PDA

View Full Version : Which voice sucked the most??

hydan
06-19-2003, 02:54 PM
i'm still throwin up to that girl who asks Tidus to sign his name on the ball at the start.

TheAbominatrix
06-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah she was pretty bad. And the chocobo knight trainee guy, who was voiced by the guy from Tenchi... ew. Tidus' voice is still the ultimate in crap. At least at first. He seemed to get better as the story went on, but at first I wanted to jam a screwdriver in his throat.

Roz
06-19-2003, 04:25 PM
YUNA'S REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY SUCKED

crono_logical
06-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Yuna's is the flattest and most emotionless out of the English cast :p Worse than Kimarhi's, and he rarely speaks :p

Psychotic
06-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Although Tidus sure as hell sucked, just what the hell were Square thinking with Yuna!?

The One Winged Angel
06-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Yuna's had no emotion and Tidus' was rlly bad (the part on gagazet after you beat Biran and Yenke springs to mind) the others were quite good though

MJN SEIFER
06-19-2003, 09:51 PM
They were ALL BAD! because RPGS ARE NOT MENT FOR VOICES!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :choc: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Blackmage
06-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Yuna wins this one hands down. Tidus's voice was annoying at first, but after awhile, he seemed to be fine. *shrug*

On a sidenote, I'd have to say that Wakka's voice is 'bout the best of the main characters.

TheAbominatrix
06-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Hmm... that's weird, I enjoyed Yuna's voice. I think I'm tone-deaf...

LadyYuna
06-20-2003, 04:44 AM
Even though I liked Yuna, I have to admit that her voice could've been a LOT better. The thing that really got me peeved, though, was when she said 'okay,' or 'yes,' really fast. Wow, was that annoying.

DarkJedi
06-20-2003, 04:57 AM
I liked the voices in Final Fantasy 10. I didn't find anything wrong maybe because this was my first final fantasy game.

Brian The Pink Shark
06-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Final Fantasy games can do without talking

SirenGriever
06-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I didn't like Yuna's voice because of...her....broken up....sentences....you know what....I mean? Tidus's voice was alright in the end, but I thought that the japanese voiceovers did a WHOLE lot better with these two characters. The first time I heard Seymour I didn't like his voice, but I got used to it and I learned to like it. But the one character I couldn't stand after a while was Wakka with his "ya know" and "Ya?" basically every time he talks. I know it's his dialect and all, but still ,ya know, couldn't ya give him a litta break, ya brudda?:D :D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

:love: :love: I love to ramble!!!:love: :love:

Psychotic
06-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
They were ALL BAD! because RPGS ARE NOT MENT FOR VOICES!

I don't think the ones in KH were all that bad... but Yuffie pronounced her name "Yoofie" in that and that annyoed me, but other than that they were quite good, other than the stupid 12 year old versions of Tidus, Wakka and Selphie.

I really don't know what sucked more, Tidus in FFX or Tidus in KH...

SeeDRankLou
06-20-2003, 09:32 PM
They were ALL BAD! because RPGS ARE NOT MENT FOR VOICES

Please join us in the 21st century where we have the advent of the PS2.

I like the voices in Final Fantasy X, but the worst would have to go Yuna, simply because it was weird. There was a superfluously extreme amount of voice inflexion. There were a lot of times when she spoke either too slowly or too quickly. And she seemed to pant a lot and breathe heavily at times, like she was a smoker or something.

Fuzakeru
06-21-2003, 05:02 AM
*Shrugs* I was always in love with Auron's character. His voice was done well.
ANYWAY, I have to say that Seymour's was the more annoying but Yuna's was the worst all around.

I liked Tidus's after I got used to it. *Smiles* I agree, Waka and Lulu's voice were perfect to me as well.

^_^

LadySteph

Maxico
06-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Tidus. at least at zanarkand and luca/mihen highroad.
this is why the saying arised: tidus is a NONCE. apart form that is seem unaffeceted by bad voices, movies, voice overs and songs. I consider it a talent.

Phoenix729
06-22-2003, 08:35 PM
They were all really rubbish except lulu and auro, but hey didn't have anything important to say anyway

Devilish
06-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Yuna's voice was really bad, Anyone remember the laughing seen? :D

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Oh God the laughing scene... that was just... ackward.

Ya know who was really bad? That prietess trainee girl ya keep running into. Her voice was annoying and so was she.

I loved Lulu, Auron, Wakka, and Rikku's voices. And yes, RPGs can do without voices, but I feel it just adds a new dimension to the characters. And it gives ya an idea of how to pronounce some of the stuff. And hereI was saying Tie-dus. if they'd had voices in VIII I wouldnt have been saying Quis-tis for so long. (Its pronounced key-stis by the way)

Phoenix729
06-24-2003, 01:06 PM
The problem with speech is that it takes so damn long to say anything and subsequently a lot of the deperately needed storyline can not be put in as there is not enough room on the disk. Text on the screen takes up just a fraction of that space so lots more storyline can be put in the game. Thats why X's characters were rubbish (plus the annoying american voices)

Imperia
06-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Tidus' voice can be very stupid and annoying sometimes, but I still think he's sweet and sexy.:love:

I don't like Yuna's voice all that much. It's WAY too soft and passive, and it makes her sound like a coward (which she is not).

