PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Chrono Break

duo_1002
06-18-2003, 04:24 PM
What are you thoughts on the upcoming sequel?

They have stated that they have officially given it a name, and are getting to work on it.

What do you think it will be about?
Where do you think it will take place?
New characters?

I can't wait for it, Trigger and Cross ruled, this should be amazing too.

CloudTribal
06-18-2003, 07:58 PM
I loved both Cross and Trigger and am really looking forward to another one for ps2, but when i was searching google i came across this so im not sure whats going on with this game it seems to have about a million different titles going it also says coming 2003 so it seems they must already be started on this game

Killy
06-18-2003, 09:38 PM
That picture is probably a fake, since you can see the reused art in it.

As for the game, id rather not make any assumptions, I want to be surprised by the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2003, 10:21 PM
The name "Chrono Break" was registered by Square along with Unlimited SaGa over a year ago. Unlimited SaGa has been released since then, and Chrono Break is nowhere to be found. In fact, not only have we seen no release of the game--we've seen no concrete information period concerning anything to do with it. I have no expectation of it ever being released, now, so I'm not too much worried about its contents.

m4tt
06-19-2003, 07:05 PM
If it is ever released, I'd be happy as long as there aren't a zillion characters like Crappy Cross. I couldn't get into that game at all.

If it's somthing like Chrono Trigger, I'd enjoy it. That is, if they ever make it.

edczxcvbnm
06-19-2003, 09:36 PM
That picture is the fakest thing ever. M? Yeah right. Square shoots for the T.

They put silloetes of all the main players from chrono trigger and chrono cross.

Anyways I think what Kawaii said. Until they actually announce the game I concider it to be non-existant.

Magus
06-19-2003, 10:58 PM
hmmm ... maybe u guys r rite. but lets hope ur all wrong & its gunna b sumthin 2 remember. & 4 its content i was thinking of it & though a story about the masamume would b cool like how it turned frum the regular lookin sword into that weird shaped red crap or its story after the C.Cross event would b nice.

edczxcvbnm
06-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Know what would be really cool. If at the begining of the game they said 'MAGUS IS :skull::skull::skull::skull:ING DEAD!' Then it showed the Masamune explode and then the screen said "Get over it and enjoy this game. Stop clinging to the past!"

Magus
06-20-2003, 03:03 AM
we, well i i dun kno bout other ppls but. i hope it'll haff a connection with the previous games thats y im hopin it'll haff sumthin 2 do with the items & characters from CT & CC.

Strife
06-20-2003, 01:06 PM
It'll be cool if they make break connected with Trigger and Cross.
I don't know concept Break would take but.. I hope it'll be good

Teek
06-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Remember, kiddies - the next installment to this story, assuming there will ever be one, is not necessarily going to be called "Chrono Break".

And, MaGuS, uh, what else would they do with a sequel? I'm not trying to be critical, but I don't see how else they'll connect the series. o_O

Strife
06-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I read an article that square has registrated the nme Chrono Break.

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Strife
I read an article that square has registrated the nme Chrono Break.

*points to Ryukishi's post* And apparantly they've had it for a while now.

I didnt know you had to register names... makes sense though. I wonder just how much trouble a company would get in for naming something 'Chrono'. Hmm...

And as for the game... if they make it, I'll play it. If they dont, oh well. I hope they do though.

playaGAW
06-25-2003, 06:37 AM
It'll probaly come out if they registered the name.

Magus
06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
who knoes they can just give up on the project =\ but if it did happen i would go rampage & run over 2 wherever they r & ---> :skull: :shoot: & :chop: :hot: :x_x: yeah thats bout it ... :D

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 06:29 PM
anybody out there nice enough to tell me how to start my own thread? if you can, thanx.

"What do you live for? What are you willing to DIE for?" -Lynx, to Serge

Magus
06-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
anybody out there nice enough to tell me how to start my own thread? if you can, thanx.

