to wake up for. Do feel free to pick at it some more, though. Some parting stuff:

-The Turks are now a mercenary group. We'll be hearing from them later.

-Red XIII runs what is left of Cosmo Canyon. Cosmo Canyon was overrun by a Gi resurgence three years after Meteor. It is now a hotzone, and Red is a war leader.

I spose that's all i got. I'll be back later.

one_winged_angel
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
hey silence,
1. sry for the screw up in ff recitings
2. yes all dbz villains are like that
3. maybe the planet could transport all the good species to the 'real' promised land

stealth_spider
07-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Oh man, so many good ideas floating around this place.

Auron_Kotetsu and Silence, i admire the amount of thought and careful planning you guys have put into the idea of a ff7-2 sequel. It is truly because of you guys, that I keep trying to come up with new ideas.

I as well believe that the main Villains should be Hojo, Jenova and Zach.

After Hojo got busted up in the first game, he pulled himself back together after a while. Realizing that he is not as powerful as he thought he was (after getting his ass handed to him by Cloud and Co.) he decided he needs to recruit himself some more Jenova cells to become more powerful, and he goes to the only place that still has some. Since Cloud is out of commision, Sephiroth had is Jenova cells destroyed by Cloud, all the test subjects in the black capes were executed by sephiroth, and Jenova herself was destroyed...the only place left is the Shinra Mansion.

In the basement in the locked room with the coffins, Vincent was not the only thing put to rest. There, Hojo uncovers Zach's coffin where he was laid after he was shot for trying to escape. After 25 years of rest, Zach's Jenova cells revived him and made him stronger than ever. Hoping to extract his Jenova cells, Hojo experiments with him only to wake him. In the confrontation between a rejuvinated Zach and recovering Hojo, Zach easily defeats Hojo and makes his escape.

In this brand new world, Zach only has memories of his past life of pain and suffering, betrayal and torture. He can recall only the sins of man kind. The war, the anger, the hate, the prejudice. The cruel things that they do to each other. The loss of Aeris, his parents and his old life are only fuel to his urge to cleanse the planet of such an impure race. Like Jenova who flows through his veins, he infects the creatures of this planet with Jenova cells, mutating them into organisms that he can control. By doing this, he can manipulte the consciousness of all beings to eliminate the pain and suffering in the world (kinda starting to sound like Seymour eh?). And mid-way though the game he has a revalation that his method is too slow, and that he should just directly infect the lifesteam to control the planet itself.

Hojo, on the other hand is like a kid in a candy factory because he is absorbing the Jenova cells from the people/animals/stuff that Zach infects. He is becoming stronger thanks to Zach.

I'm still having trouble trying to find a way to incorporate Jenova herself as the mastermind behind the whole plot.

Also, I have an idea for another character. A man who can summon, use magic and materia related skills/abilities with out the actual use of materia. His name is Trego Fitzgerald. His secret is that he is the child of the life stream, born once every thousand years, a legend that was rumored even to the cetra and died with them long ago. There are no modern records of the child of the life stream. It is an extension of the planet that posesses a living host. I'm not sure what kind of role he'll play yet, but who knows.

So, at 1:52am, survey says.......good?

Auron_Kotetsu
07-08-2003, 07:07 AM
This isn't a story continuation, so you know. I just have to give stealth_spider two HOLY CRAP!'s

The first is that i was headed in mine to the point at which Jenova is intent on infecting and corrupting the Lifestream and killing the planet, just like you said with yours.

The second is that I was working towards introducing a "Materia-man" who could perform new abilities as he leveled, just like your Trego fella. I hint at it with the whole "interesting side to materia" in my first story post. So there you go.

Great minds, apparently, really DO think alike. I'll keep it up later. Now it's D2 beta-testing time... *scampers off*

one_winged_angel
07-27-2003, 07:16 PM
hey someone post something i don't want this post to die out, i mean COME ON GUYS!