PDA

View Full Version : B-Garden faculty ???

Xu
06-19-2003, 04:21 AM
i've heard that they are Shumis, like NORG, but their appearence are not like shumi... well they are shumi or huma, someone can tell?

Big D
06-19-2003, 05:49 AM
The faculty are just Humans, as far as I can tell. They simply wear black mage-style coolie hats in order to look ominous and authoritative.

Zifnab
06-19-2003, 11:10 AM
I actually see them as Shumi, not only are their faces covered up but their hands also. And they have rather large sleeves, much needed for NORGish hands.

Hal
06-19-2003, 11:58 AM
maybe they're hybrids? did any one think of that?

ShivaBlizzard8
06-20-2003, 01:32 AM
I have wondered this myself - the Faculty have always seemed a little less than human, but I could never convince myself that they are Shumi. First of all, their heights bother me. The Shumi in the Village are generally shorter than Squall and his companions, while the Faculty all seem to be human height. Of course, this doesn' t necessarly mean anything; I mean, NORG himself is HUGE. Then there's the fact that most Shumi are reluctant to head out into the outside world, and it is generally discouraged amongst their people. It makes sense that a handful like NORG, who crave power and ambition might rebel and stray from the Village, but the Garden seems to have a large staff, and it is doubtful that that many Shumi would choose to leave.
Finally, as a generally peace-loving people, I find it difficult that all the Faculty would completely support NORG in his quest for power. Maybe some would, but again not all. I would think some would defect. Of course, perhaps they stayed with him out of fear, which is quite possible. However, this point doesn't make it any more plausible for why humans would follow him either, so I suppose I'm quite undecided on the matter. Which is rather unusual for me. :) Good topic, btw.