"What do you live for? What are you willing to DIE for?" -Lynx, to Serge

o.Ô um u click on create thread(top right) & that"What do you live for? What are you willing to DIE for?" -Lynx, to Serge" u can put it in ur sig(click on Profile, Edit Profile)

ForeverZeroUltima
06-28-2003, 05:51 PM
um........i looked in top right and there is no thread starter...can you be more specific?

---

oh, never mind, i found it. thanx. however, i still can't find where i edit my profile for my...you know

---

also, how do i put my picture in under my screenname?

Spatvark
06-29-2003, 05:42 AM
1) This is not the place to be asking these questions. Go to the Help Forum for that.

2) Don't triple post; use the edit/delete button to add to previous posts.

scottwardADD
07-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Nintendo/APE/Hal registered Mother 3/ EarthBound 64 and worked on it for a few years... ultimately cancelling it. Just cause they register a name doesnt mean it'll come out. There's TONS of games out there that had a registered name and never got farther than that.

BatChao
07-09-2003, 10:16 AM
I think SquEnix is probably going to concentrate their bulk on their three main games, which they said would be FF, DQ, and KH. Chrono will probably get a sequel SOMETIME, but probably not for another year or so until we hear concrete evidence.

Magus
07-15-2003, 03:36 AM
but then ... ill haffta wait 4 the translated version 2 come out =S if it ever gets translated

Aya Nekoneko
07-26-2003, 02:52 AM
I'd love to see Chrono Break realized.

As for the title... I think that Chrono "Brake" (stopping) fits in better with Chrono series name. I mean there's Trugger (as in the trigger that starts something), Cross (crossing over), and... Break? Well, I guess that makes sense in a way too if they're talking about breaking time or something. =D

scottwardADD
08-30-2003, 06:57 PM
noone triple posted buddy, they were all seperated by another post. I suggest knowing the meaning of triple post before bashing on someone for NOT doing it.

TheAbominatrix
08-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by scottwardADD
noone triple posted buddy, they were all seperated by another post. I suggest knowing the meaning of triple post before bashing on someone for NOT doing it.

That was because Spatvark edited the three posts into one. I suggest you give some respect to the people that work here, as they are more than deserving of it.

Spatvark
08-30-2003, 08:29 PM
And I suggest pulling your head out of your arse before taking that kind of an attitude with a staff member. Notice the horizontal rules in that post, splitting it into three sections? Those seperate what were the individual posts before I merged them into one.

I suggest you get your facts straight before bashing someone for doing their job.

GogoTheMimic
08-31-2003, 10:50 PM
gj idiot! *rolls eyes*

Anyway, back on topic...
I think that Break works fine for the title, maybe as in breaking the timelines or something? *shrug*

edczxcvbnm
09-01-2003, 03:38 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP!

*adds fuel to the fire*

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/1861.html

*gets a bit more hyped up*

After a year and some odd months of no news finally! SOMETHING! Even if it is pretty much nothing.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-01-2003, 04:32 AM
Yeehaw!

GogoTheMimic
09-02-2003, 07:53 AM
It's about bloody time they at least release SOME info about it! Well, even if it still isn't official. Meh, whatever.

Super Christ
09-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Well, hopefully this (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy11/news_6074752.html) is it; if not, then I give up hope.

edczxcvbnm
09-10-2003, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't put my money on that one. The game is likely to be a wierd title that isn't going to sell super well. I think that game is either going to be FFXII or on that is coming out this christmas in Japan(my money is on the latter. I forget where I read it though). We shall see in a few weeks.

I think they would hype another Chrono game more in advance as it is a fairly big series.

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:24 AM
I'm hoping that it is Chrono Break but I'm doubting it for the same reasons listed above.

Prince-magus
10-26-2003, 08:19 PM
if anyone remembers, thay were giving out information about final fantasy 11 before 9 even came out. so I would not be surprised if there keeping all of the information so as not to create tremendous demand.
if you have tremendous demand, then you have pressure to finish the game, and with pressure comes stress etc. , which leads to the release of a much inferior product.

