PDA

View Full Version : Is it true (Cait sith spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
06-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Reeve = Cait
???????

m4tt
06-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Yes. It's shown in the game several times. o_o

MJN SEIFER
06-19-2003, 10:06 PM
thanks I just wasn't sure!

PhoenixAsh
06-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah it is, but it's questionable how much. The scene in the Temple of the Ancients is completely pointless if they're just man and puppet.

crono_logical
06-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Perhaps you're not meant to know at that point in the game yet about Reeve and Cait Sith? Although I can't remember to be certain myself, haven't played in a while :p

Big D
06-20-2003, 03:19 AM
There are subtle hints throughout the game, from Cait Sith's presence in the dubious Honeybee Inn to Reeve's predisposition against Shinra's drastic, violent actions.

Zifnab
06-20-2003, 09:23 AM
It's actually quite clearly shown when there's turmoil in Shinra and Reeve becomes President for about 5 seconds, Barret comes right on out with "You're busted Reeve!" to Cait Sith.

Big D
06-20-2003, 01:05 PM
That's right... that one scene is meant to dispel any remaining doubts. I had my suspicions before I first saw that scene.

PhoenixAsh
06-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Still the Temple scene doesn't make much sense. I mean by that point you were annoyed with him for being a big stuffed toy, for stealing the keystone, for kidnapping Marlene..... The suicide I guess was meant to make you like him, but if it was JUST a replacable body what's the point?

TheAbominatrix
06-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Reeve obviously was starting to see the light at this point. His original purpose was to use the party to help accomplish Shin Ra's goals. When he realized that there were lives at stake, he started to slowly change his mind and wake up to the truths. The whole point WAS that it was disposable body. He could help the party without having to put anyone in danger. Otherwise, someone non-replacable would've had to stay in there and be killed.

PhoenixAsh
06-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah I know why he was the one sacrificed, but what's the point in the scene where Cait is heading towards the materia and talking.

The Captain
06-23-2003, 01:40 AM
I would say the point of that scene is to get a look inside the head of Reeve, and see where he first begins to shift from being associated with the Shinra to siding with Cloud and company. Doesn't he say something like "I can help the world too!" or something along those lines right before he takes the materia? I think this shows the turning point in Reeve, which as others have said has been happening slowly but surely from the beginning of the game.

MJN SEIFER
06-26-2003, 02:12 PM
I think what Phoenix 17 means is why does Cait call this the "Final Final Farwell" as if he's gone for good I don't know either! and to the point why does Cait/Reeve say "OW!!" as he trips trying to get the materia he won't feel it and there's no one around to fool anymore!