Faris_the_guy
06-25-2003, 02:05 AM
They were ALL BAD! because RPGS ARE NOT MEaNT FOR VOICES!:

Okay...good

Anyway...all good, bravo, have a muffin

EDIT BY BoB: Don't insult other members.
[!]-except psychotic...he's an @ss.-[/!]

Greeneyes
06-25-2003, 04:20 AM
Yuna's Japanese voice actor, Aoki Mayuko, is awesome!
I fell in love with her voice after listening to Feel from the FFX soundtrack. It's smooth and peace-inducing. Donno why but everytime I listen to Yuna's voice ( in Japanese) I immediately feel a deep inner peace. *peaceful sigh*
:rolleyes2

Shimka
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm Japanese, so I bought the Japanese version of the game, I thought the voices were ok...........for those of you who have played both Japanese and English version of the game..........what's the difference?:eep:

HOOTERS
06-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Seymour's was definately the worst. It sounded more like the voice of one of the golden girls than a big bad evil guy.

m4tt
06-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
Seymour's was definately the worst. It sounded more like the voice of one of the golden girls than a big bad evil guy.

Haha, yeah it did!

Yuna had a decent voice, just bad acting. That little girl that stops you on the Mihen High Road and asks "Are you a Summoner!?" is really annoying though. But then, so are most of the non-important people who stop you just to grovel at Yuna's feet.

Radje
06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
UI liked Tidus's voice personally but i hated seymour's. It reminded me of that evil guy in resident evil code veronica cos of his womanly laugh (that wasn't meant to be a sexist remark, i just meant it went very high)

ThE dArK oNe
06-28-2003, 08:08 AM
I think Wakka and Auron's voices were better in English.

Shuin
06-28-2003, 04:24 PM
1st place = Tidus

2nd place = Seymour

3rd place = Kimahri

Hedgy
06-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Although it was a great improvement,
to hear the characters speak.

I must admit that after a while Wakka's accent
got on my nerves a bit.

Grapefruit the mage
06-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Hated Yunas and Tidus voices. Still getting nightmares from the laughing cene. Liked Auron ans Lulus voices though.:)

ohh... im new here so welcome me to the boards.;)

First time i ever uses this smalies -->:choc: :mog:

IamTidus
07-01-2003, 01:14 AM
Sense you told me to Welcome to the boards! And I think the laughing scene was well yeah can't I was going to say I liked it But I can't that was so bad. Meh All in all I liked all the voices. least though was the opening annoucer Cause it took me way too long to figure out the it was the staduim annoucer. And I felt dumb. I don't like feeling dumb I'm above that. Ya Know?

Shuin
07-02-2003, 03:45 AM
Er.... *Point at Tidus*

§håd0w
07-02-2003, 07:01 PM
after playing both japanese and stateside versions of ffx, i must say the voices of most people sucked in the stateside release. the jap. version was good, the voices fit well, but in america, the voices were crap.

1. Tidus
2. Yuna
3. Brother
4. Cid
5. chocobo lady at mi'ihen

chocoboy
07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Wakkas voice is ace!
Yuna sucked the most by far, but the kiddie Tidus only just beats it.

Might I point out that some of the text was lame too, like the kid running around the inn in Kilika "I want to be a blitzball..." What was going on there? Did he get too close to Sin?

Intrepid
07-04-2003, 02:25 AM
In my opinion. Lulu and Rikku were the most annoying sounding.

Rikku hurt my ears, and Lulu needed to clear her throat and get the frog out and stop saying "sad" at the end of her sentences.

Yuna was fine at the very beginning... then she got all soft and raspy-sounding... pretty weak. And she didn't have to apologize soe much either, my God...

Everyone else, they were fine. I personally thought that Auron, Seymour, Braska, Jecht, Tidus and Wakka's voice actors did the best job at making the character real.

§håd0w
07-04-2003, 07:40 PM
just a random thought, but just wanted to point out that Tara Strong (Rikku) also did the voice of Bubbles in PPG :p

Kuja's Baby Girl
07-05-2003, 11:57 PM
its true that yuna's voice could have been done better....but oh well at least they have a voice....it makes the game fun....and you dont have to read so much :p

chocoboy
07-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
just a random thought, but just wanted to point out that Tara Strong (Rikku) also did the voice of Bubbles in PPG :p

*blank stare*
You have forever warped my mind. Whenever I play that game I'm now thinking of that cartoon. I now expect to fight an evil monkey whenever a random battle appears....

§håd0w
07-06-2003, 04:32 PM
lol. thats what happens when u watch ppg marathons.

KasaiDraco
12-03-2005, 08:02 PM
If you think their voices suck, listen to mine!

ElVaCaNo02YTSCV
12-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I think Tidus's voice is nice..but the worst... had to be... Wakka.... he had some bad screeches... lol, then Rikku.... her voice is way to girlie...

Leeza
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.