I am kinda happy there kepping this one in the dark.
but i also can't wait for some concrete proof. double edged sword.
just cross (pun) your fingers and hope it doesn't die out,or get cancelled

Wetflame
10-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Chrono Trigger is my favourite game ever, I wish they'd make a direct sequel since Square is in that business. I'd love to see Chrono talk!

Then again, I'd also love to see Link talk. I can't stand silent characters.

Magus
11-05-2003, 05:42 PM
nah i like the slient crono. seing crono talk would destroy the whole crono thing.

Spatvark
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Which is why Crono talks in Chrono Trigger of course.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Oh, you know what we mean.

Wetflame
11-06-2003, 11:38 AM
I don't see how it would... he did talk in one of the Alt endings and it made him seem like more of a real character.

I also want to hear Link speak =P

Masamune Monk
11-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Chrono Break would be cool as long as they don't follow Chrono Cross too much. The battle system just got too repeditive, too many characters and i didn't like the location and setting. But i must admit that I do wanna know what happened to the Crono gang.

edczxcvbnm
11-12-2003, 04:32 PM
What happened to Crono and Co.? Well from what I understand this is how it all went down.

They brought all their pals from the past and future to have a late bachlor party for Crono. They told Marle they would keep it PC and everything but come on now...thats what they all say.

Anyways they stated it at noon just so they could get REAAAAAALLLY wasted for when the strippers and hookers came that way they could do them and then honestly say they don't remember what happened to their wives.

9 o'clock rolls around and in come the strippers and hookers. Everyone is doing it with everyone else and its just wild and crazy!

9:23 comes around and Marle decides to see how things are going because Crono has been gone a long time. She just walks out after she see what is going on.

9:29 Marle comes back with Lucca, Ayla and some other friends and are armed. They start killing the hookers and strippers. Blood in flying everyone as well as vomit from the guys(they are drunk beyond belief). Lucca just utterly disgusted with what is going on had to leave before she passed out.

Some of the guys try to defend and save the hookers and what have you. They are being taken down left and right and then...no one knows what happened next.

Some say in his Drunk state Crono cast Lumanire and Vaporized everyone. Others say they hit a switch and overcharged the time machine Lucca was working and and warped themselves to some unknown time and place. What really happened to them we may never know.

Wetflame
11-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Wtf was that about???

edczxcvbnm
11-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Wetflame
Wtf was that about???

It was about what happened to Crono and CO.

SuperPac
11-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Duh. Anyone could've guessed that. But I think the real question is...

What kind of beer were they having?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-13-2003, 02:13 AM
This is Chrono Trigger, so their beer is actually soda pop or possibly lemonade.

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 05:56 AM
I personally think that SquareEnix gave up on the project, I mean, they are intensely involved in the development of Final Fantasy, as we, loyal FF fans could see here... the production of FFXI for PS2 and FFXII for PS2m now there's two major titles they are working on right now...

At the end of Chrono Cross, when I beat Lavos with just Serge, one of the people said to wait for another THREE years... I waited, getting excited when flyers come by our house... looked in them, see nothing, but perhaps some nice Mario games, and that's it! *Flips calander* "Wow! Three years pasted already??"... still no news of Chrono Break, 'cept for cheesey fake screens on the net.

So I hope the above will show you that Chrono Break is on the verge of being banned to Forgotten Crap Land. (No offence...) Though I hope that Sqaure is actually secrety working on it though...

Skogs
12-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Well, whatever happens, It probably won't get released on PAL. Crap, guess this means I'll probably need to mod my PS2.

Aphelion
04-10-2004, 10:37 PM
I guess that's goodbye for Chrono Break! But I hope that something make Square change their minds...we want more adventures!

Chibi Youkai
04-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I think that they will eventully make it. It makes no real sense not to, I guess. Also, the Crono series just seems to me to need a third instalment.