PDA

View Full Version : Sorceress Issues...spoilers!!!

Xu
06-19-2003, 04:44 AM
i'm wondering...

If Edea get her powers from Ultimecia, then Rinoa get hers from Edea, and those powers reach Ultimecia again, this is an endless circle... gosh! Then, Adel died with sorceress powers!?! she didn't had the cance to pass them to another woman??? i'm confused...

example of the Sorceresse's powers:

*THE FIRST EMBODIMENT LINE:
Edea---> Rinoa---> Many other Sorceress ---> Ultimecia ---> Edea ---> Rinoa --->etc...

*THE SECOND EMBODIMENT LINE:
Previous Sorceress ---> Adel ---> [END???]

How the second line can be possible? You may answer: Squall & Co. killed Adel, but they also killed Ultimecia and somehow she didn't die until her passes her powers to another person (Edea), so, Adel can possibly DIE with the powers or somehow she passed her powers to another woman? So, there could be 2 sorceress in the same era?
:whoa:

But, this can make sense, since Rinoa and Adel are alive at same time, so there can be 2 Sorceress per era, but, again, when you defeat Adel she really die WITH the powers?? (Breaking the second embodiment line)

oh, i just love this game...
:choc:

Big D
06-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Edea didn't get all her powers from Ultimecia. She originally became a sorceress around the age of five. What Ultimecia bequeathed to her was basically a duplicate set of her own powers.

Adel probably just gave her powers to Rinoa. A sorceress doesn't become 'more' of a sorceress by gaining extra sets of poweres, as shown by Edea.

Oh, and there can be more than one sorceress in any given era. It's said in the game that most sorceresses hide there power, so there's no way of knowing just how many there are.

Xu
06-19-2003, 05:58 AM
oh.. i see now.. ^^

another question: When Ultimecia passes her powers to Edea at the end of the game, that doesn't create a time confusion?

Big D
06-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Not really. Some would say so, but I disagree. They're the same powers that Edea passed on to her (via Rinoa and the other sorceresses who followed), so she was just getting a duplicate copy of her own powers.

Leigha
06-19-2003, 05:16 PM
emm..... edea didn't give up all of her power to rinoa... didn't rinoa just receive the portion that ultemecia had? she only took one woman's power... and edea had two when rinoa took one, because didn't edea go to dr. odine to rid herself of the power when you first go to esthar???? and when adel died, rinoa absorbed adel's power, as well as a portion of ultemecia's, enabling the time compression when ellone took rinoa back in time with ultemecia inside of her, it is indeed a very confusing matter.. i get it, but i just don't know how to word it and make sense, you know??? :eep:

Flying Mullet
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
This can all be answered with a simple equation: R=U

PhoenixAsh
06-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Lol, usually I'd spring with that when this stuff comes up, but R=U actually has no effect at all on the timelines.

I'm not sure that there are loads of Sorceresses around, maybe a handful. I always thought that there was only one at a time until Ultimecia started the loop, then it becomes maybe two or three depending on stuff.