PDA

View Full Version : looking for cd1!

nr1reaper
06-20-2003, 10:26 PM
....i have ff8 BUT i borrowed first cd to a friend and.... well (NO he didnt lose it) he moved.... and... well you should figure out the rest ....

anyway i have bought ff8 and borrowed first cd to a friend that moved and i didnt get it back so now i can play ff8... does some1 have cd1, or know where i can download good and working cd1 for psx (BURNABLE)!?:mog:

gah cant spell ....get it back so now i ***can't*** play ff8...

Erdrick Holmes
06-20-2003, 10:33 PM
This sounds semi legal so I'm gonna try and help.

Do you have a Mod chip in your Playstation? If so just find a copy of FF8 disc one and burn a copy on a cd-r, downlaoding it will work to but this won't work unless you have a modchip.

Peegee
06-21-2003, 01:34 PM
He's right. Otherwise you're going to be playing FF8 on the PC from now on.

Dragonfire
06-23-2003, 06:38 PM
there are other methods to using burned copys on the ps1 without a modchip. If you're using a PS1 go look it up on a search engine.

nr1reaper
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
omfg if you are smarter you would realise that i need THE CD-1 NOT SOME FREAKING MODCHIP TO BURN! i have th modchip ffs im no moron!

Flying Mullet
10-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Welcome to EOFF! :thumb:

Joel's suggestion of getting a mod-chip and burning the 1st cd is a good suggestion. Don't ask for help if you don't want to hear solutions to your problem.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Geez - Calm down - everyone is just trying to help you, but we'll be a lot more willing if you treat us politely. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what you already have, but I'm assuming you have a CD burner on your computer. Now, you can get a copy of the first disc to burn by renting it at any video store. As dragonfire said, if you don't have a modchip, their are other ways of getting around the situation. If you do, then I don't see the problem.

Advent Child
10-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Two things:
1) Actually I'm pretty sure you can't just copy the CD using a cd-r, there's somethign else you have to do for it to work.
2) If you don't already have a mod chip, it's cheaper to just buy FF8 again.

Flying Mullet
10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Advent Child
2) If you don't already have a mod chip, it's cheaper to just buy FF8 again.
Good point. You might be able to find it cheap at a pawn shop. And as you're only looking for disc 1 you don't have to worry about the other discs.

wax
10-23-2003, 12:51 AM
I have a spare copy of the FF8 disc one, e-mail your address to trrwilso@indiana.edu and i'll send it out to you.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-23-2003, 12:53 AM
You could also find a used one pretty cheap on eBay - I think there's one on here for like 5 bucks, although the general price is around $20. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=final+fantasy+VIII+playstation+game

eternalshiva
10-29-2003, 09:50 AM
*rolls eyes* you can buy FFVIII for 30 bucks at Electronic Boutique, walmart, zellers, blockbuster .... ANYWHERE. Its a greatest hits game and its super cheap.

People are trying to help you so don't call them morons.

Sacred Phoenix
11-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Since we are all on the topic, does anyone know where i could get disc 2 for the PC? every Electronics Boutiques i go to say that FF8 for PC is really hard to find. I would like to know if there is somwhere i could get it, before i have to go to Ebay(that will be my VERY last choice). I have the other discs but Disc two i think is too scratched for me to even burn a copy (i have no idea how that happened) but ya, if any one has any ideas please let me know thanks.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

NM
11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
I think you'll have to resort to ebay. It's seems to be impossible to buy FF8 for the PC these days.

carlogiovanni
12-29-2003, 04:27 AM
Hey everyone I'm new to the board.

I bought FF8 for the PC years ago and I found it in a drawer last week! It never worked properly with my old PC but I decided to install it on my new one, I turned on the anti-aliasing on my graphics card, downloaded a patch and the game is looking and running amazingly!

I am totally addicted all over again. Just rubbed that lamp and took on Diablos, he is weak! :p

Anyway.

Back to the point.

I can burn the discs and send them out to whoever wants them, as long as you guys cover all the costs. The discs don't have any scratches so they will copy fine. :D

Carl.