PDA

View Full Version : Sabin's Blitz

AJA iALAC
06-20-2003, 10:39 PM
I just can't pull these off in the Rom. I remember there being a meter counting down how much time to do the buttons inputs but there isn't one in the ROM. So I'm really just guessing when to start doing the commands. Also, I'm not even sure if I'm using the right keys on my keyboard. Does anyone know the default settings on the num pad?

Fiero Firestorm
06-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Okay, the basics of the Blitz. Are you listening? Yes? Good. Before we begin, I would like to get this one point across:
YOU MAY BEGIN INPUT WHEN YOU SELECT BLITZ. This is NOT Zell fighting, this is Sabin fighting!

Lesson one: USE THE KEYS YOUR EMULATOR IS SET TO USE.

Lesson two: Pummel.
Left, right, left [or right, left, right].

Lesson three: Aura Bolt.
Down, down, left.

JerVL/kg
06-25-2003, 04:14 AM
There is no meter counting down for Sabin's blitzes. You're thinking of Cyan.

The blitzes where you have to "roll" your thumb around the direction arrows on the SNES controller are difficult to pull off, but get easier with practice. For instance, "Fire Storm" (or whatever it's called) is done by pressing left, left-down, down, down-right, right. On the keyboard do this:

1. Hold down left arrow key.

2. KEEP HOLDING left arrow key and press DOWN arrow key.

3. RELEASE left arrow key and keep holding down arrow key for about 0.25 secs.

4. KEEP HOLDING down arrow key and press RIGHT arrow key.

5. RELEASE right arrow key and keep holding right arrow key for about 0.25 secs.

6. Release right arrow key, hit "A" button (wherever it's mapped on your k/b) Watch Sabin kick ass.

Note: This is much easier to do on the 4-arrow keypad; the number pad w/ arrows is too big and too easy to hit the wrong key.

Kirkpatrick
06-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Or, instead of rolling, you can press the button again:
left, left-down, down becomes left, left, down - it makes it much easier to do blitzes like Bum Rush and Air Blade

Cryih Tuikrdo
06-25-2003, 09:08 AM
There are two confirming keypresses involved with Blitz. When performing Blitz, select it, and without touching anything else, perform the blitz move, and confirm again. Let's say you have "A" set to Enter. So then it'd go:

Highlight Blitz - Enter - Left, Right, Left - Enter

Edgar
07-01-2003, 09:53 AM
I don't use the holdind method, I just can't seem to execute fire Dance that way.

For Bum Rush, you can use: RRUULLDDR'A'

Or something like that. It's much easier imho.